• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/11 Worms @ SammyJam

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaaa the heavy mist is coming in and down and will knock down any fly balls we would need 4 more singles to win this, not happening. Contrary to what Kruk said that weather is terrible for offense and so it goes no runs. Even our fire starting BP should be able to get through a couple of innings with this heavy mist.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we start trading away players for prospects and start tanking?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaaa the heavy mist is coming in and down and will knock down any fly balls we would need 4 more singles to win this, not happening. Contrary to what Kruk said that weather is terrible for offense and so it goes no runs. Even our fire starting BP should be able to get through a couple of innings with this heavy mist.

Apparently if you are stranded in the woods if you have the Giants Bullpen with you they can light Damp wood for a cozy fire. Hahaha :pound:

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget crappy hitting.

Something isn't right with this team. No fire, they've lost all their personality or something. Just meh.

Textbook apathetic baseball at its finest, especially at home.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any explanation for this lineup tonight? I understand Hundley. And I understand Marrero (someone has to play out there). But why sit Craw in Posey first game out? Is Span hurt again?

This was a punt lineup, and we have an auto loss tomorrow. I just don't get it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any explanation for this lineup tonight? I understand Hundley. And I understand Marrero (someone has to play out there). But why sit Craw in Posey first game out? Is Span hurt again?

This was a punt lineup, and we have an auto loss tomorrow. I just don't get it.

The oddsmakers have the Giants as slight favorites for Wednesday night which is inexplicable to me. Maybe their 5th starter is terrible too, and we win 9-7.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Hernandez done anything to be worthy of being on the team? He cant play defense and cant hit. I hear what a great defender he is, but all I see constantly are fuck ups on the field. In fact he has already cost 2 games with them.

Untrue.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we start trading away players for prospects and start tanking?
I made a similar parody post after game 1 or 2. But it get me thinking about who the Giants would even make available in a situation where they were sellers at the deadline.

Basically, the only names I could cone up with were Cueto and to a lesser extent, Nunez, Pence and Sammy.

Cueto would be sold as a rental. But I think he would be able to fetch quite a healthy return.

Pence MIGHT have value, but he is too much of a health wildcard at this point to really know if he will even be around come deadline time.

Sammy is a decent arm, but he is owed a kings ransom. I doubt he would return much.

Nunez would be the most likely trade target. The Giants have depth at 3B moving forward, and Nunez brings lots of weapons to the table. He would not bring back as much as Cueto, but he would likely have more suitors.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Only if the team starts winning a lot more.
MY brain says you are right. But history shows that the org tends to have too much rope lying around, so they feel the need to hand it to vets at every opportunity.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Only if the team starts winning a lot more.
If he completely implodes, I could see them yanking him sooner.

But he won't, so hell get six poor to mediocre starts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was at the game last night, demoralizing to say the least. i didn't understand the outfield situation going into spring training and the one fielded last night was just bizarre...

this team has zero identity or on field leadership. other than cueto it looks like no one is having any fun. at this point i'd take 9 johnny's on the field - at least it would be entertaining