• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.10 worms @ Young Beede

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further digging finds that the Gs have 4 blsvs so far, in 2 games, and the Gs won both of them!!! The other game was with the dogs, 14inn. Who knew?

Was that the McCutcheon HR game? Are we really counting the Dodgers tying up a game in the top of the 6th and again top of the 7th as BS's? Technically I guess they are so I'm wrong, but to me only Strickland's last night was a classic blown save.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that the McCutcheon HR game? Are we really counting the Dodgers tying up a game in the top of the 6th and again top of the 7th as BS's? Technically I guess they are so I'm wrong, but to me only Strickland's last night was a classic blown save.
And that is the problem with the blown save statistic, which I believe we've all talked about before. They really need to change that out to two different stats. If there is a hold and a save stat, there should also be a blown hold and a blown save stat.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the problem with the blown save statistic, which I believe we've all talked about before. They really need to change that out to two different stats. If there is a hold and a save stat, there should also be a blown hold and a blown save stat.
So if a guy blows a save, and the team still wins, that would be a blown hold :noidea:

Maybe they could distinguish between a blown save that caused a loss and a blsv that didn't.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a guy blows a save, and the team still wins, that would be a blown hold :noidea:

Maybe they could distinguish between a blown save that caused a loss and a blsv that didn't.
I think that the blown save stat should only be applied if the team has the lead in the last inning of regulation and the pitcher gives up the lead. Anything before the 9th inning counts as a blown hold (or whatever you want to call it). The blown save could also be applied to a pitcher losing the lead in extra innings as well, if the pitcher first appeared in the big with a lead. If the pitcher is in line for the win and the game gets tied or the other team takes the lead, the blown save statistic is not in play.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success? Thank you? Abolish the hitting with RISP stat?

original.gif