• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #30 Northwestern @ #58 Nebraska

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you guys it's 4:20 in the morning guess what I'm doing oxy Cotton's

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey blkflagmafia how ya been

Been ok really busy work wise and kid wise. My 7 year old loves watching husker football. Sad season even he doesn't understand why we look so bad. Hope all of yall are safe and enjoying this year, change is coming last game was the last straw

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

A couple statements of
Duck-Dynasty-What-GIF.gif

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't listen to any more than the first couple of minutes. Same old bullshit.
Maybe if someone told the players they need to step up and make a difference or start paying for their own education there would be improvement instead of this bullshit. "I am so proud of the way these guys fight." "I really like these guys." Every single week. Well guess what. That is not enough.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I couldn't listen to any more than the first couple of minutes. Same old bullshit.
Maybe if someone told the players they need to step up and make a difference or start paying for their own education there would be improvement instead of this bullshit. "I am so proud of the way these guys fight." "I really like these guys." Every single week. Well guess what. That is not enough.

Right here is the start of cray cray
[/QUOTE]

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

For the most part you play how you're coached.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to laugh at the people who thought Riley was a good hire! LMAO!

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Riley was announced, who honestly said "now that is a good hire"
I personally do not know a single one.
I was in the, hope and pray for something category. Hope and pray that he could do more here than he did at oregon st.

Hoped he would turn it around and do something, but never once believed he would be able to do it

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Riley was announced, who honestly said "now that is a good hire"
I personally do not know a single one.
I was in the, hope and pray for something category. Hope and pray that he could do more here than he did at oregon st.

Hoped he would turn it around and do something, but never once believed he would be able to do it

I was in the "who's that?" group. I Googled him, read up on his history, and figured I'd throw my support behind him.

He let me down.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the "who's that?" group. I Googled him, read up on his history, and figured I'd throw my support behind him.

He let me down.
Exactly, like 99.999% of husker fans we said who the f is that and said well he is our coach and cheered him on there is that .001% that wanted to be right about how bad of a hire he was that they rooted against him but they should not be called husker fans. We all hoped that SE had magical powers to know this guy would get it done, turns out we were all sold a giant jar of snake oil

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember looking up Riley when Howdy Doody announced him as head coach. When I saw Oregon State I thought oh crap, as I watched many PAC games and had not seen any Oregon State wins.

Jay Foreman said this morning that not all coaches at Nebraska were sold on JD Spielman. That speaks volumes into the mindset of the current coaching staff. JD was one of the sparks yesterday -
Here my 2nd post back when MR was hired, "I watched a couple of Beavs games this year, one game they looked good and one they looked well kinda like the Huskers complete with turnovers and smfh defense."

My gosh it was so prophetic it is scary. :doh:

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Here are some first reactions to Mike being hired....
Mike Riley

Great hire. Surprising, but love it.

I'll need some time for this to sink in.

I don't understand what he has shown over the recent years out there that makes this a slam dunk.

I don't get it. This is a joke right.....

completely underwhelmed.

hiring a 5-7 coach.

Looks like choices 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, turned down Nebraska.

And we stay the laughing stock of the NCAA.

Fire SE
fire Pearlman

LOVE THIS!!!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley was supposed to be someone who took 2 and 3 stars and developed that talent in to competitors.
When he was hired I like everyone said who is he and then I decided if he could develop talent than it was a good fit for a place like Nebraska.

But go ahead and laugh. You got what you wanted.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley was supposed to be someone who took 2 and 3 stars and developed that talent in to competitors.
When he was hired I like everyone said who is he and then I decided if he could develop talent than it was a good fit for a place like Nebraska.

But go ahead and laugh. You got what you wanted.
who wanted this??? I mean IF he could actually develop lower level "talent" into better talent then it would have been better. I am always a put up or shut up but hope for the best and never buy the hype regardless.

For instance i want frost here. but i wont be sold on him being the next coming of TO til he puts it on the field until then ill support him, i wont say wtf when he comes here like i did with MR though either.