• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 way trade: LAL/SAN/PHX

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, Ayton and Love are actually UPGRADES over what they had at those positions last year...... which is sad. Those 2 would also snatch up twice as many boards as they got too so at this point why the hell not when the upgrades are substantial offensively, lol.

Bender & Chriss both show flashes of brilliance every now and then but other than that they've both been meh. They are still both 20 and have had 2 coaches already going on 3 so I haven't given up on them juuuust yet.
Give the Cavs Tyson Chandler, Bender or Chriss and #16.....seems decently fair.

Love would give Ayton some great spacing- and they would rebound the shit outta the ball--- and Love is a great passer-- good veteran presence.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give the Cavs some assets for KEvin Love!!!!!

Go for a new-age offense only Suns!!! Ayton and Love in the frontcourt.....Booker in the back court......sounds like a plan to me!!!!

16 & Warren for Love seems like something that could actually happen

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Cavs Tyson Chandler, Bender or Chriss and #16.....seems decently fair.

Love would give Ayton some great spacing- and they would rebound the shit outta the ball--- and Love is a great passer-- good veteran presence.

Yeah, one of Warren/Chandler/Dudley's contracts would need to be included, but the 16th pick & one of them should get it done.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throw in bender or chriss too--- you dont need 3 stretch 4's

That's where ya lose me. Chriss can play the 5, and they could always trade them in a separate move... not gonna get rid of them just to clear the depth chart a little. BUT they are the Suns so who the hell knows.

Either way, lots of good players available at 16 & they ultimately want to trade up but Love could be a fallback if nothing pans out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Lonzo is untouchable...no one wants to touch that guy with a 10 foot pole... :pound:
Spurs have indicated that they do not want to trade with the Lakers, but will if they have the best package. That said they are not interested in Lonzo Ball because of the circus he brings to town but are intrigued with Ingram, Kuzma and some draft picks. I think the Lakers could offer several of the ones they kept from last year to make that happen

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of reports of teams looking to deal picks to attach it to expiring contracts. Wouldn't this be a better way to go? Take on a Faried and the Nuggets pick or even inquire to Memphis about taking Parsons and the #4 pick? Wizards and their pick? Lots of teams looking to make financial moves.

Yeah maybe.

All depends on how you view Lonzo and when you want to have the cap space.

I believe the FA class of 2020 projects to be substantially better than 2019, no?

And, Phoenix will likely need 2 years to prove they are a worthy destination for a star free agent. They were a 20 win team after all.

But yeah, dealing their other 1st for Parsons and the 4 would be another great move for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Memphis has #4 up for grabs then I would take on Parsons contract and send ALL the picks they wanted; 16,31,59, next year's Milwaukee pick, etc. to get it done IF Luka is there at 4, but that's far from a guarantee.

As far as the Wizards & Nuggets go, as I stated earlier the only way they'd ADD picks if it is was to help them package them together to move into the top 8 or so, making those moves by themselves don't make sense unless it's part of a bigger plan. Lots of directions they can go, but I expect them to be super active one way or another, just don't think they draft 3+ rookies.

You might be able to get 4 and Parsons from Memphis for 31 and and a 2nd.

Then, you could possibly deal 16, 4 and either Criss or Bender to Sacramento for 2, because they don't seem completely sold on Luka.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be able to get 4 and Parsons from Memphis for 31 and and a 2nd.

Then, you could possibly deal 16, 4 and either Criss or Bender to Sacramento for 2, because they don't seem completely sold on Luka.
As bad as Parsons contract is I feel like it would cost much more than that to move up to 4, but that’s something they should absolutely look into. If they can come out of the draft with Luka & Ayton I will cry tears of joy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the Suns accepting a deal where they give up 2 picks to get Zo/Deng's contract. Seems light on their end.

Ball is a pass first PG that would fit in seamlessly next to Booker....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks Phoenix would be giving up are #16 and #31.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEAR ME OUT...

All these teams hate each other, but I think this is a good fit...

SAN: Ingram, Kuzma, 25th pick (LAL), 31st pick (PHX), Future 1st (LAL)

LAL: Leonard, 16th pick (PHX)

PHX: Ball, Deng's contract

San Antonio reloads, LA gets rid of a bad contract, get a top 8 player, and moves up in the draft for their guy Zhaire Smith, Phoenix gets their PG of the future.

LA does give up their entire young core basically, but if they are confident they can land PG then it's worth it alone imo, esp. if Zhaire falls to them at 16.

PHX gets screwed in this. They lose two draft picks, take on money, and get a headache in Ball.

If they enabled LAL to get what they want without getting anything of value, then they are idiots.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have indicated that they do not want to trade with the Lakers, but will if they have the best package. That said they are not interested in Lonzo Ball because of the circus he brings to town but are intrigued with Ingram, Kuzma and some draft picks. I think the Lakers could offer several of the ones they kept from last year to make that happen

I am good with that trade. My fear is San Antonio will dumb luck their way back to the front of the draft and find the next great Spur for 20 years. Giving them a mixture of overrated and mid round picks is the ideal scenario for this Dallas fan.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHX gets screwed in this. They lose two draft picks, take on money, and get a headache in Ball.

If they enabled LAL to get what they want without getting anything of value, then they are idiots.

Obviously, if they were to accept this deal it is because the WANT Ball and can see past the shooting woes of last season and to his well rounded game beyond that. I do feel that the Suns are getting the short end of this deal though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with that trade. My fear is San Antonio will dumb luck their way back to the front of the draft and find the next great Spur for 20 years. Giving them a mixture of overrated and mid round picks is the ideal scenario for this Dallas fan.

That's essentially what this deal is, along with a Deng dump to Phoenix for Ball. Some of the extra picks included from the Suns seem a bit unnecessary (although as a Laker fan, I would love to get the #16 of course).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, is Phoenix a player for free agents this year coming off a 21 win season?

They will need 2 years to grow their young core before they might be able to attract a serious star. In this deal, yes, they are taking on $, but they return another high end prospect in exchange for 2 later picks that they want to consolidate anyway.

Most inmportantly, they will have cap space when they actually need it. Ball, Booker, Jackson, Ayton + a max player in 2 years could make them a contender.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for Dallas Mavericks Fans - The Spurs are considerably smarter in drafting, trading and signing. It is sad to see Dallas flop around like they do - Cuban started out so good

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, if they were to accept this deal it is because the WANT Ball and can see past the shooting woes of last season and to his well rounded game beyond that. I do feel that the Suns are getting the short end of this deal though.

The issue with Ball isn't the player, it's the dad. Rookies play like rookies, I have no issues with the kids game. He could a good one for a long time.

But dad...that man needs to disappear.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Ball isn't the player, it's the dad. Rookies play like rookies, I have no issues with the kids game. He could a good one for a long time.

But dad...that man needs to disappear.

The best path with Lavar is just to ignore him and let him continue to prove himself the farce that he is.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, is Phoenix a player for free agents this year coming off a 21 win season?

They will need 2 years to grow their young core before they might be able to attract a serious star. In this deal, yes, they are taking on $, but they return another high end prospect in exchange for 2 later picks that they want to consolidate anyway.

Most inmportantly, they will have cap space when they actually need it. Ball, Booker, Jackson, Ayton + a max player in 2 years could make them a contender.

No, they aren't a FA destination this year. But you get to be a FA destination by keeping Booker, drafting Ayton, someone else decent at 16, and a young project at 31. Then this time next year you look at what you still have, which could still be a young and solid team.

Or you take on someone elses headache and give up two decent positioned picks.