• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Louisville @ #5 Clemson (Jackson vs Watson) 8 pm - ABC

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2006 remains my favorite season. Opened with the big win over UK, I was at PJ Stadium for the win over Miami, and continued to win despite losing Brohm & Bush for a couple games. The West Virginia game is probably one of the best wins in history of the program. In retrospect, that season epitomizes everything that was wrong with the BCS. 1-loss Louisville team end up playing Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl.

Can you expand?

ACC champ v. Big East champ seems to make sense.

although florida making it after getting walloped by a bad auburn team wasn't exactly great either.

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you expand?

ACC champ v. Big East champ seems to make sense.

although florida making it after getting walloped by a bad auburn team wasn't exactly great either.
ACC was pretty bad that year. Wake Forest couldn't beat Clemson nor Virginia Tech that year. Conference champ or not, I never agreed with giving a big bowl spot to the 15th ranked team in the country. And a generously ranked 15. SOS wasn't great & they brought 3 losses to the table.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC was pretty bad that year. Wake Forest couldn't beat Clemson nor Virginia Tech that year. Conference champ or not, I never agreed with giving a big bowl spot to the 15th ranked team in the country. And a generously ranked 15. SOS wasn't great & they brought 3 losses to the table.

It's cyclical. Everyone rips on the Big East but they had a a really good record in BCS bowl games and 2 of their losses were in the BCS title game (Va Tech in 99 and Miami in 2002 against Ohio St).

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care. My CFB team blows. I just hate with it's not decided by the players.

The INT was clear DPI. He just reaches out and trips the guy taking a big and allowing it to be a pick.

The play where Staples gets a personal foul for taking his helmet off, clearly dPI and a classic case of a team being punished for being right ripping the refs.

The one at the end of the half on 3rd down when the dude wraps his arms around the WR like they're going steady.

The 3rd down play in the EZ on the final drive, cheating us out of Lamar Jackson's heisman moment (breaking 2 tackles and throwing the GW TD).

Not really that hard.

Those are all CLEAR calls. Nothing 50-50 about them.

1. I give you this one but it was a bad throw by Lamar with how long the ball floated in the air. It ends up the next two plays are turnovers, so UL only have themselves to blame right here.

2. You're right, nothing 50/50 about this one. Great play by the defender, it's a very similar play to the one-handed pick by Michigan. Lack of discipline and composure by Louisville is another thing they need to fix.

3. 50/50 right here. Maybe PI on instant replay but smart play by the senior using the "vet move" knowing that it's hard for the refs to see and call that.

4. Could have been a Heisman moment except the ball was thrown into coverage and the defender gets his hand in and knocks it out. No PI.

Not sure what's your definition of PI is but to say the refs bail Clemson out is bullshit. All 4 of these plays had one thing in common, Lamar looking for a bail out when no one is open and pressure is coming in. Overall the refs miss calls for both teams, the final result came down to one team making/stopping a final drive and one failing on both sides at the end.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I give you this one but it was a bad throw by Lamar with how long the ball floated in the air. It ends up the next two plays are turnovers, so UL only have themselves to blame right here.

2. You're right, nothing 50/50 about this one. Great play by the defender, it's a very similar play to the one-handed pick by Michigan. Lack of discipline and composure by Louisville is another thing they need to fix.

3. 50/50 right here. Maybe PI on instant replay but smart play by the senior using the "vet move" knowing that it's hard for the refs to see and call that.

4. Could have been a Heisman moment except the ball was thrown into coverage and the defender gets his hand in and knocks it out. No PI.

Not sure what's your definition of PI is but to say the refs bail Clemson out is bullshit. All 4 of these plays had one thing in common, Lamar looking for a bail out when no one is open and pressure is coming in. Overall the refs miss calls for both teams, the final result came down to one team making/stopping a final drive and one failing on both sides at the end.

You're living in a fantasy world. He pulled Staples jersey on that play. Everyone could see it. Even the pro-clemson ABC announcers were saying these were obvious.