• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Houston Rockets vs 6) OKC Thunder

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays great in the playoffs, it's a team game dude, and he's a conventional PG, not a PG like Russ or Steph that looks to score first.

Steph is one of the key cogs in arguably the greatest team-oriented offense in history.

And again, if it's a team game then we need to stop using MJ's rings as the argument-ender about the GOAT. Because his teams were much better than the teams LeBron took to the Finals all those years.

I actually agree with you team matters, but it has to mean something that in a long career on some good teams Paul hasn't even gotten to a conference finals, let alone a Finals.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph is one of the key cogs in arguably the greatest team-oriented offense in history.

And again, if it's a team game then we need to stop using MJ's rings as the argument-ender about the GOAT. Because his teams were much better than the teams LeBron took to the Finals all those years.

I actually agree with you team matters, but it has to mean something that in a long career on some good teams Paul hasn't even gotten to a conference finals, let alone a Finals.
Remind me on Monday when I get in the office of this little argument.

I'm on my phone and drinking, I can't really give you the responses I probably want to

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure how someone can say Steph isn't a team guy - or that he's a shoot first PG. Maybe someone who spends more time picking out nick names for him instead of actually watching him play. SMH

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremendous start from OKC in the first 3+ minutes

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drives me crazy that Westbrook can't do this when the game matters most

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good start from Roberson and Taj

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after watching game 1 all the way through and most of game 2, I have to post my thoughts on why Westbrook as MVP is a total sham.

The difference between he and Harden is about 2.5 rebounds. One made history with the triple double average while the other merely had an MVP worthy campaign in any other season. If Westbrook only averaged 8 rebounds per game, his overall stat line would not carry the same historical significance and Harden would be the run away MVP winner because of his team's success.

Why is this relevant? Most assume that Russ' rebounds are needed by his team. They are not. One thing OKC does better than anyone in the league is rebound the ball. His supporters claim that when Russ grabs uncontested rebounds in the paint, it allows him to start the fast break quicker and get out running. This assertion is false.

When Russ gets these types of rebounds, 4 or 5 opposing players are in front of him. This makes it nearly impossible for him to attack the rim when looking at those types of numbers in what is usually a 3-5 type of "break".

If instead, Russ allowed his capable rebounding bigs to take those boards and he got in position to receive the outlet pass, he would be looking at more 2-3, 1-2, 2-2 type situations where Russ may be the greatest open court player I have ever seen.

Since OKC's roster is built with defense in mind and they often struggle mightily in half court offense, I would make the case that Russ' insistence in grabbing these rebounds not only isn't helping his team, but it is hurting them. Russ needs to be the human lightning bolt that he is in the open court instead of hunting unnecessary rebounds.

Lastly, if he can dial it back and let the offense flow like he did in the first half, this is a 7 game series. If Russ goes hero ball mode like he did in the second, it will be over in 4. OKC's success is entirely up to him. They won't win if he continues to try to do everything.

None of that criticism is warranted.
When RW is playing like he is this quarter he's damn near flawless.
The rebounds he gets are 90% loose ball boards, those are particularly valuable because position doesn't help, it's hustle and quickness that wins out. He is also an excellent passer, much better than he's given credit for by some.
The trouble is when he stops passing like he did in game 2. He was awful in the 4th quarter. Of course if he'd hit some shots, OKC wins the game and he has a game for the ages.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when cole was gonna get playing time. He's a 3 and D guy who can handle the ball

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way RW is playing early on this one, getting the ball inside opens things up. Good strategy. I have been wondering why Gibson hasnt played more, he was always a good big in Chicago

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when cole was gonna get playing time. He's a 3 and D guy who can handle the ball

The coach hasnt played a bunch of guys that IMO he should. Gibson and Cole havent played much and they havec playoff experience. They werent playing Kanter or Gibson much and they paid Kanter a shit ton

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather they move teams like OKC, Houston out to East. Balance up the power a little bit. They have no shot at GS/SA. Or do away with conferences all together better yet..

No conferences, just top 16 teams get drawn at random and they play whoever in the playoffs.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach hasnt played a bunch of guys that IMO he should. Gibson and Cole havent played much and they havec playoff experience. They werent playing Kanter or Gibson much and they paid Kanter a shit ton

Agreed

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather they move teams like OKC, Houston out to East. Balance up the power a little bit. They have no shot at GS/SA. Or do away with conferences all together better yet..

No conferences, just top 16 teams get drawn at random and they play whoever in the playoffs.

I think a no conference is eventually coming

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather they move teams like OKC, Houston out to East. Balance up the power a little bit. They have no shot at GS/SA. Or do away with conferences all together better yet.

Nah I wouldnt say no shot. Houston needs to play better D but they have an explosive offense

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that criticism is warranted.
When RW is playing like he is this quarter he's damn near flawless.
The rebounds he gets are 90% loose ball boards, those are particularly valuable because position doesn't help, it's hustle and quickness that wins out. He is also an excellent passer, much better than he's given credit for by some.
The trouble is when he stops passing like he did in game 2. He was awful in the 4th quarter. Of course if he'd hit some shots, OKC wins the game and he has a game for the ages.

THis quarter is precisely why the criticism is warranted.

IF Westbrook played like This all the time, he would have rings and KD would still be there. But, he is selfish so he doesn't.

And, no, taking uncontested rebounds from Adams and KANTer I still not needed.

Also, no. Westbrook is a very average passer.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class D'Antoni team that plays no D.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00