• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3/5 Giants @ Padres - ST Game 5

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can listen to the game for free again today -
The lineup:
8 - Wade
7- Dickerson
2 - Casali
4 - Flores
3 - Ruf
dh - Bart
6 - Dubon
9 - Duggar
5 - Wilson
1 - Menez

Trying to figure out why two NL teams are using the DH when there will be no DH in the NL this season. I guess, like the 7 inning rule for games early in ST, they feel that having pitchers hit is not a good idea right now. Seems dumb, if ST is about preparing for the regular season, until you realize that it makes the pitchers look even more ill prepared for hitting and convinces more fans that the DH is needed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup:
8 - Wade
7- Dickerson
2 - Casali
4 - Flores
3 - Ruf
dh - Bart
6 - Dubon
9 - Duggar
5 - Wilson
1 - Menez

Trying to figure out why two NL teams are using the DH when there will be no DH in the NL this season. I guess, like the 7 inning rule for games early in ST, they feel that having pitchers hit is not a good idea right now. Seems dumb, if ST is about preparing for the regular season, until you realize that it makes the pitchers look even more ill prepared for hitting and convinces more fans that the DH is needed.
I actually have zero prob with the DH being used in ST. ST IS just essentially batting practice. Without competition, I don’t care if there is a DH or not.

Relatedly, I think the all star game should always have a DH as well.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup:
8 - Wade
7- Dickerson
2 - Casali
4 - Flores
3 - Ruf
dh - Bart
6 - Dubon
9 - Duggar
5 - Wilson
1 - Menez

I'm sure it's to get some folks some extra at bats...