• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 25sep Gs@A\z

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The Giants have made their decision based on Panda hat sales.

Seriously, though...

Do people still buy those? I can’t imagine Sandoval is good for the gate, so what is the thought process?
Then let me rephrase that statement. The Giants have justified their decision based on 4 games.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then let me rephrase that statement. The Giants have justified their decision based on 4 games.
I understood what you were saying.

I just started my post with sarcasm and changed it mid-post with a serious question.

WHY do the Giants want him? I can’t imagine he sells tickets. I can’t imaging people are still buying his hats. He plays good D, but his bat sucks. He certainly isn’t a MLB-quality player anymore.

With the coming roster crunch, why are they hitching their wagon to this guy? I just don’t get it.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood what you were saying.

I just started my post with sarcasm and changed it mid-post with a serious question.

WHY do the Giants want him? I can’t imagine he sells tickets. I can’t imaging people are still buying his hats. He plays good D, but his bat sucks. He certainly isn’t a MLB-quality player anymore.

With the coming roster crunch, why are they hitching their wagon to this guy? I just don’t get it.
I've been scratching my head on their decisions most of this season. It does remind me how they handled the post-Bonds teams of the mid 00s, having a rather oddly strong preference for veterans and bringing former players back on the decline side of their careers. It makes me nervous as to what kind of moves they are going to do in the offseason. My guess is that rookies will have little chance to make the team next year and a bunch of over paid, under performing vets are going to be signed to fill holes, regardless of whether they can be filled internally, or that the signed vet will provide any better production or that the holes really even exist.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been scratching my head on their decisions most of this season. It does remind me how they handled the post-Bonds teams of the mid 00s, having a rather oddly strong preference for veterans and bringing former players back on the decline side of their careers. It makes me nervous as to what kind of moves they are going to do in the offseason. My guess is that rookies will have little chance to make the team next year and a bunch of over paid, under performing vets are going to be signed to fill holes, regardless of whether they can be filled internally, or that the signed vet will provide any better production or that the holes really even exist.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your starting left fielder for your 2018 Giants: Michael Morse!"