• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

25 richest programs in college football

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think the NCAA did hammer em and very likely made them an example. Carroll didn't do the team any favors allowing celebs the access to them that he did. While some may argue it only upped SC's profile making it more desirable to go there and that's a valid rationale. It also put too much of a spotlight on SC all the time. You could see that was gonna wrong more than likely. No skin off Pete's nose though. He just moved on to the NFL and SC players he would never coach or who would attend SC while he was there. Holding the bag.

Celebs had nothing to do with what happened. Not even a donor, alum or booster. A couple of guys wanted a player to leave the school early and sign with them so they paid him and his family. But thanks for nothing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebs had nothing to do with what happened. Not even a donor, alum or booster. A couple of guys wanted a player to leave the school early and sign with them so they paid him and his family. But thanks for nothing.

Agreed far as celebs having no part in what was done to SC. The access that was given to the celebs is how the agent was able to get close to Bush, or at the very least made it much easier to get to Bush.

Though if I'm 100%, ass backwards, completely wrong about the situation. I'm OK with that as well.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed far as celebs having no part in what was done to SC. The access that was given to the celebs is how the agent was able to get close to Bush, or at the very least made it much easier to get to Bush.

Though if I'm 100%, ass backwards, completely wrong about the situation. I'm OK with that as well.

These guys weren't agents when one of them accompanied the Bush family . They were acquaintances of the Bush family in San Diego ( his step father) years before he even went to USC. Access to celebs wasn't the problem. No celeb crossed the line , no booster crossed the line , no alum crossed the line in this case.If a football players family comes from out of town and visits the player for a game and after the game goes to see the player in the locker room and one of the friends in the party who is not a registered agent goes with them how is USC supposed to know? Obviously once something happens you can see that maybe you need to tighten rules but at the time who would know the future?
The payments happened , the family did live rent free (in San Diego) for a year so USC should have gotten punished. But with schools having fake classes allowing hundreds of athletes stay eligible not getting punished, a school with a known booster (you can't get more known that having a photo of him giving a huge check to the AD in the stadium before a game and having the football players lounge named after him and him leading the team into the stadium) given gifts cash, paying for abortions and nothing substantial happened to them.

• USC did not pay Reggie Bush to play football.
  • USC did not give Bush’s family a home in exchange for their son playing football for the Trojans.
  • USC did not buy Reggie Bush a car or give him money to purchase a car.
  • No USC booster or patron ever gave Bush or his family any money or other financial benefits.
  • Lloyd Lake, the person who provided a home for the Bush’s and a used car for Reggie Bush, was not a booster or even a fan of USC.
  • Lloyd Lake was an ex-convict who had delusions of becoming a sports agent. When he left prison, he realized that a friend of his, Reggie Bush’s stepfather, LaMar Griffin, had a stepson, Reggie Bush, who was gaining fame playing college football.
  • Lake provided Griffin a home as well as other benefits in return for his stepson, Reggie Bush, signing with Lake’s fledgling sports agency when he decided to play in the NFL.

Last edited:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that USC is so low and Michigan State is so high.

Yeah. I don't think I expected MSU that much lower though. I didn't think USC was so low. Same with Nebraska.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, a list of football revenue and Oklahoma State doesn't find itself anywhere near the top 25.

That's really queer isn't it @Cowboyinexile :noidea:

All of those top 25 finishes you covet haven't really turned into dollar bills.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@outofyourmind
J2NTJJB.jpg

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU Is okay on the list at #10, but can we honestly say this
is all football money?

TV contracts are for the sports program in General. I understand
that the bulk of it is because of football, but even that could be a
bit flawed. The ACC money is every bit as much for basketball as
it is football. Their isn't anybody falling over themselves about
Duke or UNC football, but they are about basketball. Same for Syracuse. Louisville is 50-50.

This stuff also gets inflated depending on the year it is compiled.
It gets inflated because of bowl tie-in's/guarantees.

The SEC, Big12, Big10 and PAC12 all get 40 million when they
match up in the Rose Bowl (Big10-PAC12) and Sugar Bowl (SEC-Big12). When those bowls are used for semi-final games they don't
get 40 million each. Same for the ACC with the Orange. They get
27 million if they play an SEC or Big10 team and 40 million if they
face Notre Dame. When the OB is a semi-final, they don't get either.

There are just too many variables to make absolute statements.