• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247 Composite has WVU #55

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Shane Lyons! You piece of shit!

2nd to last ranked class in the Big 12.

WVU was going to end up exactly where it always had. That's what you fuckers told me!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU was going to end up exactly where it always had. That's what you fuckers told me!

Well..they did get kids at need positions..hope they can play! And there are still a few kids out there that are going to fill the class out with.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some on this board who feel that there isn't a need for 4 or 5 star players because they are primadonnas. A coach should be able to win by constantly coaching up 2 & 3 star players. Haven't we been doing this for a while? Sho' would like to see me some 4 & 5 star players. Where the Primadonnas at?

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I do agree that the contract situation had something to do with our low ranking this year, it makes me sick to my stomach to see Baylor rank ahead of us. They literally had one recruit left after the r*pe allegations came out and ended up with the 5th best class in the Big XII...and that was with a new coach too. It's obvious that location has SO much to do with recruiting and we'll be forever fighting that battle. Baylor started out with nothing and still landed 20 some 3 star kids in basically one month. I haven't looked but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of them are Texas kids.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 out of 27 were from Texas. 26 of them committed on 12/31/2016 or after. That is a perfect example of location my friends. There's so much talent in TX that the 3 star kids that we fight tooth and nail for are almost a dime a dozen.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some on this board who feel that there isn't a need for 4 or 5 star players because they are primadonnas. A coach should be able to win by constantly coaching up 2 & 3 star players. Haven't we been doing this for a while? Sho' would like to see me some 4 & 5 star players. Where the Primadonnas at?

Yeah... I think the RAB proved what can happen when you have 4 and 5 star kids going up against 3 star bums.

Miami kicked our ass. Their LB corps was all true freshmen. They had a defense full of underclassmen going up against our veteran offense. And, they shut us down!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..they did get kids at need positions..hope they can play! And there are still a few kids out there that are going to fill the class out with.

21 fucking recruits. Couldn't even fill the fucking class.

Our AD was doing the right thing the masses screamed. This will impact the future of WVU football for years to come.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Par for the course, bout 2 players worth of difference and looks like Dana is using those spots for grad transfers so...with prep players in those spots that could contribute right away they would have us in the low/mid 40's which in the neighborhood of where Dana always finishes, guy just aint an elite recruiter. Shane Lyons had ZERO to do with any shortcomings in this class, none.
Its a solid class all n all but location or contract extensions as the reason for our recruiting rankings? Stop it. Illinois, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Oregon State, Washington State all finished ahead of WVU too, location? I don't think so. Baylor is under investigation AGAIN and still beat WVU in the rankings. Time to stop with the excuses, Dana just is what he is when it comes to recruiting.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna eat some of your own bullshit next year GoldRusher. And, I'll be the one spoon feeding it to you.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Chris Anderson from 247's WVU recruiting site, Dana's contract status played a big role in this year's efforts to get high school kids to commit. None of us should argue with a man who's livelihood depends on tracking recruiting at WVU.

Here is another known expert talking about this issue... yeah... he worked for WVU's AD...

A Little Know-Howe: Rarity of Holgorsen's 2-Year Contract and Why it Could Mean Dead Man Walking

As I just pointed out, coaches with only two years remaining on a deal are basically "dead men walking."

I spent nearly two decades working in three different university athletic departments. I've worked with and been around multiple coaches who are in Halls of Fame or will be soon. Nearly every single one of them has insisted on at least four year contracts.

The coaches will tell you a minimum four year deal is needed so they can show recruits they will be around for their time at the school. Now we can debate the merit of that argument. Coaches leave every year even with a contract. Coaches are fired every year with time still remaining on their contracts. Just because a coach has a four year contract does not guarantee they will be at the school for that long.

However, look again at the names I listed above. It's clear presidents and athletic directors are buying the recruiting argument to some extent. The vast majority have granted coaches those minimum four year deals. Real or not, the perception that a less than four year contract hurts recruiting, is something most coaches (agents) have been successful in pitching to schools.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Dana's recruiting class finished in the 50's?

When was the last time Dana failed to fill a class?

When was the last time he signed but 14 high school seniors?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Par for the course, bout 2 players worth of difference and looks like Dana is using those spots for grad transfers so...with prep players in those spots that could contribute right away they would have us in the low/mid 40's which in the neighborhood of where Dana always finishes, guy just aint an elite recruiter. Shane Lyons had ZERO to do with any shortcomings in this class, none.
Its a solid class all n all but location or contract extensions as the reason for our recruiting rankings? Stop it. Illinois, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Oregon State, Washington State all finished ahead of WVU too, location? I don't think so. Baylor is under investigation AGAIN and still beat WVU in the rankings. Time to stop with the excuses, Dana just is what he is when it comes to recruiting.

Methinks this post is going to hurt the feelings of certain WVU posters on this site:dhd:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make excuses for Shane Lyons. You only look like a dumb fuck doing so....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna eat some of your own bullshit next year GoldRusher. And, I'll be the one spoon feeding it to you.

Lol i guess i was right. Holgersen's favorite puppy is here to save the day

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Found his comments interesting...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this one..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class looks alot like the classes of the past few years less a couple of 4 star recruits. Heavy on Wide Receivers and defensive backfield and light up front where we need more help.

Feel free to blame Lyons all you want, but throughout his tenure, Holgs has not produced a class worthy of the top 30 in 247 sports. With the JC transfers we have, this years roster will not be greatly affected. However, in the next couple of years, we will have to make up for the #38, #35, #39 and #55 ranked classes. Holgs will need to scour the JC ranks to get more players ready to step in the next couple of years.

The contract situation did hurt. I am sure the assistant coach turnover hurt us too. A great recruiter can overcome these obstacles. We see what Baylor did. We see what Maryland did in recruiting grounds that we have mined in the past. Holgs could sell his top 25 season, 10 wins, new contract and WVU to recruits. Baylor was able to do it with a sex scandal, new coach and potential NCAA sanctions on the horizon.

Holgs does more with less talent and has become a great game day coach, what he has never been is a great recruiter. We have a good base of players and could well end up in the top 3 of the conference again this year. If we want to do better, we need to attract better talent.

At least we have a really good basketball team we can follow.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Dana's recruiting class finished in the 50's?

When was the last time Dana failed to fill a class?

When was the last time he signed but 14 high school seniors?

Yea running off some his best recruiters cause he hired his buddies didn't have a thing to do with it right? I bet had Lonnie still had been on staff all year as the OC our rating would have been higher but no.. we had Wickline and now transition again in Spav, now I DO like those guys but there is a price to pay with transition and we paid a little, that's all it is , It will prob get better next year, another 30's to 45ish range. We need to hire a great recruiter with the extra coaching spot, 30-45 ish is ok but that's not going to win the Big12.