• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 recruiting

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Smothers just committed

He's N!

Sounds like he could be a criminal :nono:...... need more info. I don’t follow this shit too closely.

Appreciate that you do though a sincere thank you!

(I draw the line at jr. high commits fwiw):pound:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Martinez 2.0

Except this time we have a staff that knows how to make him efficient through the air.

This is exciting!

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little nervous about McCaffrey I hope he is OK with playing play maker instead of QB

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Smothers looks awesome at QB for the new Scott Frost offense.

As a sophomore, he runs a 11.05 100 meter. His PR is 11.01. I expect that to drop to 10.8 his senior season.

He has an adequate arm. The best part, he is not a shot putting QB when he throws and he doesn't throw off of his back foot. Is his arm great? No. But, he is only a Sophomore soon to be junior.

Me likey.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching video of this kid and comparing to both mariota and Martinez. He's an exceptional runner, way better than mariota, but his arm isn't nearly as good. The great ting is that he's still got WAY better mechanics than Martinez.

Look at old Nebraska film of the year we came back and beat Ohio state and when we came back to beat Wisconsin... That kind of explosive play-making at QB was a big part of what won those games. Martinez pretty much single handedly crushed K-State that one year when he ran all over them. I think this kid has even more potential. I'm excited for it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Smothers looks awesome at QB for the new Scott Frost offense.

As a sophomore, he runs a 11.05 100 meter. His PR is 11.01. I expect that to drop to 10.8 his senior season.

He has an adequate arm. The best part, he is not a shot putting QB when he throws and he doesn't throw off of his back foot. Is his arm great? No. But, he is only a Sophomore soon to be junior.

Me likey.

Yea, honestly I’m a little more excited for his potential than I am Adrian Martinez’s.

Not to take anything away from Martinez, but once this kid gets a feel for Frost’s system and is throwing the ball around, his feet are going to make him extremely dangerous.

I love that he flying under the radar as a recruit because this is like stealing a pot of gold if he stays committed.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of want to fast-forward four years

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of want to fast-forward four years

I think it’s gonna be fun to play the underdog this upcoming season. We’ll be the underdog in some games next year still too.

Playing the underdog under Mike Riley wasn’t fun because I actually knew there was no chance we were gonna win.

I actually will believe there is a chance we can upset anyone under Frost. I wouldn’t even 100% say Ohio State is unbeatable.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I completely agree. I think that our defense is going to be very very much improved especially with the weight that are too defensive tackles are carrying. Damion Daniels and the transfer from Utah. The ability of this staff to identify players and their strengths and weaknesses. and have them be in the position to make the best play possible is something we haven't had since the Osborne McBride era. I'm with you Jay I haven't had this confidence going into every single game since probably the Bo Pelini era. I didn't think Nebraska was going to lose because I grew up thinking Nebraska don't lose a football game. ( Thanks Tom)

Also recruiting, I mean this staffs ability to identify players I don't give a shit about stars. But the way they can identify the missing pieces to make the puzzle whole and to actually be able to get those players we're looking at a dynasty in the making.

Also Maurice Washington I believe is now eligible to play football for the University of Nebraska at Lincoln Cornhuskers