• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Nebraska kids, think Nelson is better than two Burke kids. Curious about Snodgrass/how he develops.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this commit. High potential. He runs a 10.7 100 meter, legit speed and still growing faster and stronger. I bet his track times go down his senior season and then the Oklahoma schools offer. Could be tough to recruit against OU because I will guess most kids in Oklahoma grow up wanting to be a Sooner.

Nice to see an Oklahoma young man choose Nebraska, over schools to the south of Oklahoma.

Neither Oklahoma or Oklahoma State offered, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Arkansas State did.

OU does not have a RB in the 2019 class yet. OU does have a Spencer Rattler though, cool name.

OSU does not have a RB in their 2019 class either.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading more junk on Grayson, runner up in the 100 meter dash as a freshman in high school.

OK, this young man has speed, lots of speed.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very aware the coaches know how to evaluate talent, but it does bother me when none of the local schools in the area have offers in, OU OSU might have bigger fish but AR needs all the help they can get like 2 hrs away

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get at RB, reminds me of Otis Anderson in a way. Good get, like him a lot. Think his recruitment is likely to blow up during his senior year.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma just landed that RB that was friends with Bookie the pledger so they maybe slow playing him Okie lite I have know idea what the man with the mullet is up to. I am guessing his stock will go up after the commitment to Thee Nebraska University. Also after his senior season

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Duggan will announce in the next week, possibly tomorrow.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Duggan will announce in the next week, possibly tomorrow.

Think both have moved on, would be surprised if it's Nebraska at this point. I don't think they like his speed as much as they thought they would

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think that we are in better shape then folks realize. I think we will ride the tide with Gebbia and then have a real fight next year with Vedral and Martinez and Gebbia. I don't expect Martinez to see the field for atleast 3 years. This year IMO it will be Gebbia, Next year is Vedral, season after that its Martinez time to shine. unless Vedral stays for his senior season then Martinez wont see the field for a while.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost ain't afraid to start Martinez if he is the best mentally and athletically. It's not like Gebbia has experience in Frost's system or even playing in from of 90,000 for that matter. He knows expectations are low this season as well.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. My biggest thing is I don't think you're going to burn Martinez's Redshirt just to have Vedral take it away from him next year

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think someone brought it up previously. But Frost went with a more experienced older guy 2 years ago when taking over UCF and didn't go to Milton until a few games in (? on # of games and I'm too lazy to look). I think he learned from that and if he thinks Martinez is the best option in the future, he'll throw him out there right away. however if Gebbia is better, than he's better and will be out there. Vedral has a huge advantage right now as he was in Frost's offense last year and played in garbage time if my memory is correct. They have talked about him gaining immediate eligibility and it will be real interesting if he gets it.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think someone brought it up previously. But Frost went with a more experienced older guy 2 years ago when taking over UCF and didn't go to Milton until a few games in (? on # of games and I'm too lazy to look). I think he learned from that and if he thinks Martinez is the best option in the future, he'll throw him out there right away. however if Gebbia is better, than he's better and will be out there. Vedral has a huge advantage right now as he was in Frost's offense last year and played in garbage time if my memory is correct. They have talked about him gaining immediate eligibility and it will be real interesting if he gets it.

As of right now, he doesn't have an "older experienced guy." none have taken a snap in a game. They are new to the system, except for Vedral.
My money is on Gebbia. For now.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deerfield Beach, Florida, High School players coming in force for the Spring Game. Let's hope they make it.

Deerfield Beach is north of Ft Lauderdale, which is closer to Miami than Orlando.

No clue if any of those players are any good, but since they are Floridians, chances are they are fast and athletic.

Nebraska was in the Big 12 and tried recruiting Texas. Which worked sort of. That was what the Texans all tell you, that recruiting Texas is the bestest thing in the world. Look at Baylor and A&M on how good those Texas players are with morals.

Nebraska then brings in HWSNBN and does the California West Coast offense. Could recruit, could not coach.
Nebraska then brings in the Bopper and goes back to recruiting Texas for the cast offs. Got nine win seasons out of it.
Nebraska brings in an Oregonian who tried the Calibraska thing, not really sure if they could recruit, but they could not coach.

Nebraska is now trying Florida and competing with the SEC.

Frost gets it though. Use Nebraska kids that bleed Nebraska(eastern colorado, wyoming, the dakotas, western iowa, kansas, missouri), then add accents from the recruiting hubs.
California, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and New Jersey which was the old Nebraska formula. Hopefully, it still works.

Recruiting Out of State Football players is always easier when you are winning.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a nice group coming in for the Spring Game... hopefully it doesn't rain much tomorrow. I don't have much time to put together a list but suffice it to say they will have a pretty good list coming in.