• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Transition Tag Will Not Work On Cousins

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees and Wilson were not spread offense QBs. Cam was, he is up and down. Not top 10 IMO. Alex Smith and Tannehil is middle of the road QB not bad, not great. Mariota, possibilities are there. Kaep is not very good IMO. Funny because my GF just brought him up last due to an article she saw about him. I told her I think he is being black balled by the league but at the sametime I did not think he was very good.

I don't hate the spread, it is great for college and college players. It is not so good for guys who want to be pros. Alex Smith learned to play but look how long it took. Can be done though.

Brees was. I think youre right about Wilson though.

Cam not being top 10 is crazy talk though.

I agree Kaep is definitely being black balled. Wether its not worth dealing with the publicity i guess is up for debate but I think its pretty moronic for some teams to act like he couldnt help them.

For sure its an extra thing to have to learn. But I dont think its what determines your success as a QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees did not play in a spread offense at Purdue. I'll believe you if you can find video of Purdue in a spread offense. He was in the shotgun a lot but not the spread.

Cam was the 17th, 20th, 7th and 28th rated passer the past 4 years. Doesn't look like top 10. I know he adds a running dimension but I stand by what I said.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he does have something else in common with the players you mentioned....Hmmmm......
Did you just make this about color? The only time I thought about color was when I just read your obvious claim. Perhaps therein (what you just did) lies the true problem in these times of racist remarks.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just make this about color? The only time I thought about color was when I just read your obvious claim. Perhaps therein (what you just did) lies the true problem in these times of racist remarks.

*eyes roll out of my head*

At best you made a lazy uneducated comment on a bunch of qbs who happen to be black. You can think I made it about race all you want, if that's what makes you feel better.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees did not play in a spread offense at Purdue. I'll believe you if you can find video of Purdue in a spread offense. He was in the shotgun a lot but not the spread.

Cam was the 17th, 20th, 7th and 28th rated passer the past 4 years. Doesn't look like top 10. I know he adds a running dimension but I stand by what I said.

A quick Google seems to turn up several references to Purdue running a spread with Brees.

Cam rushing stats are notable though and he has had limited weaponry in Carolina. I'll give you he's been a bit up and down though and stand by what I said too lol.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it's obvious that you did with your remark. If it makes you feel better to make it about race because I talked about some black QB's then more power to ya. Seems to be the flavor of the day for some.. BTW, I talked about Mariota in that mix also... didn't realize he was black... hmmmm. Perhaps his great great great granddaddy had a half black wife or something.

My point wasn't so much about QB's that can run but QB's that are less apt to run. They seem to have more overall success. Beside Russell Wilson name me a winning SB QB that is listed as mobile. Not trying to pick a fight... just if I was starting a team I would want a traditional drop back QB... such as a Cousins over a Newton. If their game was reversed in nature than I would take Newton. Don't get me wrong.. I understand racism exist... just not so much when it comes to sports.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it's obvious that you did with your remark. If it makes you feel better to make it about race because I talked about some black QB's then more power to ya. Seems to be the flavor of the day for some.. BTW, I talked about Mariota in that mix also... didn't realize he was black... hmmmm. Perhaps his great great great granddaddy had a half black wife or something.

My point wasn't so much about QB's that can run but QB's that are less apt to run. They seem to have more overall success. Beside Russell Wilson name me a winning SB QB that is listed as mobile. Not trying to pick a fight... just if I was starting a team I would want a traditional drop back QB... such as a Cousins over a Newton. If their game was reversed in nature than I would take Newton. Don't get me wrong.. I understand racism exist... just not so much when it comes to sports.

If you are talking about mobile QBs (& not just run first QBs) there have been several that have won a SB. This list includes Rodgers, Steve Young, Theismann, Staubach & Elway.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about mobile QBs (& not just run first QBs) there have been several that have won a SB. This list includes Rodgers, Steve Young, Theismann, Staubach & Elway.

.......And our own Doug Williams:

In 1977, Williams led the NCAA in several categories, including total yards from scrimmage (3,249), passing yards (3,286), touchdown passes (38), and yards per play (8.6).[2] Williams finished fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting, behind Earl Campbell, Terry Miller, and Ken MacAfee.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taking with QB's though I wouldn't put Williams in that mix... when he won the SB the guy was hoping on one leg. Guess were all looking for a Brady/Montana/ Manning type clone. Least I am. However, I understand the NFL QB is evolving into a more dynamic player though given a few big hits his game becomes one dimensional again and that aspect of his game is only at 70 percent once you take the legs away from the running QB. Least most.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick Google seems to turn up several references to Purdue running a spread with Brees.

Cam rushing stats are notable though and he has had limited weaponry in Carolina. I'll give you he's been a bit up and down though and stand by what I said too lol.

There is a difference between a spread offense and a spread option offense. As you might remember I am 75 and you are 25(?). I watched Brees at Purdue. They did not run the spread option. They did run a wide open offense because of his talents that spread the field with more receivers. These are the kinds of things you will know one day when you are 75. :D

As far as Cam goes I used QB rating to show those rankings. He certainly adds a dimension to the offense that no one else since Michael Vick or before that Steve Young added.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between a spread offense and a spread option offense. As you might remember I am 75 and you are 25(?). I watched Brees at Purdue. They did not run the spread option. They did run a wide open offense because of his talents that spread the field with more receivers. These are the kinds of things you will know one day when you are 75. :D

As far as Cam goes I used QB rating to show those rankings. He certainly adds a dimension to the offense that no one else since Michael Vick or before that Steve Young added.

Lol. I'm not even. I never watched Brees at Purdue. I will say I did know the differences between spread and spread option but thought we were just talking spread. Oh well lol. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around Brees sticking the ball in a RBs stomach while reading the DE and then scampering around past the DE with the ball under his arm. :D