• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Transition Tag Will Not Work On Cousins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither am I, that is why I did the research that I did. I began suspecting that something was up when they failed to sign him long term after the2015 season. Not a big fan of Watson (right now) but, they are building up key offensive positions as if he or another rookie would be in place. I also don't believe that Snyder is a big fan of KS, so trading him there seems a long shot to me. Hmmmm (maybe a new thread) So let me ask, at what point is it taken personally by Kirk in terms of the organization wanting him? A follow to that question, does he t5hen become unwilling to sacrifice himself, knowing that he's determined to move on and save his health by coming up with a Josh Dotson type situation?

I think he already takes it personal. Because we all know if the chosen one had put up the Stats Kirk did over the last two years, Dan would have set the market for QBs. And Kirks Agent probably reminds him of that daily.

I dont think Kirk pulls up lame because he wants to get paid, and deep down I think he wants to show Dan and Bruce up. So he wont play injured. But I wouldnt put it past him to put up a statistically undeniable season while also leaving the team in a shitty position as far as wins and losses. Point shaving has been around for a very long time. I dont put it past him to boost the hell out of his stats, but throw the team under the bus just enough to get the hell out of dodge and leave behind a 7-9 record on his way out the door.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahomes may not be as sexy a name but he's a way more exciting player with way more upside.

Agree Watson would probably be Snyders choice though. *sigh*

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Mahomes upside?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Mahomes upside?

Like as a player comp? Not sure. But he has the arm talent, size, and mobility to be very good. Of course plenty of players with arm talent, size, and mobility have busted before and he's certainly no sure thing. But damn does he have some impressive plays.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played my Mountaineers in the Big 12 so I seen him play and he is pretty good

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has great arm and he is athletic. He also holds the ball to long, he has poor footwork when setting up to pass and comes outs out of an option offense comparable to what Griffin came out of. It doesn't mean he can't succeed but he has a lot of attributes that Griffin had. No doubt he can throw the ball a mile. So could Jeff George.

I prefer a guy like Peterman or maybe even Kaaya that comes from more of a pro style offense.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has great arm and he is athletic. He also holds the ball to long, he has poor footwork when setting up to pass and comes outs out of an option offense comparable to what Griffin came out of. It doesn't mean he can't succeed but he has a lot of attributes that Griffin had. No doubt he can throw the ball a mile. So could Jeff George.

I prefer a guy like Peterman or maybe even Kaaya that comes from more of a pro style offense.

In terms of Mahomes & your 1st paragraph - been there, done that, got the shirt gathering dust in my closet - pass! Why in the hell they would even considering going down that road again is beyond me.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he already takes it personal. Because we all know if the chosen one had put up the Stats Kirk did over the last two years, Dan would have set the market for QBs. And Kirks Agent probably reminds him of that daily.

I dont think Kirk pulls up lame because he wants to get paid, and deep down I think he wants to show Dan and Bruce up. So he wont play injured. But I wouldnt put it past him to put up a statistically undeniable season while also leaving the team in a shitty position as far as wins and losses. Point shaving has been around for a very long time. I dont put it past him to boost the hell out of his stats, but throw the team under the bus just enough to get the hell out of dodge and leave behind a 7-9 record on his way out the door.

No offense, but I think that you are way overthinking this. Not sure if it is to be believed, but one good thing from Allen's interview the other day was him stating that he actually is talking to Cousins at this time & they are laughing at the various media reports about their relationship & - surprise - I actually believe him in this case.

We as fans try to portray this in an emotional manner with Cousins being very angry with the overall situation. With everything that I have seen to date I believe that it is the total opposite. Cousins appears to be very happy at this time (why shouldn't he be) & knows that he is going to make a boatload of cash regardless of what happens. I also believe that he would be very happy to remain in DC assuming that they work out a long term deal. Even if they don't I believe that he will give it his all next season on the tag (which again I hope is not the case).

Try to put yourself in Cousins' shoes. Are you going to be mainly happy or angry knowing that at worst you have @ $60M already & the potential to make significantly more & be competing for some team - whether it is the Redskins or someone else? Cousins also strikes me as a positive guy so I don't think that he spends much time being angry or looking to get back at other people. Also - regardless of how they may have screwed some things up - he basically is in this situation because of opportunities given to him by the Redskins so he can't be too angry at this organization. In this case we just need to wait and see what happens within the next few months. Perhaps they have not taken the best approach thus far, but this situation may work out alright.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I think that you are way overthinking this. Not sure if it is to be believed, but one good thing from Allen's interview the other day was him stating that he actually is talking to Cousins at this time & they are laughing at the various media reports about their relationship & - surprise - I actually believe him in this case.

We as fans try to portray this in an emotional manner with Cousins being very angry with the overall situation. With everything that I have seen to date I believe that it is the total opposite. Cousins appears to be very happy at this time (why shouldn't he be) & knows that he is going to make a boatload of cash regardless of what happens. I also believe that he would be very happy to remain in DC assuming that they work out a long term deal. Even if they don't I believe that he will give it his all next season on the tag (which again I hope is not the case).

Try to put yourself in Cousins' shoes. Are you going to be mainly happy or angry knowing that at worst you have @ $60M already & the potential to make significantly more & be competing for some team - whether it is the Redskins or someone else? Cousins also strikes me as a positive guy so I don't think that he spends much time being angry or looking to get back at other people. Also - regardless of how they may have screwed some things up - he basically is in this situation because of opportunities given to him by the Redskins so he can't be too angry at this organization. In this case we just need to wait and see what happens within the next few months. Perhaps they have not taken the best approach thus far, but this situation may work out alright.

I get the positive spin, but Allens tone and manor tend to rub me the wrong way. And his comments about the Oakland move to Vegas tells me alot about his mind set when it comes to the fans. He honestly believes Raiders fans will have no issue with the team move and will continue to support the team despite the move. Now i tend to think he is right in a majority of the cases, fans will still follow the team. But his callous, almost fuck em they will get over it manor... bothers me.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His footwork isn't good but I've seen several people mention that it actually works. It's kinda like Philip rivers throwing motion. Yea it looks off but hey it works. Which isn't to say he doesn't need work but good luck finding the guy who doesn't. And yea he's not running a pro style offense but there have been way too many successful pros from non pro style offenses for that to be a sticking point.

Finally - yea rg3 sucked and was a huge bust. But if we let that scare us off of ever other high upside qb prospect that's a problem. Sometimes people bust. Sometimes they don't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His footwork isn't good but I've seen several people mention that it actually works. It's kinda like Philip rivers throwing motion. Yea it looks off but hey it works. Which isn't to say he doesn't need work but good luck finding the guy who doesn't. And yea he's not running a pro style offense but there have been way too many successful pros from non pro style offenses for that to be a sticking point.

Finally - yea rg3 sucked and was a huge bust. But if we let that scare us off of ever other high upside qb prospect that's a problem. Sometimes people bust. Sometimes they don't.

IM not against My Homey because of the RG3 like play on the field.. .so long as he doesnt develop into RGMe off the field and in the locker room. Lets be clear, I was against the trade, but I think Griffins failures were not due to physical ability (aside from not being able to stay healthy). His whole thing was his mind set, and a sense of entitlement. Homey dont show that, but then again Bob had us all fooled early on as well.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM not against My Homey because of the RG3 like play on the field.. .so long as he doesnt develop into RGMe off the field and in the locker room. Lets be clear, I was against the trade, but I think Griffins failures were not due to physical ability (aside from not being able to stay healthy). His whole thing was his mind set, and a sense of entitlement. Homey dont show that, but then again Bob had us all fooled early on as well.

Right. Totally agree. Physically you couldn't ask for more. But he didn't think he had to work and improve and thought he was the shit. Plenty of guys who recognize their flaws can learn a pro offense.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins aint going nowhere this year. Next year... bye bye. Don't see em franchising him again. At some point the organization will have to start feeling a little embarrassed about the whole thing. They'll once again low-ball him and he'll hit the open market. Personally, I feel this is his desire anyway.. to leave the Skins. The question today is do we draft a QB for tomorrow. I believe they will in mid rounds... not first three and certainly not in the top two rounds. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Once you let Cousins walk.. you have to win now and not 3 or four years down road. The media blitz and scrutiny if they start sucking while Cousins excels with a new team would be crushing. Kinda seeing them if they let Cousins walk is to play the FA game with more experienced QB's. The over glorified journeymen of the NFL and pray they stay somewhat relevant.

Regarding Watson, I believe they stay away from QB's that have a flare of an RG3 type, as with him. They just never seem to win. I mean you have a great year (Cam) but its just not sustained. Winston, Mariotta, Kap, RG3.. the list of these mobile QB's are endless who all have a burst of greatness then fade. We have a QB that has sustained in Cousins and they're fumbling all over it.

Now, if they were to draft Watson or any other highly rated QB from this draft ill scream at the pick... and then pull a homer and go Grrrrrrrrrrr QB.... but in reality,, it would be the stupidiest move they could make... just sign the guy you have now.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will always be scared of spread option QBs. You'll have to name all the plenty .... I see a couple but not a lot that have been successful. Is it impossible he can learn. Of course not and you can teach anyone an offense. Getting them to read and react quickly is the skill most miss.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins aint going nowhere this year. Next year... bye bye. Don't see em franchising him again. At some point the organization will have to start feeling a little embarrassed about the whole thing. They'll once again low-ball him and he'll hit the open market. Personally, I feel this is his desire anyway.. to leave the Skins. The question today is do we draft a QB for tomorrow. I believe they will in mid rounds... not first three and certainly not in the top two rounds. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Once you let Cousins walk.. you have to win now and not 3 or four years down road. The media blitz and scrutiny if they start sucking while Cousins excels with a new team would be crushing. Kinda seeing them if they let Cousins walk is to play the FA game with more experienced QB's. The over glorified journeymen of the NFL and pray they stay somewhat relevant.

Regarding Watson, I believe they stay away from QB's that have a flare of an RG3 type, as with him. They just never seem to win. I mean you have a great year (Cam) but its just not sustained. Winston, Mariotta, Kap, RG3.. the list of these mobile QB's are endless who all have a burst of greatness then fade. We have a QB that has sustained in Cousins and they're fumbling all over it.

Now, if they were to draft Watson or any other highly rated QB from this draft ill scream at the pick... and then pull a homer and go Grrrrrrrrrrr QB.... but in reality,, it would be the stupidiest move they could make... just sign the guy you have now.

"Mobile" QBs are fine. Theyve been successful and will continue to be. Cam is one of the best QBs in the league. Hes not going anywhere. To say he had just one great year is ridiculous. Yea he had a down year this past year but he has Ted Ginn as his top receiver. Get the dude some help.

As for Mariota - this is an even more ridiculous claim. Hes had an excellent first 2 years in which he has continued improving. He'll likely be a very good QB for a very long time. To say he fits the type of having a burst of greatness then fades is complete BS.

Kap has fallen off a bit but still would be a starter if it werent for all the negative publicity around him. You could do worse.

RG3 busted but...so did a lot of other QBs who werent mobile. Nick Foles fell off after a hot year. Flaccos fallen off. Schaub fell off. This isnt rare.

Also you conveniently left off several other "mobile" QBs. Russell Wilson has been just fine. Hes an excellent QB. Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers who both have pretty decent mobility are both excellent QBs.

Meanwhile you mentioned Jameis Winston who is not a mobile QB at all. Although he does have something else in common with the players you mentioned....Hmmmm......

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always be scared of spread option QBs. You'll have to name all the plenty .... I see a couple but not a lot that have been successful. Is it impossible he can learn. Of course not and you can teach anyone an offense. Getting them to read and react quickly is the skill most miss.

Cam, Brees, Alex Smith, Mariota, Tannehill, Wilson, Kaepernick, and probably others I cant think of. Plus plenty of teams run spread concepts in the NFL now anyways. I really dont think the transition is much to worry about.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees and Wilson were not spread offense QBs. Cam was, he is up and down. Not top 10 IMO. Alex Smith and Tannehil is middle of the road QB not bad, not great. Mariota, possibilities are there. Kaep is not very good IMO. Funny because my GF just brought him up last due to an article she saw about him. I told her I think he is being black balled by the league but at the sametime I did not think he was very good.

I don't hate the spread, it is great for college and college players. It is not so good for guys who want to be pros. Alex Smith learned to play but look how long it took. Can be done though.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the positive spin, but Allens tone and manor tend to rub me the wrong way. And his comments about the Oakland move to Vegas tells me alot about his mind set when it comes to the fans. He honestly believes Raiders fans will have no issue with the team move and will continue to support the team despite the move. Now i tend to think he is right in a majority of the cases, fans will still follow the team. But his callous, almost fuck em they will get over it manor... bothers me.

Oh I get it & I agree w/ you 100% in terms of not liking Allen. However - I am talking about Cousins' take on Allen - not ours. I am sure that many of us have had to work at times for employers that we don't like & who are not good people. However - it doesn't always mean that you hate your job or that you can't be happy w/ everything else in your career including your pay.

Cousins may realize that Snyder & Allen are maybe not great folks & have treated many folks poorly. However - regardless of intentions - it has worked out great for Cousins, and he should be very, very happy no matter how this unfolds. I just hope that the Redskins realize that they better get this thing right & extend Cousins even if they believe that they are overpaying. If they let Cousins go then they will be at an all time low in my book.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they got rid of Cousins & he excelled elsewhere & the Redskins did poorly no doubt Allen would try to shift the blame towards Cousins & others. This is his MO, but he will not say this directly - just via leaks & through other spokespeople. These fools never accept responsibility for anything.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got rid of Cousins & he excelled elsewhere & the Redskins did poorly no doubt Allen would try to shift the blame towards Cousins & others. This is his MO, but he will not say this directly - just via leaks & through other spokespeople. These fools never accept responsibility for anything.

NO doubt if this goes side ways, Bruce has already prepared his Kirk left us no choice but to go in another direction. We are still great friends off the field (where I always win), but his contract demands would have negatively impacted the team for years and we just could not justify making that kind of commitment to him.

Did I forget anything?? Oh yea, and Kirk was secretly taking a Viagra/enzyte cocktail in order to get his wife pregnant, and as we all know.. all performance enhancing drugs are banned in the NFL, we have taken appropriate measures and informed the league.