• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Steelers Season

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of crap we don't need. Throwing shade at the team for making business decisions. I love Ben, but come on now. Not a good way to start the 2018 season. Botching your first round pick and now your vet QB is speaking out about drafting for the future.

Ben Roethlisberger "surprised" the Steelers drafted Mason Rudolph

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Competition fuel for Ben.
Dude has been talking of retirement recently. And has an injury history that he can't outrun forever. Use it on the field, Ben.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yep..The whole retirement comments the last couple of years what does he expect...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'll post this again in here... He has a point about the "how does this help us win now", but the way he worded it sorta screams insecurity. Would have been nice if he kept these comments behind closed doors.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is a HOF qb. There isn't a HOF qb that has played this game that wouldn't have reacted the exact same way. I'm quick to criticize the guy (because I'm a Bengal fan), but I think this is pretty much par for the course for qbs in this situation. Ben has a few more shots at a trophy and this pick likely doesn't do much to help him.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of crap we don't need. Throwing shade at the team for making business decisions. I love Ben, but come on now. Not a good way to start the 2018 season. Botching your first round pick and now your vet QB is speaking out about drafting for the future.

Ben Roethlisberger "surprised" the Steelers drafted Mason Rudolph

How is it you condemn Ben, yet dangle off of bell's nuts for the shit he has done for two Fuckin seasons.......

Go figure.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a point... \/

In all fairness, comparing Bradshaw to Ben is like comparing a Tesla to a Ford Pinto.
Ben's worst season is better than Bradshaw's best season stat wise......
If take Ben in a walker over Bradshaw fresh out of college!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, comparing Bradshaw to Ben is like comparing a Tesla to a Ford Pinto.
Ben's worst season is better than Bradshaw's best season stat wise......
If take Ben in a walker over Bradshaw fresh out of college!!!
Definitely different players from different eras. But the main point was not to pass on an heir apparent when the franchise QB is in the twilight of their career. Hence the remorse over passing on Marino when Bradshaw told the owners he wanted to play 5 more years. Maddox wasn't really the franchise caliber player like Bradshaw was, but the coaches were happy with his production at the time and the team was still a run-first offense. But they didn't want to regret passing on another Marino when Roethlisberger fell into their laps at 11th overall.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely different players from different eras. But the main point was not to pass on an heir apparent when the franchise QB is in the twilight of their career. Hence the remorse over passing on Marino when Bradshaw told the owners he wanted to play 5 more years. Maddox wasn't really the franchise caliber player like Bradshaw was, but the coaches were happy with his production at the time and the team was still a run-first offense. But they didn't want to regret passing on another Marino when Roethlisberger fell into their laps at 11th overall.

I get your point Face.....
What franchise qb is not going to react the way Ben did????
Honestly, I'd be more worried if Ben didn't react the way he did.
But Ben needs to finish out his contract and go from there, I don't think the FO will be making to many offers to him once his contract is up......I hope I'm wrong, but given the recent track record of our FO.....I see Ben getting the short end of the stick.

I hope Rudolph gets time to learn from Ben, would do nothing but benefit the kid.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Marino thing was more about his nose candy habit (rumor or not) Chuck believed it to be true......

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it, Pittsburgh has a thing for passing on great qb's......:lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point Face.....
What franchise qb is not going to react the way Ben did????
Honestly, I'd be more worried if Ben didn't react the way he did.
But Ben needs to finish out his contract and go from there, I don't think the FO will be making to many offers to him once his contract is up......I hope I'm wrong, but given the recent track record of our FO.....I see Ben getting the short end of the stick.

I hope Rudolph gets time to learn from Ben, would do nothing but benefit the kid.
Agreed. Ben had every right to question it. Seemed odd that during the 2017 offseason the FO did everything it could to "win now", and this offseason is more about restocking/retooling.

As always we hope the FO does right by their stars. I hope they let Ben choose his path and do things his way. But if things come to a crossroads and Rudolph is showing enough promise, then it would be time to move on. I hope they extend Ben THIS offseason and get him under contract through 2021. Rudolph's rookie contract is up in 2021. The timing would be perfect.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Ben had every right to question it. Seemed odd that during the 2017 offseason the FO did everything it could to "win now", and this offseason is more about restocking/retooling.

As always we hope the FO does right by their stars. I hope they let Ben choose his path and do things his way. But if things come to a crossroads and Rudolph is showing enough promise, then it would be time to move on. I hope they extend Ben THIS offseason and get him under contract through 2021. Rudolph's rookie contract is up in 2021. The timing would be perfect.

Even with a win now attitude, Pittsburgh has to do something for tomorrow....
Obviously the win now attitude isn't going to beat the drama the queens bring to the team, so you have to start to look for something else. This Bell bullshit is really restricting us from making possibly some key free agent moves, and no one seems to be in a panic on that.....or is this them saying they are concerned and starting to make changes now.

Idk...I'd like to see Ben around as long as possible but the recent path of this team, who the fuck knows.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Competition fuel for Ben.
Dude has been talking of retirement recently. And has an injury history that he can't outrun forever. Use it on the field, Ben.

If Ben gets injured again, how are we supposed to feel confident in our QB situation? I wish these things would stop being told to the media. They do nothing but provide distractions.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yep..The whole retirement comments the last couple of years what does he expect...

He's contemplating retirement, comes back and then after the worst game of his career, he sarcastically says "I guess I don't have it in me anymore". You're absolutely right, what does he expect the team to do?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it you condemn Ben, yet dangle off of bell's nuts for the shit he has done for two Fuckin seasons.......

Go figure.

I didn't condemn Ben. I wish what he said was said to the FO, not to a reporter to then possibly twist his words and cause more tension in the locker room. Not the same situation as Bell so can't be compared.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole opinion is these kinds of things seem to keep happening with this team. Guys speaking out to reporters and the media and not keeping the shit where it should be which is in house. Doesn't help us at all. I get where Ben is coming from, but what does it help telling a reporter that the team didn't do enough to win now?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't condemn Ben. I wish what he said was said to the FO, not to a reporter to then possibly twist his words and cause more tension in the locker room. Not the same situation as Bell so can't be compared.

Oh, must of mistaken your bullshit "this is the crap we don't need" with your bullshit of "pay the man whatever he wants, he deserves it"

I sure would never think to confuse those two bullshit lines.......:rolleyes2: