Discussion in 'NASCAR Forum' started by jeffro151, Jul 26, 2017.
NASCAR changes Damaged Vehicle Policy that ended Matt Kenseth's playoff run last year
We have racing this eekend
Huh what? Qualifying is racing?
Only 40 cars entered for Daytona 500
The Clash at Daytona is tomorrow afternoon. 75 lap shootout between about 20 drivers
40 cars huh? Nobody has any money except the corporate owned teams and the rest are piecing it together race-by-race. This dog and pony show continues with that idiot/buffoon Brian dumbass France running this cluster eff-job!!
Yea, it is the beginning of speed week and there are events all week long culminating in the 500 on Sunday.
Not only that, some of those 36 charter teams only have funding for partial schedules as of right now.
Not sure how much Nascar I'll watch with my boy Junior gone. I already stopped watching certain races last year. This year will be the same.
Maybe I should adopt Alex Bowman as my favorite driver since he's replacing my favorite driver?
Bowman and Hamlin on the front row for the 500
If the Camaro's are really that unstable when they receive a big push, then the 500 is going to suck.
Looks like the Camaro's are pretty fragile as in if you get close to the rear quarter panel or even the rear bumper on either side, the car gets real loose and spins out. Witness Jamie MacMurray and Kurt Busch in the Clash race yesterday. Can be witnessed on the NASCAR homepage.
That's what I did last year when Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards retired.
Everything I read said the clash was pretty boring
went to qualifying and clash
was ok. 2nd half of clash was just absolutely awful
I know it was just qualifying and clash but place was a ghost town. it is so sad how far everything has fallen. 40 entries. just enough to cover field. 20 cars for each duel race. I guess it' a good thing points are available for those races otherwise they are essentially pointless to run now that everyone is in the race regardless
also the souvenir trailers. there' like 10 total now if that. most teams have just one trailer. it's sad that the cup champion doesn't even have his own trailer. I remember going to Daytona in 2006 for July race and in the midway section there would almost be a souvenir trailer for every driver. my how times have changed.
....and on top of that, not a single trailer had any 2018 diecast. pretty hilarious. I was told maybe Thursday they will get them in. ha
Nobody has any money and corporations have discovered that the buffoon known as Brian France has such a piss-poor product that the return on investment just isn't worth all of the expense of additional trailers and sech.
This dog and pony show is in a death spiral because Brian France is dumber than a bag of hammers and has been bought royally to the point of destroying a very noble sport that a visionary and some southerners started many moons ago.
This is because they no longer allow team or independent dealers, at least not on site. All souvenirs are actually sold by one company that is contracted to NASCAR itself. They cut way back on haulers and instead just have some mall type area set up at the tracks. They also have way less stuff.
only 36 cars on the entry list for Atlanta
the times they are a changin.....
Seems like the fat lady is starting to hum with only the chartered teams showing up now. And the 23's fate is pretty much week-to-week at this point.
The rain has things on hold at Atlanta. We shall have to wait to run this one under the lights or maybe tomorrow if it gets too late.
Separate names with a comma.