• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 schedules

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is cheap but mouths can write some pretty expensive checks.

Nobody's ever accused me of writing expensive checks ... just a fan hoping for the best ... and an ohio state beatdown. You are right talk is cheap ... in the end, it win or pray for next year ... I'm kinda praying for next year.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we do get LSU as the rotating West division opponent this year, and still Auburn as well (obviously)...which is probably even harder. Just doesn't look as hard because it's a conference opponent, that people just expect us to play.

The conference slate might be tougher than most years, but I prefer that we play at least 2 P5 OOC opponents every year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference slate might be tougher than most years, but I prefer that we play at least 2 P5 OOC opponents every year.
I think most fans do. But HCs, ADs or both don't agree with the fans in most cases it seems.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most fans do. But HCs, ADs or both don't agree with the fans in most cases it seems.

We do most every year. There's only been a couple times that I can recall that we haven't, we even played 3 P5 OOC opponents in 2009. 2018 is one of the few times that we don't, and it sucks that instead of Notre Dame, we get to look forward to a matchup against MTSU.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule is a little soft this year. We play 2 P5 OOC teams most seasons, for some reason, we don't this season.

Austin Peay
@South Carolina
Middle Tennessee St
@Missouri
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
@LSU
Florida(in Jacksonville)
@Kentucky
Auburn
UMASS
Georgia Tech

Damn! All I see is LSU and Auburn. Welcome to the play offs, brother!

:suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! All I see is LSU and Auburn. Welcome to the play offs, brother!

:suds:

Probably gonna have to get over that Bama hump, but I like our chances.

Probably for the best to have a really soft first few weeks of the season. Gonna be a lot of new starters on defense. They're talented, but I'm expecting it to take a few games for them to gel.

But I think we're gonna have the best o-line we've had in my lifetime this year, and I see the o-line being a huge strength for the next few years.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably gonna have to get over that Bama hump, but I like our chances.

Probably for the best to have a really soft first few weeks of the season. Gonna be a lot of new starters on defense. They're talented, but I'm expecting it to take a few games for them to gel.

But I think we're gonna have the best o-line we've had in my lifetime this year, and I see the o-line being a huge strength for the next few years.
The OL is probably the most under rated group on the field. We still haven't mastered that. We have had a good OL the last few years, but nothing great and it shows. There's a lot to be said for that part of the game.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is probably the most under rated group on the field. We still haven't mastered that. We have had a good OL the last few years, but nothing great and it shows. There's a lot to be said for that part of the game.

Hiring Sam Pittman was the best thing Kirby did when he came over. The dude kills it on the recruiting trail, and he had an undersized, and unproven o-line playing way above their heads last season. He's gonna have some highly recruited hosses at his disposal now.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me assist in the Scheduling debate.

First by Power5 League

The Big12 will play 36.7% of their OOC games against a team from another P5 league/Notre Dame
11 out of 30. Only one school will play 2 games against other P5 teams (Texas). One school
won't play any. (Okla State). 26.7% of their OOC games will be played vs 1-AA's. Everybody
will play 1 EXCEPT for Oklahoma and Texas who don't play any.

The ACC will play 33.9% of their OOC games against a team from another P5 league/Notre Dame
19 out of 56. FIVE schools will play 2 games against other P5 teams (Fla St, Clemson, Duke, Pitt
and Louisville). The other 9 schools play one. (The ACC is the only P5 league that has all their
teams play at least one game) 25% of their OOC games will be played vs 1-AA's. (The same %
as the Pac12). Everybody plays 1.

The Big10 will play 33.3% of their OOC games against a team from another P5 league/Notre Dame
14 out of 42. Three schools will play 2 games against other P5 teams (Ohio State, Northwestern and
Purdue. 3 schools won't play any. (Minnesota, Illinois and...you guessed it...Wisconsin) 0.05% of their OOC games will be played vs 1-AA's. Only Iowa and Illinois will play a 1-AA. (The Illni should play 5)

The PAC12 will play 25% of their OOC games against a team from another P5 league/Notre Dame
9 out of 36. Only USC will play 2 games against other P5 teams/Notre Dame. 4 teams won't play
any. (Oregon, Washington St, Utah and Arizona. Arizona, btw, is the only P5 team to have never
scheduled a regular season game in the 5-year history, including 2018, of the Playoff system).
25% of their OOC games will be played vs 1-AA's. 3 schools won't play any (USC, UCLA and Az St)
Everybody else will play one. [Note: For those that count Oreg State as a 1-AA the pct changes to 50%]

The SEC will play 23.2% of their OOC games against a team from another P5 league/Notre Dame
13 out of 56. No school will play more than one (God Forbid) and one school, Arkansas won't play
any. (I don't blame them). 26.8% of their OOC games will be played vs 1-AA's. Every school will
play one with ONE EXCEPTION...Florida. They will play TWO. They obviously didn't get the memo
three years ago that Idaho returns to 1-AA in 2018 as a full member of the Big Sky Conf. However,
before y'all get your hopes up in G-ville of returning to the Camelia Bowl, remember you MUST
have 5 wins vs FBS schools to be Bowl Eligible. Maybe in 2019 or 2020, depending on how the
single wing works out for ya.

Hopefully this settles some of the debates.

Wrong

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was watching Baker Mayfield at OU this year...but their O-line was damned good IMHO.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer that as well. I'm just sayin' that the overall strength isn't as much lower as it would appear based only off the OOC schedule.