• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Schedule Announced

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike this season, there are no four-city road trips for the Mariners. That’s due to the fact that the Mariners will play the National League West in interleague play. The Diamondbacks will be the Mariners “natural rival” this season. That will rotate to the Padres next season.

Good to hear we won't be able to blame the schedule.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be "baseball guy" but I don't like baseball starting in March. I really think the logic behind it is flawed with if you start it earlier you can give the players more days off, yet still have the WS possibly going into November. Start the season on time, go old school with either a Saturday or Sunday doubleheader which gives every player more off days. Quit acting as though these players take commercial flights and stay at Motel 6's.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be "baseball guy" but I don't like baseball starting in March. I really think the logic behind it is flawed with if you start it earlier you can give the players more days off, yet still have the WS possibly going into November. Start the season on time, go old school with either a Saturday or Sunday doubleheader which gives every player more off days. Quit acting as though these players take commercial flights and stay at Motel 6's.

Also eliminate interleague play. Either go back to the old way and only play your league or open it all up and play all teams in MLB equally except play more games vs teams in your division. Or just get rid of divisions. Just have two 16 team divisions with top 3 in the playoffs and 4 vs 5 for one game playoff like current wildcard.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also eliminate interleague play. Either go back to the old way and only play your league or open it all up and play all teams in MLB equally except play more games vs teams in your division. Or just get rid of divisions. Just have two 16 team divisions with top 3 in the playoffs and 4 vs 5 for one game playoff like current wildcard.

Ya, kind of agree with interleaved has run it's course. Unless they switch it to where in the AL parks pitchers hit and NL they use the DH the novelty has kind of worn off to me at least.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to eliminate the interleague play, they'd have to add one more team in both the AL and NL. Otherwise, there's ALWAYS someone playing interleague, even if it's just one AL team vs. one NL team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to eliminate the interleague play, they'd have to add one more team in both the AL and NL. Otherwise, there's ALWAYS someone playing interleague, even if it's just one AL team vs. one NL team.

Not sure about that. I think we had it for years long before interleague play and it worked just fine.

I don't like it because of the DH rule for one. Not fair to AL teams at all and no dis advantages for the NL either place.

And with wildcard being so big now, they need to equal out the schedules in both leagues. If you play more division games, then the teams in the weaker division has the advantage in the wildcard.