• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Pirates

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest problems are Smoker and Neveranoutus.

They have combined for 1 strikeout in 8.2 innings, I know its a small sample size, but that is terrible esp for bullpen guys.

At least the other ones have shown the ability to strike someone out.

Well, if they get more innings out of their starters, they will not have use those guys as much. That's the key.

If a club is using more than two or three of its relievers on regular basis, it has issues.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Rodriguez and Kyle Crick have been called up. Holmes and Smoker to Indy.

Also, 9-3. :-)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-4

Today's was a weird one, but it was a win. I'll take it.

Good work by Jamo to battle through the small zone and not his best stuff to give them six scoreless, and then the back of the bullpen came through with three scoreless under pressure, which is definitely encouraging.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-4, and a successful road trip. The bats came back alive today, and Nova was quite good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the McCutchen trade opened the door for the Dickerson trade, that is looking like a steal of a trade. He is fa at the end of the season, and he isnt going to get the cash he thought, the Giants wont even think about giving him a QO.

A+, even is Cutch has better numbers at the end of the year than Dickerson(and I wouldnt take that bet)

The Cole trade will take a while to pan out. Moran and Feliz are looking like a couple good pieces, and 2 other pieces are getting healthy/ not ready.

incomplete

Its all on our starting pitchers, just like every other team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the McCutchen trade opened the door for the Dickerson trade, that is looking like a steal of a trade. He is fa at the end of the season, and he isnt going to get the cash he thought, the Giants wont even think about giving him a QO.

A+, even is Cutch has better numbers at the end of the year than Dickerson(and I wouldnt take that bet)

The Cole trade will take a while to pan out. Moran and Feliz are looking like a couple good pieces, and 2 other pieces are getting healthy/ not ready.

incomplete

Its all on our starting pitchers, just like every other team.

I love watching Colin Moran hit. He was just a little off in Miami, but his at bats were still very strong, even if the results weren't there. It's not often you feel pretty good about your seventh hitter coming up with runners in scoring position, and that's exactly how I feel with Moran up there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison out 6 weeks with a broken hand--the same bone he broke at the end of last season.

I'm hoping Moroff gets the starts at second, but it'll likely be stone-hands Frazier or Three True Outcomes S-Rod.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison out 6 weeks with a broken hand--the same bone he broke at the end of last season.

I'm hoping Moroff gets the starts at second, but it'll likely be stone-hands Frazier or Three True Outcomes S-Rod.

Pittsburgh Pirates 2018

This site(a pretty good one since pirateprospects paywalled their roster stuff) already has Max on the team. No idea if its a guess cause I cant see announcement anywhere.

In other news, Neveranout got optioned to AAA and Enny Romero takes his spot in the bp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Pirates 2018

This site(a pretty good one since pirateprospects paywalled their roster stuff) already has Max on the team. No idea if its a guess cause I cant see announcement anywhere.

In other news, Neveranout got optioned to AAA and Enny Romero takes his spot in the bp

Moroff with the big club is official.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench brings the bats to avoid the sweep. 12-6

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just good to see the starters beginning to consistently go six innings.

A team needs that compete.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. Now this is the Pirates we all knew that is returning to their losing ways. Can't hit, making errors and Brault needs to go right down to the minors and Osuna should be at least be brought up.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. Now this is the Pirates we all knew that is returning to their losing ways. Can't hit, making errors and Brault needs to go right down to the minors and Osuna should be at least be brought up.

Yep,. it was fun while it lasted. 1-5 in last 6 say they are back to reality.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polanco is basically the new Pedro Alvarez. He can carry an offense for stretches, but is completely useless in the stretches in between, struggling to even get the ball out of the infield.

Bell has been disappointing as well.

Overall, it's still too early to really make any broad assessments, though there are a lot of areas of concern emerging.

The rotation could turn out decently, though much will depend on whether Williams can keep pitching well.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting the Bucs to do very well facing one of the Moneybags teams this weekend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polanco is basically the new Pedro Alvarez. He can carry an offense for stretches, but is completely useless in the stretches in between, struggling to even get the ball out of the infield.

Bell has been disappointing as well.

Overall, it's still too early to really make any broad assessments, though there are a lot of areas of concern emerging.

The rotation could turn out decently, though much will depend on whether Williams can keep pitching well.

Bell had a rough stretch for a couple games, but the last few before his day off he was hitting the ball hard into gloves.

They had two (arguably three) hard-luck games in Philly. The second, in particular, they were hitting the ball very hard, and had two would-be home runs knocked down by the wind and several lineouts with runners in scoring position.

They pitched very well for the most part against a legitimately good lineup, though. And they got some good swings on an excellent starting pitching staff, even if it didn't work out.

Polanco's about to get hot again. He's breaking some of the bad habits that led to his slump. Now he just needs the results. Bell's also about to heat back up. Moran, too, has been taking good at bats and putting good swings on balls, but hitting them to gloves.

It'll turn around, hopefully starting tomorrow. The team isn't going to win the division, but I fully expect them to hover around the wild card race right up until the end.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson and Moran have been better than I expected. As for Bell and Polanco really luck hasn't been on their side. The strikeouts need to be lowered but anymore no one seems to care about them in a negative manner.

The starting pitching goes as Taillon goes, two bad starts in a row but he should turn it around.
I am not sold on Williams as of yet, doesn't seem like there is enough movement on his pitches?

With that if they are still contending in a month or two they will have to address the bullpen. Nothing they seem to throw out is sticking (maybe Crick?)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson and Moran have been better than I expected. As for Bell and Polanco really luck hasn't been on their side. The strikeouts need to be lowered but anymore no one seems to care about them in a negative manner.

The starting pitching goes as Taillon goes, two bad starts in a row but he should turn it around.
I am not sold on Williams as of yet, doesn't seem like there is enough movement on his pitches?

With that if they are still contending in a month or two they will have to address the bullpen. Nothing they seem to throw out is sticking (maybe Crick?)

That Dickerson trade was an absolute steal. Its weird how power corner guys value has fell off the table, unless they bring above average defense with it. Cant wait to see the video of his walkoff later :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Kang got a Visa.

This should be interesting if nothing else.