• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 OTA's an beyond...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're part of it, too. You don't have to accept notifications from 247. You don't have to watch BST. You don't have to listen to the radio talk shows. If you're going to keep consuming content, they're going to keep manufacturing content.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a betting man I'd wager cd typed "of" instead of "or" by mistake. The f being right above the r and all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, you're part of this. You work for 147 and everyday, I get a new release about at least one Patriot from 247. The media is so determined to be 1st with any news, that they no longer vett their sources, they just put it out there. Like the media, why does Edelman have to prove anything? Just sue thew NFL and make them prove their innocence, sorta like Edelman has to do. The patriot hate is so prevelant in this country that anything even sighs that is negative and involves the Patriots or it's players is orgasmic for any non-Patriot fan.

As far as lawyers go, the Boston radio stations until recently had Michael McMann, Professor of Sports law at UNH who was readily available. Sports Illustrated signed him as their in house sports legal expert and he can't be on the radio because SI can't be recognized constantly. He does appear on Boston Sports Tonight quite often and SI is blow him on the screen throughout.
The radio stations have found reliable, smart people who can comment about the legal aspect of things and will stand behind their comments. And where did you get your law degree that places you on a higher level of law expertise than these lawyers?? Second question, What is the "Truth of Reality?" Is there a reality that is false??

You are asking the NFL to do what is backwards from what the courts require. It is not a matter of them proving their innocence it is up to the prosecution side to prove their guilt. The whole innocent until proven guilty thing plays a big part in the court systems. So unless Edelman has proof that the NFL released this information about his suspension breaking the CBA then he has no case. He would need physical evidence to have a case. The leak could have just as easily come from his camp to get it put out there that he was suspended for a substance that is unknown at this time to try and get public pressure on the NFL to drop his suspension. It could have just as easily come from somebody inside the Patriots facility as they would have known of this going on. So again it is on Edelman and his people to prove guilt.

And by "Truth of reality" what I mean is the idea that Edelman could sue for $1 billion is ridiculous. A judge would laugh that out of the building for something like this. If he can prove the NFL deliberately did this and cause him defamation of character and so on there is actually a very easy way to calculate what he can sue for.

You start with lost earning capacity. What would Edelman have made if this wasn't released? Well that would be the amount he loses during the suspension plus if he can prove any endorsements decided not to sign with him because of this. Then you factor in punitive damages and assumed damages to the equation.

That would not come close to $1 billion. You are talking maybe $10-20 million at most. See reality is much different than what the lawyers they had on talked about. Lawyers sometimes like to throw out big numbers but in the end if anything were to come of this I would expect nothing more than $20 million against the NFL in such a case.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and Testing facility didn't release any information until after all the news had already broke. At that point there was no reason to cover anything up. So if he is going to go after anyone it would be whoever leaked the info in the first place to the media.

As for what is fake news and not of course NFL teams are going to cover up anything that gets leaked that they can. There is a lot going on behind closed doors that we as fans would be in shock about. I have connections within the Broncos in quite a few places and you would not believe some of the stories I hear from people directly in the situation itself. So while it won't be confirmed by the team I'm sure there is some fire to the whole Belichick and Brady/Gronk/Kraft rift.
The NFL suspended him. Meaning if this turns out not to be a non banned PED. They, the NFL and the testing facility falsely accused JE. He does have a case against them if that's the way this unfolds.

We knw there is some "rift" in NE. Brady pretty much confirmed it by saying families often have spats. RK, BB and TB have been together for 18 years. So no way do they agree on everything. It's all the other fake news that continues to come out I refer to.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and Testing facility didn't release any information until after all the news had already broke. At that point there was no reason to cover anything up. So if he is going to go after anyone it would be whoever leaked the info in the first place to the media.

As for what is fake news and not of course NFL teams are going to cover up anything that gets leaked that they can. There is a lot going on behind closed doors that we as fans would be in shock about. I have connections within the Broncos in quite a few places and you would not believe some of the stories I hear from people directly in the situation itself. So while it won't be confirmed by the team I'm sure there is some fire to the whole Belichick and Brady/Gronk/Kraft rift.

That's where I disagree. I buy the Gronk trade bait story pre-draft. I don't buy the rest.
Note: The Gronk trade pre-draft is confirmed and the rest is refuted.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are asking the NFL to do what is backwards from what the courts require. It is not a matter of them proving their innocence it is up to the prosecution side to prove their guilt. The whole innocent until proven guilty thing plays a big part in the court systems. So unless Edelman has proof that the NFL released this information about his suspension breaking the CBA then he has no case. He would need physical evidence to have a case. The leak could have just as easily come from his camp to get it put out there that he was suspended for a substance that is unknown at this time to try and get public pressure on the NFL to drop his suspension. It could have just as easily come from somebody inside the Patriots facility as they would have known of this going on. So again it is on Edelman and his people to prove guilt.

And by "Truth of reality" what I mean is the idea that Edelman could sue for $1 billion is ridiculous. A judge would laugh that out of the building for something like this. If he can prove the NFL deliberately did this and cause him defamation of character and so on there is actually a very easy way to calculate what he can sue for.

You start with lost earning capacity. What would Edelman have made if this wasn't released? Well that would be the amount he loses during the suspension plus if he can prove any endorsements decided not to sign with him because of this. Then you factor in punitive damages and assumed damages to the equation.

That would not come close to $1 billion. You are talking maybe $10-20 million at most. See reality is much different than what the lawyers they had on talked about. Lawyers sometimes like to throw out big numbers but in the end if anything were to come of this I would expect nothing more than $20 million against the NFL in such a case.

I'm not going to read all that.....