• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 OTA's an beyond...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the facts from Boston Sports Tonight:

Prior to the 2018 NFL Draft, Belichick was talking to the Titans and the 49ers (For Sure) and possibly others about a trade for Gronkowski. Nothing was in stone, but the 49ers appeared to be ready to unload a pile of picks AND a couple of players.

Brady somehow caught wind of it. Brady met with Kraft wand basically said the he would retire if Gronk was traded. Kraft nixed the trade talk.

Like it or not, believe it or not, the fact remains that when Belichick was forced to trade JG, the chasm began to widen. BB got pissed that his authority was being undermined and he wanted Gronk gone to break the wall of power that Brady and Gronk have. BB also has to worry about Josh McDaniel. Kraft talked him into staying with the Patriots rather than going to the Colts. He had to have promised him something, like the Head Coach job when BB decided to call it quits. That and he got the salary that the Colts were going to give him.

Fast Forward to June 9th.............................Belichick has been stripped of the Total Authorian Power. Brady is the Controller. Brady was was really pissed that BB didn't do what was best for the team by holding Malcolm Butler out of the Super Bowl and took that to Kraft. Kraft wouldn't fire BB, but it's rumored that Bill was told that he wasn't ever to let his ego get in the way of winning a game or he was done. Hence wanted to break up the new power triangle of Brady, Gronki and Josh. hat he found out was that Kraft is the Final Authorian Power and he signs the checks on the multi billion dollar Patriots train.

Belichick is still HC, Josh is OC, Brady is the QB and Gronk the TE. Brady and Gronk not attending the Voluntary OTAs was nothing more than them telling Belichick that they know he is no longer the last word and that Kraft listens to his meal ticket and the guy (Brady) who has won 5 of 8 Super Bowls on the field of play.

I don't believe a single word of that.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like, you don't have enough tools??????

AKA weapons on offense. You can never have too many receivers to throw the ball to. Ask Tom Brady how he feels about all the pass catchers he has.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AKA weapons on offense. You can never have too many receivers to throw the ball to. Ask Tom Brady how he feels about all the pass catchers he has.

oh. When you said "tool" I thought you were speaking about yourself.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How important are those weapons when you don't have an OL that can give the QB time to throw to all those weapons? I would go ask Andrew Luck how that worked out. Heck Russell Wilson I would bet would rather they invest in the OL than all those "weapons".

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is, everyone can believe what they want. IMO Gronk was on the trading block, he is no longer. He wants to be in NE. I also believe to some degree that Brady has more to say about this team than many think. I can def see Brady getting pissed at hearing about Gronk and going to Kraft. Maybe in a pissed of state he said he would retire if Gronk was traded and Kraft cleared the air that is was not happening. Then RK talked to BB about it and that was that.

If Brady missing voluntary OTA's as part of a deal with his family so he can keep playing, then I am more than fine with that. However, him missing OTA's to say "fuck you" to BB, not sure I agree with that, or I think it's right. It's just crazy that a guy who preached for 18 years about making the most of your opportunities and how important all these camps were, is now missing them after all these "rumors" about him being unhappy with BB comes out...that's all.

With JE going down, glad they didn't trade Gronk.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How important are those weapons when you don't have an OL that can give the QB time to throw to all those weapons? I would go ask Andrew Luck how that worked out. Heck Russell Wilson I would bet would rather they invest in the OL than all those "weapons".
Are we talking about WR weapons on Seattle:scratch: like who? Baldwin? On most any other team he's a #2. Who else do they have? Brandon Marshall:pound:if he makes the team, he'll get some catches and score a handful of TDs but he's no longer a threat.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go to the Grocery Supermarket this morning and decided to see what was in the Boston Herald about the Patriots. Not much, but, Karen Guerigian had a good column about the WRs and the three days they had with Brady. First, she thought Brady was really sharp and appeared to be in as good shape as she could expect. Second, she said that all of WRs had their chances to ca5tch Brady passes and mentioned three.......Hogan, Patterson and Matthews. She was impressed by both Patterson and Matthews and she doesn't think that the Patriots will miss Edelman for the start of the season and stated that outright.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Tom Curran or Mike Giardi at NBC Sports Boston. It was main topic of discussion on Boston Sports Tonight.

Normally I trust Curran but this whole story has taken on a life all its own. Belichick would get hired anywhere in a heartbeat. I simply refuse to believe that Kraft puts Brady over Bill and that Brady is pushing him around. Bill could just leave and go coach elsewhere.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I trust Curran but this whole story has taken on a life all its own. Belichick would get hired anywhere in a heartbeat. I simply refuse to believe that Kraft puts Brady over Bill and that Brady is pushing him around. Bill could just leave and go coach elsewhere.

into the rumor.

Okay, let’s see…

Tom Curran:

Resume your Friday. I am told there is "zero truth" to imminent Gronk trade.

— Tom E. Curran (@tomecurran) June 8, 2018
Jeff Howe:

Rob Gronkowski was never getting traded today, per source. There were no deals in place, no deals to get nixed. It’s a non-story.

— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) June 8, 2018
I can tell you with a high degree of certainty the meeting didn’t happen. https://t.co/9OkclhGuie

Mike Reiss hasn’t posted about this, so here’s a different Mike:

I was just told to stand down everyone. Gronk ain't going anywhere. "No truth" to rumor says someone who knows

— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) June 8, 2018
Bonus round: Scott Zolak:

Just spoke with someone high up in Patriots</a> organization, ashamed by buzz generated on social media & Reddit. Unequivocally 100% no talks of trading <a href="https://twitter.com/RobGronkowski?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">RobGronkowski

— Scott Zolak (@scottzolak) June 8, 2018
This post went up four hours after Tom Curran and Mike Giardi independently denied the rumor. Come on now.

Blindly posting unsubstantiated rumors and then speculating about what they mean is shitty reporting.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
into the rumor.

Okay, let’s see…

Tom Curran:

Resume your Friday. I am told there is "zero truth" to imminent Gronk trade.

— Tom E. Curran (@tomecurran) June 8, 2018
Jeff Howe:

Rob Gronkowski was never getting traded today, per source. There were no deals in place, no deals to get nixed. It’s a non-story.

I can tell you with a high degree of certainty the meeting didn’t happen. https://t.co/9OkclhGuie

Mike Reiss hasn’t posted about this, so here’s a different Mike:

I was just told to stand down everyone. Gronk ain't going anywhere. "No truth" to rumor says someone who knows

— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) June 8, 2018
Bonus round: Scott Zolak:

Just spoke with someone high up in Patriots</a> organization, ashamed by buzz generated on social media & Reddit. Unequivocally 100% no talks of trading <a href="https://twitter.com/RobGronkowski?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">RobGronkowski

— Scott Zolak (@scottzolak) June 8, 2018
This post went up four hours after Tom Curran and Mike Giardi independently denied the rumor. Come on now.

Blindly posting unsubstantiated rumors and then speculating about what they mean is shitty reporting.

Just to be clear I wasn't speaking specifically about Gronk, but was more addressing Bigkens post about it being a fact that Brady and Kraft are basically bitch slapping Belichick and essentially running the team. I don't believe it even a tiny bit. Bill would just leave. See his first press conference as head coach of the Jets for reference on how Bill responds when he's unhappy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick can't "just leave". He has a contract and Kraft would hold him to it.

The biggest problem that many readers have is that they don't read the entire post. Even is they do, they don't take a minute to digest it.

If you go back and read what I wrote, it wasn't about anything since April 2018. This was all happening before the NFL Draft on April 28. According to Tom Curran on BST on Thursday June 8, 2018, Brady somehow found out that Belichick was shopping Gronk. He immediately went to Kraft and told him, "If Gronk is traded, I will retire." Kraft nixed any further trade talk.

I don't know if there's any way that one can get BST after it's been on. The show is three hours of sports every Monday thru Friday. Everything that is known or rumored is discussed to the 99th degree from 742 different angles. There often is a point, where it becomes nauseating.