• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Offseason

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they haven't thrown big money at any free agent WRs. Didn't want to throw big money at Robinson.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could take Beadles roster spot as a swing C/G. He definitely can't be any worse than Beadles was last year

Beatles is terrible, I didn't want him on the team last year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they haven't thrown big money at any free agent WRs. Didn't want to throw big money at Robinson.

I image they will draft a guy early rounds two or three.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westburg C/G for 5 years!:) Weston Richburg heading to 49ers on five-year deal Get the sluice box rocking!!
Notice that no one has said how much the deal was for yet. That usually means it's lower than expected. Could be good news.

A contract for 5 years means he isn't being brought in to be a backup. Hopefully, he's the starting center b/c we've needed an upgrade from Kilgore for years.

BIG redflag for this guy though b/c he got a concussion in week 4 lsat year and never returned the rest of the season. That's really bad.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins if the one that should surprise everyone. The man got a 16M/year deal. That's top 5 WR money even though the guy has never lived up to expectations. The Chiefs are really gambling with him.

Apparently, we were in a bidding war with the Bears over Robinson, and Robinson chased the money. I don't really blame him. Coming off a major knee injury, this may be his last chance to go for max money. The Bears GM is starting to feel the heat of finishing last in the division every year he's been there, so he has to show some progress this season. Particularly after $hitting teh bed last year in FA when the Bears paid busts like Glennon and Wheaton.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG redflag for this guy though b/c he got a concussion in week 4 lsat year and never returned the rest of the season. That's really bad.

I've read that he could've came back much earlier, but the Giants said no. Some have speculated he was kept out on purpose, ie a tank job. I haven't scoured the ends of the internet but I haven't read much where this is actually a big concern.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that no one has said how much the deal was for yet. That usually means it's lower than expected. Could be good news.

A contract for 5 years means he isn't being brought in to be a backup. Hopefully, he's the starting center b/c we've needed an upgrade from Kilgore for years.

Actually he was cleared to come back but the Giants had already put him on the IR because the guy that replaced him played well enough, or for some reason.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins if the one that should surprise everyone. The man got a 16M/year deal. That's top 5 WR money even though the guy has never lived up to expectations. The Chiefs are really gambling with him.

Apparently, we were in a bidding war with the Bears over Robinson, and Robinson chased the money. I don't really blame him. Coming off a major knee injury, this may be his last chance to go for max money. The Bears GM is starting to feel the heat of finishing last in the division every year he's been there, so he has to show some progress this season. Particularly after $hitting teh bed last year in FA when the Bears paid busts like Glennon and Wheaton.
Yes. Cant blame him. I just would rather see that kind of money spent elsewhere

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy Nelson was just cut. He’d be a fine WR to land in San Fran. Unfortunately, NE is reportedly the early favorite to get Nelson.

Seattle CB DeShawn Shead is vising the Lions and then he’ll be vising the Niners on Wednesday. Matt M says that is the only kind of CB we’ll sign from here on—a bottom of the roster type DB.

MattM had a few things to say on the Niners and FA:
--we were NEVER in on Andrew Norwell
--we’re not gonna go after Johnson, Butler, or Fuller
--Reid and Hyde are goners

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy Nelson was just cut. He’d be a fine WR to land in San Fran. Unfortunately, NE is reportedly the early favorite to get Nelson.

Seattle CB DeShawn Shead is vising the Lions and then he’ll be vising the Niners on Wednesday. Matt M says that is the only kind of CB we’ll sign from here on—a bottom of the roster type DB.

MattM had a few things to say on the Niners and FA:
--we were NEVER in on Andrew Norwell
--we’re not gonna go after Johnson, Butler, or Fuller
--Reid and Hyde are goners

I didn't believe they would go after a top tier CB after signing Sherman. I didn't expect much more than a CB that could provide depth maybe start if pressed to

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about waiting is watching teams that are pressed against the cap, and still go out and splurge. They are then forced to either rework deals, or outright cut guys....and sometimes those guys would make decent additions.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and, I believe today is the last day that the DA can file charges against Reuben Foster for the DV/gun stupidity. He's getting smoked by the ginger hammer, but this will go a long way to determine just how bad it will get.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would like to see them add another interior linemen in free agency or two in the draft.

Two offensive linement is ok, but i'm for adding one interior linemen and one OT in the draft. Don't see us adding another interior linemen via free agency.

Granted, this OT will likely be a developmental type draft pick, not at 9th overall.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to West
I've read that he could've came back much earlier, but the Giants said no. Some have speculated he was kept out on purpose, ie a tank job. I haven't scoured the ends of the internet but I haven't read much where this is actually a big concern.

It was his first concussion and Richburg claimed he was cleared to play a few weeks after

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and, I believe today is the last day that the DA can file charges against Reuben Foster for the DV/gun stupidity. He's getting smoked by the ginger hammer, but this will go a long way to determine just how bad it will get.

Yes, we were talking about this today at work. You would think if they were going to file charges they would have done so already and not waited till the last minute.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two offensive linement is ok, but i'm for adding one interior linemen and one OT in the draft. Don't see us adding another interior linemen via free agency.

Granted, this OT will likely be a developmental type draft pick, not at 9th overall.

I'm not comfortable with Kilgore or Garnett as the only options at the center of Guard spots. I'm assuming Staley, Richburg, and Brown are three of the five starters.