• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Offseason Thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont know much about that russian d man but if you scout a guy 3 years you are definitely going to give him a legit look in camp. so that being said

the definite stays on play alone
butcher sami mueller

stay on potential and youth
severson santini

stay because they are the captain
greene

the rest? moore lovejoy just move on from them. so where does this russian fit in? where will john carlson fit in?

i can't believe OEL is going to stay in that crap hole arizona what a waste

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah playing with house money with the Russian dude. Best case scenario he cracks the lineup. Otherwise he pushes our other guys and makes them earn their spots or he provides insurance in case we trade some defense.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Evander Kane reupping in San Jose, 7 years $7 million per. Hoping a guy like JVR would come cheaper but that's a pretty steep bar to set.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnnnnnnnnnnnn on Kane info....

Well the Caps finally broke through!

Didn't see the game but did TB lay a turd?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnnnnnnnnnnnn on Kane info....

Well the Caps finally broke through!

Didn't see the game but did TB lay a turd?

No actually, tons of back and forth chances. Holtby, outside of letting up some juicy rebounds, was a beast. Caps D smothered any secondary scoring chances though. Caps just took advantage of mistakes.

It was nice seeing Girardi get burned for the Caps second goal. Glad Rangers 2.0 are out. And NHL has to love this matchup, Tampa Bay-Winnipeg would have been worst case scenario.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No actually, tons of back and forth chances. Holtby, outside of letting up some juicy rebounds, was a beast. Caps D smothered any secondary scoring chances though. Caps just took advantage of mistakes.

It was nice seeing Girardi get burned for the Caps second goal. Glad Rangers 2.0 are out. And NHL has to love this matchup, Tampa Bay-Winnipeg would have been worst case scenario.
Ahhh thank you.

Heading into it, I wasn't sure WSH would have enough, I expected an offensive flurry by TB for gm 7. But ohh boy... Holtby returning to form for WSH, what a difference.

Go Vegas!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nothing gave me more joy then seeing giardi reaction after he let that guy blow past him for the second goal. i hate tampa and all those ranger scum. esp callahan! i remember him scoring that empty net goal in game 5 against the devils with 2 seconds left. like that was really needed? plus it keeps the rangers from getting another first round pick at least this year.

tampa had to win game 6 in dc. yeah they are a really really good team but the caps aren't a scrub team and you let them hang around and it will cost you. holtby is capable of stealing a game and he did just that. tampa didn't even come out for the third period i thought they just packed it in.

i bet the caps beat the knights

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas will have more than a week between games. Rest vs rust there, see if the break cools them off.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we signed John Carlson and JVR for a combined $15 million, yay or nay?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
carlson would be a huge boost. JVR would depend on the contract length.

that was an entertaining finals game. it was the caps game and they blew it. the ice looked brutal too

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is nuts, great action.

The more I think about it, the more I want to overload on D. Trade for a guy like Justin Faulk and sign Carlson. That gives us 3 really solid defense pairings. I also think Severson is the most disposable (aside from Lovejoy). If we could move him I'd do it in a heartbeat, probably have to sweeten the pot, either attach a pick or eat salary.

I think our offensive woes can be somewhat addressed in house. Get healthy seasons out of Palmieri and Mojo and it's a totally different lineup. Plus I anticipate some contributions from our youth (Anderson, McLeod, Quenneville etc). Also, I feel like offensive help is way more readily available at the deadline than defensive help. There's usually a number of quality wingers, while everyone else battles for the select few top 4 defenseman.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
zacha needs to put up or shut up. he is the massive HOLE on this team. he should be a dominate 2C behind nico with palm and mojo on his line. severson is always "untouchable" because of his possible development. just move on with him too he doesn't wow me in many areas.

ideally this summer we bring in a solid forward and 2 solid d men. watching this cup final really makes me want to have more then 1 week of playoff hockey next year. 5 games aren't going to cut it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zacha needs to put up or shut up. he is the massive HOLE on this team. he should be a dominate 2C behind nico with palm and mojo on his line. severson is always "untouchable" because of his possible development. just move on with him too he doesn't wow me in many areas.

ideally this summer we bring in a solid forward and 2 solid d men. watching this cup final really makes me want to have more then 1 week of playoff hockey next year. 5 games aren't going to cut it

If we can unload a contract (Severson) then I think we have more than enough room for 3 quality additions. As it stands now I think we can only afford 2.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this summer offer those quality additions?

Definitely. Next Summer's free agent defenseman are nuts but the free agent class this year is very strong, Carolina has flat out stated they want to blow it up, Ottawa's owner wants to get rid of half the team. There is no shortage of opportunity.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully get someone in here that knows how to run a PP.