• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Offseason Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Wilson hit and suspension?
Vatanen got hit where his head was main point of contact yet nothing. I get Wilson has more of a reputation even in these playoffs.
Inconsistent.

The Kucherov/Vatanen hit was identical to the hit Doughty got a game for in round 1. NHL will protect the Pens

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL lost me since Nico got cupchecked with a stick from Hedman without a fallout....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i never understood all these suspensions in the playoffs. i feel like in the regular season guys get dinged here and there sure but when the playoffs come it almost seems like every other game a guy is getting suspended or a hearing i dont get it. is it because the games are fewer and thus more in the spot light?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

zacha better have a big year this fall. if not then time to dump the guy. sorry but he is a bust right now and if mcloed or anderson can make the team right out of college and juniors then there is noway a top 6 can keep getting ice time if he doesn't produce. he needs 60pts this season

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wonder if Zacha is better suited as a winger? Use his size along the boards, he has more room to work, less pressure.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in terms of who we could fit under the cap, let's say we can afford 2 quality additions, which of these options would you go with?

1) Top tier forward, mid tier forward
2) Top tier forward, mid tier defenseman
3) Top tier defenseman, mid tier defenseman
4) Top tier defenseman, mid tier forward

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in terms of who we could fit under the cap, let's say we can afford 2 quality additions, which of these options would you go with?

I'd go 4 unless 2 involves landing Taveres as the top tier forward

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going with the surprise answer here but I'm going with #2.

We need an upgrade at Defense. It may not have to be at the flashy level but a defender who skates well, knows his assignments, plays high hockey level IQ, good to great condition.

Having a top tier forward is must cuz Taylor needs help. While that be at an upgrade at C or at RW(or LW in 2nd unit). We need someone who can score and brings constant threat and attacking options. I was let down by Pal in the playoffs, really felt he did a lot more of no shows than anything(very shocked by that, thought he'd be the hardest working ones out there).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with the surprise answer here but I'm going with #2.

We need an upgrade at Defense. It may not have to be at the flashy level but a defender who skates well, knows his assignments, plays high hockey level IQ, good to great condition.

Having a top tier forward is must cuz Taylor needs help. While that be at an upgrade at C or at RW(or LW in 2nd unit). We need someone who can score and brings constant threat and attacking options. I was let down by Pal in the playoffs, really felt he did a lot more of no shows than anything(very shocked by that, thought he'd be the hardest working ones out there).

Sort of agree. We need our guys to take those next steps on D. Severson, Butcher and Mueller all need to progress and get the consistency they currently lack. But we need at least one more top 4 guy.

Offensively though if you add a star you can roll 2, essentially top lines.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#2 or 4 depending on who is available. Mid-season I would have said to go all in on defense, but the last few weeks exposed a need for another skilled forward.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The hidden downside of a Vegas Stanley Cup win

good read and i think if vegas does win the cup there will be a lot of fans in vegas thinking this should happen every year. where will they be when the team misses the playoffs 3 years in a row?

as for this summer it would really really be nice if the devils landed JT. it would make zacha pointless (which he is already) and maybe package him and something else and then upgrade the defense? maybe OEL? and sign john carlsson. hey a guy can dream can't he! having JT NICO TRAVIS MCLOED down the middle is super enticing. having a defense with OEL AND CARLSON? with butcher and severson and vatenan. thats huuuuuuuuuuuuge. the devils picked a great season to make the playoffs and give the owners a little taste of "free money" from the playoff games.

i will say though one area of huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge concern for me is net. cory just keeps getting hurt and hurt and hurt. who's to say he doesn't get hurt next year?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavares would be ideal but more realistically we probably go with one of the wingers (since all of our prospect depth is at center). JVR or Kane would look pretty good on the second line. Kane would also bring some much needed size and physicality.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Tavares reups with the Isles, keep in mind him and Taylor Hall started training together last summer.

I also think Evander Kane may have found his spot in San Jose. Which leaves JVR as the biggest forward option left. He fills a need and is a NJ guy, just not sure I want to throw huge money at him.