• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA playoffs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about how great the 1st round would be in the west, we're likely going to have 3 teams facing elimination in game 4 lol.

To be fair, did anyone see Portland sucking so hard? No fair in hindsight. You kind of knew the Rockets and Dubs would have no problems.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think exactly the opposite.

No FAs are looking at them regardless. An established coach isn't changing that.

I bet Isiah Thomas looks at them. I think they'll be mutual interest on both sides.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT:

I saw J.Cole was trending on Twitter, didn't know why. Turns out his new album dropped which I didn't even know about. :L:L:L

Damn it. The "I'm getting old" phase has begun.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Isiah Thomas looks at them. I think they'll be mutual interest on both sides.

Let me rephrase.

No elite free agents.

Anybody they get it will be because they offer more money than anybody else. No established player is picking the Knicks over another team offering a comparable deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT:

I saw J.Cole was trending on Twitter, didn't know why. Turns out his new album dropped which I didn't even know about. :L:L:L

Damn it. The "I'm getting old" phase has begun.

The amount of hip hop that is being released this year is just insane

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, did anyone see Portland sucking so hard? No fair in hindsight. You kind of knew the Rockets and Dubs would have no problems.

What seems pretty clear is that teams that have their 2 best players playing guard will always struggle to succeed in the NBA. Wizards, Blazers and historically the Raptors all have this problem.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What seems pretty clear is that teams that have their 2 best players playing guard will always struggle to succeed in the NBA. Wizards, Blazers and historically the Raptors all have this problem.

They need an inside presence.....like Whiteside

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one that actually plays, but yeah.

off topic, well I got my wish......................I sure hope the transition to a new manager is not as ugly as Man U's

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been mired in dysfunction for so long that I think they need a legit, ESTABLISHED , Coach to combat that idiot of a Owner.

Kenny is not that.

If I'm a free agent, I would give the Knicks a second glance if Jackson or Fiz was there.

Kenny....not so much.
I can see your point, but Jackson DEFINITELY wouldn't be on my list. He might be able to draw up good x's & O's but what does that matter when he struggles with communicating with management? I would imagine they would be looking for stability with their next coach - and Jackson hasn't proven the exact opposite with his combative ways.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your point, but Jackson DEFINITELY wouldn't be on my list. He might be able to draw up good x's & O's but what does that matter when he struggles with communicating with management? I would imagine they would be looking for stability with their next coach - and Jackson hasn't proven the exact opposite with his combative ways.
Yeah, I'm hoping he learned his lesson with that.

Jason Kidd didn't.

So, maybe not.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS. Until last season you could say that for Warriors & they won a title pre-Durant. Ditto for this season's Rockets who could certainly win a title. It is just a matter of the teams that you mentioned needing more talent overall regardless of position.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS. Until last season you could say that for Warriors & they won a title pre-Durant. Ditto for this season's Rockets who could certainly win a title. It is just a matter of the teams that you mentioned needing more talent overall regardless of position.

Agreed

The Blazers have overachieved big time this year. It is catching up to them now.

I will take it a step further though and say that you can't win in the NBA today without outstanding guard play. Look at the teams poised to advance:

Houston
Golden State (Klay + KD has been playing point)
NO (Rondo + Holiday)
Either team that wins OKC vs. Utah

Toronto
Philly (Simmons, Reddick and Bellineli)

I think the reason Cleveland has struggled this year is their guard play. LeBron is running the offense, so you could technically call him a guard because of how he is playing, but they have gotten little production From their perimeter players in the Indiana series outside of LeBron. That will have to change if they want to make it back to the Finals.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors two best players prior to getting KD were Green and Curry.

The Rockets are a better argument. But we haven't seen them win anything yet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree to a point re: Mark Jackson. I think he is exactly what the Knicks need. He's combative enough to tell the owner to go sit in the corner and let him get the shit show turned around. Some guys are good at "fixing" a broken team, but can only get them so far.

He's like an angry version of Del Harris. lol

He may not be a coach that can get a team to the finals, but he is a coach that can change the culture, get a team to buy in defensively, get them to play hard every game and get to the playoffs.

Look at what he did with the Warriors. He couldn't get them to the finals, but he turned them into a team that Kerr was able to come along and get to the finals.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors two best players prior to getting KD were Green and Curry.

The Rockets are a better argument. But we haven't seen them win anything yet.

At best your argument for the Warriors is debatable Pt being that it is not simply a matter of talent primarily being in the back or frontcourt but rather having adequate talent overall. Look at the Wizards- it is not simply a matter of them investing too much in Wall/Beal, It is the mistakes that they have made in building the rest of the team both via the draft and free agency. They have wasted a lot of money on subpar front court players. If instead they had acquired a top flight front court player they could likely compete with at least just about anyone in the East.

Also - speaking of Green - lots of teams would have been a lot better w/ him & really that selection came down to luck more than anything else. If the Warriors believed he was that great they would have made a move to select him earlier.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a birthday, NBA fans....think @mick7-1961 turned 73 or 74 today.....there's party favors, birthday hats, and birthday in tHoop break room.