• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Pop and Kawhi are gonna have a "clear the air" meeting like Pop had with Aldridge pretty soon.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, we hear about that meeting after it happens.

Yeah I'm curious as to how that works out.

Because the Spurs took shots at Kawhi all season long.

Given Kawhi's background, they should've known better. I don't think it'll have the same efficiency as it did with Aldridge, personally. That and you have to factor in the uncle who apparently wants Kawhi in a bigger market.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kawhi wants to go to Los Angeles and just rides out this year in San Antonio. Because you know Pop's not trading him to the Lakers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be the most interesting off season we have had in awhile.

My hope is that 1-2 legitimate challengers emerge for the Warriors, but I am not so sure that happens.

We shall see where LeBron lands and who goes with him.

The league should step in & make the Warriors trade Klay to Boston. Oh yeah, Kawhi would look good in Celtics Green. And to help w/ the low post game the Unibrow should also end up in Boston. Send LeBron out west though. I'm tired, tired, tired of that balding jackass ending Celtics seasons.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely going to be interesting and a roller coaster. Something that hasn't really been brought up much is where Kawhi will be (presumably) traded to. That could have an affect on Lebron's decision.

Apparently, Pop and Kawhi are gonna have a "clear the air" meeting like Pop had with Aldridge pretty soon.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, we hear about that meeting after it happens.

Sounds like they have some relationship issues to work thru and that it isn't a given that they will.

“Kawhi Leonard didn’t necessarily ‘go rogue’, despite all the reports. He was working out with San Antonio staffers during the season and now going into the summer, his rehab has continued. He’s been around. He went to Gregg Popovich‘s wife’s service shortly after the season ended. People close to him, they made it clear he was there. He interacted with Spurs’ officials, with staffers.”

“They’ve got to sit down and sort through all the issues before they can even get to any contractual number. There were a lot of miscommunications that went on during the course of the season they need to catch up on and rehash. They haven’t had a full sit-down yet.

He’s been around at different points since the season ended but they haven’t sat down formally. Until they do, we would just be speculating. They need to get on the same page in a lot of areas.”

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are way over the salary cap.

Could offer him the MLE (which I believe is up to $8 mil). But other than that, yeah, I don't know how they'd get him in Oakland.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are way over the salary cap.
Mid level is a bit under 9 mil.

I think they can give him that over 3-4 years.

I don't think the Rockets will let him go unless it's to get LeBron or George.

If they did, he could probably get signed and traded to OKC.

That's the easiest route to getting paid.

But, I'd probably rather take the mid level from the Champs......

Reactions: LAD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid level is a bit under 9 mil.

I think they can give him that over 3-4 years.

I don't think the Rockets will let him go unless it's to get LeBron or George.

If they did, he could probably get signed and traded to OKC.

That's the easiest route to getting paid.

But, I'd probably rather take the mid level from the Champs......

I figured they would go for Ariza and Mbah A Moute trying to get one of the two. For one, they desperately need wings, especially with Iggy being old. And the other, losing one (and this is mostly just for Ariza) hurts their biggest rival some. I'd definitely pitch Ariza on that MLE and go all out. He'd be a perfect fit for them. But Mbah A Moute would be a decent and cheaper (split the full) MLE between him and someone else consolation prize. He can still defend pretty well and has decent 3 point shot.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they would go for Ariza and Mbah A Moute trying to get one of the two. For one, they desperately need wings, especially with Iggy being old. And the other, losing one (and this is mostly just for Ariza) hurts their biggest rival some. I'd definitely pitch Ariza on that MLE and go all out. He'd be a perfect fit for them. But Mbah A Moute would be a decent and cheaper (split the full) MLE between him and someone else consolation prize. He can still defend pretty well and has decent 3 point shot.
Yeah, Luc would be great pick up too.