• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubtful. what you see is what you get...

'sides, fans like that are the main reason NON-Lakers fans wanted us to STAY down...

Oh, I know you'll stay consistent. It's going to be interesting though watching the Lakers win more, but that Lebron's part of it. I'll always understand your pain though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cube ever makes another Friday movie, he needs to bring back Smokey! Epps character was weak in comparison.
It would probably be better to not make any more. Most comedy sequels suck (Friday, Anchorman, Zoolander, Austin Powers, Dumb and Dumber, you get the picture)

They suck because comedy is about the unexpected and the new. Once you know the schtick it's really hard to make it funny over and over.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably be better to not make any more. Most comedy sequels suck (Friday, Anchorman, Zoolander, Austin Powers, Dumb and Dumber, you get the picture)

They suck because comedy is about the unexpected and the new. Once you know the schtick it's really hard to make it funny over and over.

I liked the Carrey sequel of Dumb & Dumber (and most of the Fridays and Austin Powers flicks). Hollywood only knows how to adapt foreign movies and make sequels/reboots. Very few original ideas make to mainstream theaters.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Carrey sequel of Dumb & Dumber (and most of the Fridays and Austin Powers flicks). Hollywood only knows how to adapt foreign movies and make sequels/reboots. Very few original ideas make to mainstream theaters.
Even Jim Carrey's mom didn't like the Dumb and Dumber sequel LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the gift that keeps on giving.....

LaVar's latest boast: In prime, I'd beat LeBron

LaVar Ball made headlines last year when he said that he could have beaten Michael Jordan one-on-one back in his playing days. Now the braggadocious basketball dad is making the same claim about his son's new teammate: LeBron James.

In a recent interview with Fanatics View, Ball said he would have been able to beat James because the four-time NBA MVP is "too weak."

"[James is] too weak," Ball, 50, said during the interview, which was published last Thursday. "Back in my heyday, can't nobody hold me. 270 (pounds), benching 500? All I gotta do is back you in, I'll lift all of them up off their feet."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LaVar Ball made headlines last year when he said that he could have beaten Michael Jordan one-on-one back in his playing days. Now the braggadocious basketball dad is making the same claim about his son's new teammate: LeBron James.

In a recent interview with Fanatics View, Ball said he would have been able to beat James because the four-time NBA MVP is "too weak."

"[James is] too weak," Ball, 50, said during the interview, which was published last Thursday. "Back in my heyday, can't nobody hold me. 270 (pounds), benching 500? All I gotta do is back you in, I'll lift all of them up off their feet."

Ball was so great at basketball, it's inspiring how he chose to forgo his NBA dreams and do.........well, whatever the hell he does.

I mean if you can beat Lebron and MJ one-on-one, you'd think those skills would translate to the NBA.

Also, I don't think Ball, in his heyday would bully Lebron on t he court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside likely to remain with Heat

some news you should be happy about @TurnUpTheHeat --- doesnt look like Blancote is going aynwhere...

Several prominent members of the Heat want to move on from Whiteside, but the franchise understands his trade value is heavily diminished and won’t move him for clutter. Whiteside is owed $24.4 million and $27.1 million in the final two years of his contract.

The 29-year-old totaled just 26 points, 30 rebounds and six blocks in the five-game playoff series against the Philadelphia 76ers. The disgruntled big man was very vocal about his lack of playing time in the postseason and how head coach Erik Spoelstra did not use him properly when he was on the floor.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some news you should be happy about @TurnUpTheHeat --- doesnt look like Blancote is going aynwhere...

Several prominent members of the Heat want to move on from Whiteside, but the franchise understands his trade value is heavily diminished and won’t move him for clutter. Whiteside is owed $24.4 million and $27.1 million in the final two years of his contract.

The 29-year-old totaled just 26 points, 30 rebounds and six blocks in the five-game playoff series against the Philadelphia 76ers. The disgruntled big man was very vocal about his lack of playing time in the postseason and how head coach Erik Spoelstra did not use him properly when he was on the floor.

I'm at this point moving on from Whiteside.

All the points in the South Florida media is fluff.

I think the Heat should just ride out the next 2 years with Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.

The only thing that turns me around on Whiteside is if the Heat win over 50 games and Whiteside's in the top 5 for MVP voting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a bad year filled with injuries.....It happpens.

If he can have a season like he had in 2015-2016 or 2016-2017 then I don't think anyone would be upset.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at this point moving on from Whiteside.

All the points in the South Florida media is fluff.

I think the Heat should just ride out the next 2 years with Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.

The only thing that turns me around on Whiteside is if the Heat win over 50 games and Whiteside's in the top 5 for MVP voting.
its just so hard to build with a player with his skillset.

Lets put the fact that he is an assclown aside for a moment and assume he is a boy scout.

If you have a center that thrives at rebounding, blocking shots, and staying under the basket, but is a huge liability in the pick and roll, and cant shoot and cant pass, you need to build your whole team around a guy like that to make it work.

You need to play a certain style of basketball to make it work. You need to be more inside-out. You need to have shooters around him. You have to give him post touches and allow him to try and get the opposing big man in foul trouble etc. You need to play more half-court ball. You need to funnel guys into the lane and run through pick and rolls instead of switch them. So many of these things are antithetical to todays game.

With how the game is now set up, and with how inefficient post-games are now in the NBA- it just makes very very little sense to construct a team like this unless your guy is an absolute monster of a player and is a guy that other teammates see as a leader.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just so hard to build with a player with his skillset.

Lets put the fact that he is an assclown aside for a moment and assume he is a boy scout.

If you have a center that thrives at rebounding, blocking shots, and staying under the basket, but is a huge liability in the pick and roll, and cant shoot and cant pass, you need to build your whole team around a guy like that to make it work.

You need to play a certain style of basketball to make it work. You need to be more inside-out. You need to have shooters around him. You have to give him post touches and allow him to try and get the opposing big man in foul trouble etc. You need to play more half-court ball. You need to funnel guys into the lane and run through pick and rolls instead of switch them. So many of these things are antithetical to todays game.

With how the game is now set up, and with how inefficient post-games are now in the NBA- it just makes very very little sense to construct a team like this unless your guy is an absolute monster of a player and is a guy that other teammates see as a leader.

Which is why I'm fine with Olynk and Bam (whom needs to improve on his shooting) as the 5 going forward.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a strangers words be viewed as personal?
Well for one if you start to talk about people's kids/families that can get ugly. Another could be when can't debate basketball without using personal insults.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its up to the coaches and other players to get him involved.
All I KNOW is that he’s at the arena working his ass off everyday, and on top of that working out on his own under adverse conditions with his personal trainer.
Yesterday he posted a video of him working out at the beach, mid day, prob near 95 outside.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one if you start to talk about people's kids/families that can get ugly. Another could be when can't debate basketball without using personal insults.

I get it, but if the person doesnt know your kids/family, then it should just be easily ignored and everyone here knows the person posting stuff like that is just an asshole.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a bad year filled with injuries.....It happpens.

If he can have a season like he had in 2015-2016 or 2016-2017 then I don't think anyone would be upset.

Exactly.
We’ve seen him be very good.
Its in the best interest of all parties to move on and get back to that point or better.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

Would you put the Nugz or a healthy Grizz team this high?

Everything else looks pretty reasonable.

At least 2 good teams are missing the Playoffs this year.

Even if the ending isn't in doubt
* Warriors*..

The journey to get there should be pretty fun to watch.

I think Minny & NO should trade places.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well shit, he'd have beaten MJ, so Lebron would be lucky to score on him. lol