• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 MBBRL Role Call and Nomination thread

ARE YOU IN FOR 2018 SEASON ?

• Current members: No thanks, I'd rather have a root-canal, OUT !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up for oblivion: Thanks but NO thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Harold if there was a way that we could set up a discussion thread that just involves the 21 voting members, but we can't do that and the most that can be done in a private message (by Harold) is 12. So that means if we want to have a frank discussion involving the candidates, we either have to do it all public on this thread for all of them and us to see, or we would have to set up a group email and do it that way. Or we can just not discuss it at all and just vote at the end of the month. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really glad we didn't have to vote last year because I am really torn this year.

There is nothing I would say about any of the 4 in private that I would not say in public. They are all great candidates. Kind of hope nobody nominates any more because things are already difficult enough.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing I would say about any of the 4 in private that I would not say in public. They are all great candidates. Kind of hope nobody nominates any more because things are already difficult enough.

The first part I agree with and I haven't seen anything in private that couldn't be said in public about any of the 4.

And just to be that guy Nos did fill out a profile. Nobody has nominated him and I wondered why. I would, but he would not be one of my three picks so I will not. But I felt his name needed to be out there if someone else wanted to.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to be that guy Nos did fill out a profile. Nobody has nominated him and I wondered why. I would, but he would not be one of my three picks so I will not. But I felt his name needed to be out there if someone else wanted to.

I thought about it, but figured the decision was hard enough as is and its a little early, but Jwolt has been great so far. At least Ritz participated in MBBRL related leagues last year.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about it, but figured the decision was hard enough as is and its a little early, but Jwolt has been great so far.

Molsanman is another one that deserves a shot eventually.

All in all we have quite a few that deserve a shot, but not enough to make a C league. Just enough that there has only been 1 easy no vote in the whole time I have done this.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what ends up being the hard part. It's hard enough to vote for 3 out of 4, but if we nominate more, but not enough for a C league then it just makes the decision that much harder. Although I have to say that in the coming years it will probably come up since I have a hard time believing that we are gonna go from 3 or 4 nominees to 13 all of the sudden to create the C league.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what ends up being the hard part. It's hard enough to vote for 3 out of 4, but if we nominate more, but not enough for a C league then it just makes the decision that much harder. Although I have to say that in the coming years it will probably come up since I have a hard time believing that we are gonna go from 3 or 4 nominees to 13 all of the sudden to create the C league.

Yeah we already have 4 good candidates for 3 spots. Between Stomp and me we just named another 3. That would mean we have enough for 4 C league players and we would need 12. I think there are another 3 or 4 posters up here that could be considered, but even then we are settling for the final 4 spots and even settling for 1 spot is too much.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we already have 4 good candidates for 3 spots. Between Stomp and me we just named another 3. That would mean we have enough for 4 C league players and we would need 12. I think there are another 3 or 4 posters up here that could be considered, but even then we are settling for the final 4 spots and even settling for 1 spot is too much.

Should just add another MBBRL sub league or 2 and keep recruiting members from the sub leagues. If the C leagues is created is it going to be equal to the Barbarians with the top 2/4 going into the Keepers or will the top 2/4 get promoted to Barbarians?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should just add another MBBRL sub league or 2 and keep recruiting members from the sub leagues. If the C leagues is created is it going to be equal to the Barbarians with the top 2/4 going into the Keepers or will the top 2/4 get promoted to Barbarians?
IF there is, or ever is, a 'C' league the same move up and down rules would apply. I caution that having enough 'names' is not really the goal of MBBRL expansion. The goal is to have qualified and active membership.