• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 MBBRL Role Call and Nomination thread

ARE YOU IN FOR 2018 SEASON ?

• Current members: No thanks, I'd rather have a root-canal, OUT !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up for oblivion: Thanks but NO thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad everything is working out for you. I know things seemed pretty rough for you last year. We'll still be here next year and the year after that and I think I can speak for everybody when I say that there will definitely never be another Foot to take your place. :suds:
Yes, no matter how hard Milk tries, he ain't that good

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was going to ask if anyone had an issue with me returning but I think after reading tlance post he is 100 percent correct. I was going through a rough patch in my life last fall and I mean I guess I can tell you guys cause i def tursy yas but my marriage was in bad shape last year. I won't go it to too much detail but my wife and I were both drifting apart after 28 years of marriage. We have since been able to reconnect and have been more attentive to each other's needs and are doing really well these days.

That said I do not wish to be nomonated now at least for this year because I know there would be a very good chance most of you would grant me a pardon and i dont feel that would be the best thing for the league. I did neglect my and the league and I should have to sit out the year at the very least. But thank you anyway so much for thinking of me. You are all including tlance who I love and respect very thoughtful kind and loving men and just so you know I will be back next year and I'll be watching you guys this year.

This is why you are the best Foot.

Love you bro!

You will be back eventually. I know that for sure.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sperm sample goes to @TREFF

Sperm, blood, urine, hair, a note from yer mom, one from your doctor, and one from your kindergarten teacher.
All that plus a thousand word essay on why you'd be good for the league, due on my doorstep by next weekend.

Get crackin

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should revisit the being active on the boards part as well IMHO

not much of a poster either, and not the only one, but thats a rule is to be active on the boards,

It's a good point.
And I don't want to editorialize (but I will).
Some owners have given advanced warning that their posts might dwindle due to obligations outside of this message board. I think most of us understand and are willing to bend the rules in those cases.
The other scenario which may contribute to low-posting is the fact that most of us are all in leagues AGAINST each other. This could be creating an unintentional situation where an owner may hold off asking for an opinion to the board because it either "tips his hand" or would draw undue attention to a player that he wanted to keep under the radar.
I know that I've held back at times raising a question on this forum (or responding) to certain threads for these reasons. Some may argue that it's easy to say that we all have our own view on a player and that no other opinion here would sway our stubbornness or confidence in a player. While this is true, sometimes opinions change. I can see how this may be a slippery slope for some.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the constitutional rule of posting has been somewhat diluted (and/or convoluted) by the fact that the very ones who share their opinion are also the competition. "Frenemies" if you will.
As always, I'm curious as to how the board feels as well. Maybe I'm off base? But this is my viewpoint and I'm as active as anyone and seldom veer off this forum.

Well, let me address this the best way I can. When developing the Constitution and Bylaws, the issue of posting was discussed at length. Several on the committee felt very strongly that we should quantify what was a reasonable 'number', yet try as we may, we could not come up with a legitimate definition that was both fair and could be monitored. After much discussion, and considering the many outside influences that can (and do) affect MBBRL activity level (other sports, sickness, travel, family, work, etc), we felt it best to recognize it's importance, but leave it as a consideration to basically be defined by each individual member during nominations and voting. Yes, some are much more active than others, but to define what is 'an acceptable level' is nearly impossible considering the many outside factors that play into their activity level in MBBRL related threads.
With that said, everyone should certainly nominate and vote according to their own observations and mindset.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let me address this the best way I can. When developing the Constitution and Bylaws, the issue of posting was discussed at length. Several on the committee felt very strongly that we should quantify what was a reasonable 'number', yet try as we may, we could not come up with a legitimate definition that was both fair and could be monitored. After much discussion, and considering the many outside influences that can (and do) affect MBBRL activity level (other sports, sickness, travel, family, work, etc), we felt it best to recognize it's importance, but leave it as a consideration to basically be defined by each individual member during nominations and voting. Yes, some are much more active than others, but to define what is 'an acceptable level' is nearly impossible considering the many outside factors that play into their activity level in MBBRL related threads.
With that said, everyone should certainly nominate and vote according to their own observations and mindset.
So it’s no the. #1 bylaw anymore

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is perfect. Simple. If anyone has a problem with another's activity on the MBBRL boards then we should discuss it during this time (nomination period) of the offseason. Some of the members may or may not be aware of another's participation, or lack thereof. So bringing it to light can help.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is perfect. Simple. If anyone has a problem with another's activity on the MBBRL boards then we should discuss it during this time (nomination period) of the offseason. Some of the members may or may not be aware of another's participation, or lack thereof. So bringing it to light can help.
I personally believe @TREFF talks about Ameer Abdullah way too much

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - with Foot out, unless I count wrong, we have 3 open spots and 4 candidates to date. Cheff, Ritzarmy, BKSBallers89 and EHB5. Looks like a tough vote coming unless 9 more qualified candidates pop up in the next few weeks for a Tolls Under The Bridge 'C' league.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everyone else is finally seeing what I'm seeing. And if peeps would just stop arguing and agree that I'm right, I'd never bring him up, ever
I don’t have a dog in the fight but I kinda hope he shows up the McCaffrey kid in Carolina lol

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have sent in my sperm sample but milk spilled it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everyone else is finally seeing what I'm seeing. And if peeps would just stop arguing and agree that I'm right, I'd never bring him up, ever
FWIW I've always agreed with you. Don't believe that I have ever drafted Anderson. Just poking fun.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have a dog in the fight but I kinda hope he shows up the McCaffrey kid in Carolina lol

AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - with Foot out, unless I count wrong, we have 3 open spots and 4 candidates to date. Cheff, Ritzarmy, BKSBallers89 and EHB5. Looks like a tough vote coming unless 9 more qualified candidates pop up in the next few weeks for a Tolls Under The Bridge 'C' league.
It's still early in the offseason.
More people may be joining the board soon.
But therein may lie the hidden danger.
Not sure it's a good idea to create a "C" league for those who only follow fantasy football when it becomes convenient.
I'm sure there are some good candidates out there who are very good at FF.​
MBBRL is special. Sorry if that sounds pompous; but it is.
MBBRL is not for the "casual" fan. It really involves a year-round commitment.
Better to have a strong 24 then a watered-down 36 IMO.​