• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agency

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostic is a good signing. He was on my radar of FAs to go get. Would like to see the contract because I'm gonna be upset if we are paying Bostic more than what Mathieu is getting paid by Houston. Also, why the fuck are we keeping Toussaint?! I mean really? Does this team see something in guys like Fitz and Landry that the entire fanbase doesn't? Seems like when those two touch the ball, a mistake is about to happen.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostic is a good signing. He was on my radar of FAs to go get. Would like to see the contract because I'm gonna be upset if we are paying Bostic more than what Mathieu is getting paid by Houston. Also, why the fuck are we keeping Toussaint?! I mean really? Does this team see something in guys like Fitz and Landry that the entire fanbase doesn't? Seems like when those two touch the ball, a mistake is about to happen.
Bostic... I sure hope they aren't paying much more than $2mil or so. Anything more would be very risky.

Toussaint... If you read Jacob Klinger's (PennLive) post about him then it makes sense. The Steelers did not offer him a RFA tender, but still signed a contract... meaning he took a paycut to sign on a league minimum contract. He's a do-all journeyman that doesn't squawk about being a scout team, STer, do-anything to help type teammate. His teammates & coaches love him. Even if he's not going to provide mcuh to the RB corps or offense, he's going to make the team better. Even if he doesn't make the final 53, it costs the Steelers nothing in comparison to keep him around all offseason.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Slater of the Pats is visiting the Steelers. Makes no sense. The guy is a 33 year old special teamer who's been hurt over the past few seasons.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Slater of the Pats is visiting the Steelers. Makes no sense. The guy is a 33 year old special teamer who's been hurt over the past few seasons.
My guess is Tomlin is looking to replace Robert Golden, who was the STs Captain for ~3 years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers make their 1st radar move... Not counting the Fitz Toussaint signing lol.

Bostic... Anyone know much about him?

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride @Superbelt @Ojb81

Typical Colbert move...Steelers rarely go into the draft with a glaring need if they can help it....I trust this is value signing (it has to be) and at least keep BPA a real option at 28.

I know nothing about him aside from he started 14 games LY.

Bridge player.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Colbert move...Steelers rarely go into the draft with a glaring need if they can help it....I trust this is value signing (it has to be) and at least keep BPA a real option at 28.

I know nothing about him aside from he started 14 games LY.

Bridge player.
I'm actually pretty happy with the signing. I know he was injured last year but last year was his best season. He wasn't used well on the Bears but he had a chance and made an impact for Indianapolis. I'm happy about this signing. Good move, Steelers!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Cook: Steelers blew it by not signing safety Tyrann Mathieu

He's got a point... Steelers could have fit 1yr/$7mil into the cap (assuming they don't have other plans for a FA). Yes more weight would have needed to be cut, but it would have been worth it to bring in a dynamic player like Mathieu on a 1 year rental that would have instantly upgraded the secondary.

That contract ranks as tied for the 10th highest safety contract in the NFL. But that is still cheaper than what they were paying for Mitchell.

@SteelersPride

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Cook: Steelers blew it by not signing safety Tyrann Mathieu

He's got a point... Steelers could have fit 1yr/$7mil into the cap (assuming they don't have other plans for a FA). Yes more weight would have needed to be cut, but it would have been worth it to bring in a dynamic player like Mathieu on a 1 year rental that would have instantly upgraded the secondary.

That contract ranks as tied for the 10th highest safety contract in the NFL. But that is still cheaper than what they were paying for Mitchell.

@SteelersPride

HB is better than anybody the Steelers can put back there and once you hear about the terms it does make you wonder...why not?

IDK if he's as dynamic as a true FS, but I'm going to say they missed an opportunity. I'm guessing they had vet ILB as a higher priority and one they could probably get done for less than $7mil. Long time to go yet in FA and the prices go lower...I think they will get another vet S in there, probably another non-sexy name.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HB is better than anybody the Steelers can put back there and once you hear about the terms it does make you wonder...why not?

IDK if he's as dynamic as a true FS, but I'm going to say they missed an opportunity. I'm guessing they had vet ILB as a higher priority and one they could probably get done for less than $7mil. Long time to go yet in FA and the prices go lower...I think they will get another vet S in there, probably another non-sexy name.
I'm hopeful that Boston's value will meet the Steelers somewhere along the way... But I won't hold my breath. Judging by the lack of movement on the Steelers end, it doesn't appear that FA is high on their priority list.

Does anyone know when the RFA tender's hit the books? Just curious when to expect more movement.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Boston must be standing firm on his asking price.... sigh

Oh well. Not a big fan of Burnett, but I've seen worse from Mitchell lol. I'm sorta a closet Packers fan by family association. Got a big Pack following on my dad's side of the family. (Yes, SB XLV was a difficult time for my family, but we survived!) Anyways, I've watched Burnett make plenty of mistakes. And I've heard his name get lambasted numerous times within our family circle. Pretty sure the Pack fans are excited to see him go.

Now the Steelers are looking to repurpose that trash. I pray they still have their sights set on FS in the draft regardless.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fills the holes in the starting lineup. Now they won't feel the need to reach for an ILB or S.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But judging by the social media replies to that tweet above... A lot of people are pissed he didn't get resigned. Maybe my family is a little overcritical? lol

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Burnett more of a strong safety?
He is. It would mean Sean Davis makes a move to FS.

Davis didn't do very well matched up in coverage against TE's like Gronk, like a SS has to often do. But he's fast, which is good for a FS.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Boston must be standing firm on his asking price.... sigh

Oh well. Not a big fan of Burnett, but I've seen worse from Mitchell lol. I'm sorta a closet Packers fan by family association. Got a big Pack following on my dad's side of the family. (Yes, SB XLV was a difficult time for my family, but we survived!) Anyways, I've watched Burnett make plenty of mistakes. And I've heard his name get lambasted numerous times within our family circle. Pretty sure the Pack fans are excited to see him go.

Now the Steelers are looking to repurpose that trash. I pray they still have their sights set on FS in the draft regardless.

Oh boy! Not good!

But, I'm not fretting, I'm thinking that's all they could afford most likely...much like the LB signing, I don't think either change the draft strategy, but should not have to reach.

I'm still feeling Reid is their guy...hopefully!

FWIW...the mocks are all putting only 2 S in the 1st round...Fitzpatrick and Derwin James...I think the Steelers will have a good shot at LVE or Reid.