• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agency

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After purging their safety group I have a feeling we are going to hear about a good signing tomorrow... The only safeties on the roster are Davis & Wilcox and 2 PSers in Dangerfield & Malik Golden. Seems pretty wreckless to go into the draft with only that group unless they plan to double dip. My guess is an FA deal is in the works.

Maybe even a trade? :o

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree on wallace, he was used as someone volume in baltimore and miami .............more than just deep threat

also lets get honey badger

No way we can afford Honey Badger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After purging their safety group I have a feeling we are going to hear about a good signing tomorrow... The only safeties on the roster are Davis & Wilcox and 2 PSers in Dangerfield & Malik Golden. Seems pretty wreckless to go into the draft with only that group unless they plan to double dip. My guess is an FA deal is in the works.

Maybe even a trade? :o

As of today they have about $7.7mil open to buy according to Steelerdepot figures...so really about $4.7 mi
when you account for reserves. I don't think he factored to draft class into that number yet, so we shall see.

I see them trading for the PHI LB, if they can absorb his CH for this season. I can't see them going into the draft that thin at S either. There was a report out there about trading Marty B to GB for a S.

I do agree something needs to happen....sooner rather than later.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Pouncey is getting cut.

I don't see him coming here though. Foster isn't getting pushed aside for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Pouncey is getting cut.

I don't see him coming here though. Foster isn't getting pushed aside for him.
Keeping the seat warm for Finney next year...Foster will start the turnover of the OL I think.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Reid stands.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tender for Steelers WR Rogers, making him free agent

This was expected due to the injury.
Then they resigned Fitz Toussaint.
Question on Toussaint is why do they keep bringing him back?!? There has to be a ton of cheap RB's much better than him.

I'm not sure what Toussaint brings either...Idk if he was hurt or not, but Ridley seemed to be the next man up to spell Bell for a play of two after Connors went down.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tender for Steelers WR Rogers, making him free agent

This was expected due to the injury.
Then they resigned Fitz Toussaint.
Question on Toussaint is why do they keep bringing him back?!? There has to be a ton of cheap RB's much better than him.
Not sure what they see in Toussaint. I'm with you though, there has to be more options out there with better upside. I thought Knile Davis & Stevan Ridley were better. But somehow Fitz keeps on cashing checks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today they have about $7.7mil open to buy according to Steelerdepot figures...so really about $4.7 mi
when you account for reserves. I don't think he factored to draft class into that number yet, so we shall see.

I see them trading for the PHI LB, if they can absorb his CH for this season. I can't see them going into the draft that thin at S either. There was a report out there about trading Marty B to GB for a S.

I do agree something needs to happen....sooner rather than later.
if we could do that for haha clinton dix yes

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he has a worrisome injury history.

Per wiki:

Indianapolis Colts[edit]
On April 20, 2017, Bostic signed with Indianapolis Colts. He started the first 14 games at inside linebacker, recording a career-high 97 tackles, before being placed on injured reserve on December 18, 2017.

Drafted by the Bears in '13. Traded to the Pats in '15. Traded to Detroit in '16 but placed on IR in week 1. Signed with the Colts last year. Played 14 games before going on IR.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Schefter:

Steelers signed LB Jon Bostic, formerly of the Colts, to a two-year contract.
Bostic started 14 games for Indy last year while earning PFF's No. 12 run-stopping grade among inside linebackers. He'll be tasked with replacing Ryan Shazier, who is still recovering from a serious spinal injury. Mar 18 - 9:50 AM

Looks like a solid run-stopper. Not sure if its fair to think he'll be tasked with replacing Shazier. Looks more like competition for V-Will. Thinking its a depth piece. And if they miss out on the draft getting a good prospect then it helps provide insurance.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers make their 1st radar move... Not counting the Fitz Toussaint signing lol.

Bostic... Anyone know much about him?

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride @Superbelt @Ojb81

Steelers Sign LB Jon Bostic

Bostic, whom the Bears selected in the second round of the 2013 draft, was a solid, if unspectacular, performer for Chicago during his first two years in the league. He was traded to the Patriots prior to the 2015 campaign but was not as productive in New England as he had been in the Windy City. However, after spending all of 2016 on IR following a trade to Detroit, he turned in a strong 2017 season for the Colts, starting 14 games and posting a career-high 97 tackles along with one sack, one fumble recovery, and three passes defended. He also graded out as Pro Football Focus’ No. 40 linebacker in the NFL, a career best, and he was listed as PFR’s 14th-best FA linebacker in this year’s free agent class.

Very average and fill in depth but due to their horrible cap situation this is the best they could sign.