• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 First-pick.com mock draft thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely can not afford to cut Incognito, we need him, our line is bad as it is

By the way the Jaguars players were talking all game, much more than we were. I bet that Jaguars prick got pissed and decided to say something because he knew there was a solid chance of getting Incognito in trouble thanks to his past

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put it out this way, here's our team needs and the best ways to solve them.

QB: Tyrod isn't the answer, he simply doesn't see the field well, can't throw guys open and isn't the most accurate either. Peterman isn't a solution either as he simply doesn't have the arm strength. Free agency isn't promising, Brees is a free agent but most certainly will be on the Saints next year, Cousins will be there but we're not going to win that bidding war, maybe take a shot on Bridgewater and hope to capture his pre-injury performance. Most likely we assess our options at the end of round one and see who's there, most likely? Maybe Baker Mayfield, honestly he seems to have an "it" factor to me, the guy can play and possibly be the next undersized QB to make it in the NFL, but the Broncos seem to love him so he may not make it to us. Lamar Jackson might be available, he's better than Tyrod at least, like Tyrod he's a runner but Lamar is faster, Lamar has a bigger arm and can see the field better... issue is he's inaccurate like Tyrod and he's very frail and may not be able to last through all the hits he would take. Or we can take a flier in round 3 and see if it sticks.

RB: Shady is clearly the best player on the offense, we need him healthy though...so how do we do this? We need a better backup, Tolbert is best served as a goal-line back and is a free agent anyways. Maybe we could sign someone like Alfred Morris or Jeremy Hill? Most likely we continue our tradition of taking one in the 5th round.

WR: Kelvin Benjamin gives us a true #1 receiver, it really sucked for us that he got hurt against the Chargers and kept going in and out of games as a result, if he stays healthy he gives us a top threat. Zay Jones didn't have the best of rookie seasons he dropped a lot of passes early in the year, then spent the 2nd half of the year helplessly watching as Tyrod overthrows him on every corner route, Jones is a good route runner and needs a QB who will actually get the ball near him on those routes. Jordan Matthews is likely leaving via free agency, Deonte Thompson is one too and he was bad at times. We need another receiver, free agency includes Jarvis Landry who would be a perfect fit if he wasn't a dirty player who ended our former safety Aaron Williams career. Most likely we need to address this early in the draft.

TE: I promise I'm not going down the list of every position, we need a tight end too. Charles Clay is a solid tight end but always gets hurt and misses a quarter of the games if not more. We have nothing good behind him so we need a 2nd tight end, there's loads of tight end talent available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, so we could take one there.

OT: Seriously I promise I'm not going through every position!!! Dion Dawkins has proven to be a very capable tackle his rookie year, he did solid at left tackle to everyone's surprise, Cordy Glenn is the key if he is healthy Dawkins can move to right tackle and we would only need some depth. Bad news is there's been talk that Glenn could be cut, suddenly we need to draft a right tackle or sign one because we absolutely cannot allow Jordan Mills to start at right tackle again.

OG: We just have a massive gaping hole at right guard as we've had no good blockers there, this is a huge need as every run to the right was stopped for no-gain or a loss this year. We could sign someone but if we're lucky maybe Quenton Nelson will be available if he is WE HAVE TO TAKE HIM!! There's also an outside option that if we keep Glenn and Nelson isn't available we could draft someone to play right tackle and move Dawkins to right guard.

DE: See look I skipped Center! We have good starters in Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson, but we really need to bring in some depth.

DT: We got rid of Dareus because of his lack of effort and Kyle Williams is now a 35 year old free agent, his touchdown against Miami seemed to give me the impression that he's retiring, if we're lucky maybe he comes back on a 2 year deal, whether he's back or not this is a huge position of need, another area to address early in the draft.

LB: Lorenzo Alexander still played solid this year, wasn't quite at a pro-bowl level until the playoff game against the Jaguars where he stopped Fournette on seemingly every run, Preston Brown is a free agent, is somehow only 25 and actually led the NFL in tackles (I had to read that multiple times to believe it) he still isn't that good and we could stand an upgrade. Matt Milano surprisingly actually played pretty well at the other linebacker spot and Ramon Humber who is now a free agent actually provided depth, we could still use more depth though. This is getting to be a really long post because we simply have that many needs so perhaps resign Brown if he doesn't ask for too much money.

CB: Tre'Davious White was a draft pick we absolutely nailed as he was fantastic as a rookie and became one of the better cover corners in the NFL, only had one bad game. On the other end E.J Gaines was great as well....when he played, Gaines was injured a lot this year and that's a pattern for him. He's also a free agent, there's a chance we could try to re-sign him and hope he misses less games or we might have to take another corner early in the draft.

S: Hyde and Poyer have proven to be a terrific duo on the backend of the defense, we need some depth behind them. We don't have enough picks so address it in free agency.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put it out this way, here's our team needs and the best ways to solve them.

QB: Tyrod isn't the answer, he simply doesn't see the field well, can't throw guys open and isn't the most accurate either. Peterman isn't a solution either as he simply doesn't have the arm strength. Free agency isn't promising, Brees is a free agent but most certainly will be on the Saints next year, Cousins will be there but we're not going to win that bidding war, maybe take a shot on Bridgewater and hope to capture his pre-injury performance. Most likely we assess our options at the end of round one and see who's there, most likely? Maybe Baker Mayfield, honestly he seems to have an "it" factor to me, the guy can play and possibly be the next undersized QB to make it in the NFL, but the Broncos seem to love him so he may not make it to us. Lamar Jackson might be available, he's better than Tyrod at least, like Tyrod he's a runner but Lamar is faster, Lamar has a bigger arm and can see the field better... issue is he's inaccurate like Tyrod and he's very frail and may not be able to last through all the hits he would take. Or we can take a flier in round 3 and see if it sticks.

RB: Shady is clearly the best player on the offense, we need him healthy though...so how do we do this? We need a better backup, Tolbert is best served as a goal-line back and is a free agent anyways. Maybe we could sign someone like Alfred Morris or Jeremy Hill? Most likely we continue our tradition of taking one in the 5th round.

WR: Kelvin Benjamin gives us a true #1 receiver, it really sucked for us that he got hurt against the Chargers and kept going in and out of games as a result, if he stays healthy he gives us a top threat. Zay Jones didn't have the best of rookie seasons he dropped a lot of passes early in the year, then spent the 2nd half of the year helplessly watching as Tyrod overthrows him on every corner route, Jones is a good route runner and needs a QB who will actually get the ball near him on those routes. Jordan Matthews is likely leaving via free agency, Deonte Thompson is one too and he was bad at times. We need another receiver, free agency includes Jarvis Landry who would be a perfect fit if he wasn't a dirty player who ended our former safety Aaron Williams career. Most likely we need to address this early in the draft.

TE: I promise I'm not going down the list of every position, we need a tight end too. Charles Clay is a solid tight end but always gets hurt and misses a quarter of the games if not more. We have nothing good behind him so we need a 2nd tight end, there's loads of tight end talent available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, so we could take one there.

OT: Seriously I promise I'm not going through every position!!! Dion Dawkins has proven to be a very capable tackle his rookie year, he did solid at left tackle to everyone's surprise, Cordy Glenn is the key if he is healthy Dawkins can move to right tackle and we would only need some depth. Bad news is there's been talk that Glenn could be cut, suddenly we need to draft a right tackle or sign one because we absolutely cannot allow Jordan Mills to start at right tackle again.

OG: We just have a massive gaping hole at right guard as we've had no good blockers there, this is a huge need as every run to the right was stopped for no-gain or a loss this year. We could sign someone but if we're lucky maybe Quenton Nelson will be available if he is WE HAVE TO TAKE HIM!! There's also an outside option that if we keep Glenn and Nelson isn't available we could draft someone to play right tackle and move Dawkins to right guard.

DE: See look I skipped Center! We have good starters in Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson, but we really need to bring in some depth.

DT: We got rid of Dareus because of his lack of effort and Kyle Williams is now a 35 year old free agent, his touchdown against Miami seemed to give me the impression that he's retiring, if we're lucky maybe he comes back on a 2 year deal, whether he's back or not this is a huge position of need, another area to address early in the draft.

LB: Lorenzo Alexander still played solid this year, wasn't quite at a pro-bowl level until the playoff game against the Jaguars where he stopped Fournette on seemingly every run, Preston Brown is a free agent, is somehow only 25 and actually led the NFL in tackles (I had to read that multiple times to believe it) he still isn't that good and we could stand an upgrade. Matt Milano surprisingly actually played pretty well at the other linebacker spot and Ramon Humber who is now a free agent actually provided depth, we could still use more depth though. This is getting to be a really long post because we simply have that many needs so perhaps resign Brown if he doesn't ask for too much money.

CB: Tre'Davious White was a draft pick we absolutely nailed as he was fantastic as a rookie and became one of the better cover corners in the NFL, only had one bad game. On the other end E.J Gaines was great as well....when he played, Gaines was injured a lot this year and that's a pattern for him. He's also a free agent, there's a chance we could try to re-sign him and hope he misses less games or we might have to take another corner early in the draft.

S: Hyde and Poyer have proven to be a terrific duo on the backend of the defense, we need some depth behind them. We don't have enough picks so address it in free agency.

A couple things... Preston Brown is terrible. Most of those tackles are eight yards beyond the LOS, as he has no sideline speed.

I happen to think O'Leary is a good player. TE is the least of our worries.

If we draft a QB that is Taylor 2.0, I don't think I can handle that. I was wrong about Watson last year though, so I will accept it.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things... Preston Brown is terrible. Most of those tackles are eight yards beyond the LOS, as he has no sideline speed.

I happen to think O'Leary is a good player. TE is the least of our worries.

If we draft a QB that is Taylor 2.0, I don't think I can handle that. I was wrong about Watson last year though, so I will accept it.

Hey at least the 2.0 edition is always a new and improved version of 1.0 LOL

Agree on Brown, I mean I put it as nicely as I could though

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have to bring Taylor back if we cant get anyone else but I agree we need a replacement. Though I was thinking trade Taylor for Lynch on Denver and bring in a guy like Bradford on a 1 year deal. Give him a better shot than the Broncos did. Thats if we dont get a top QB in the draft.

I agree need better back up RB but that shouldnt be hard look at all the good ones taken in later rounds.

Jones will be a good slot WR we need a 1 to move KB to 2 or get a 2 and let KB be the one. Let Matthews go that trade was a bust.

I like OLeary I think he should get more playing time.

this draft OLine and DLine. there is also word that they will get rid of Lawson. We have no DT even if Williams comes back. Second on the draft list LB we need some all of ours are terrible.

CB Gaines was decent enough but I wouldnt resign him for more than a couple million per year. You just cant trust he can stay healthy. Im pretty sure we can replace his 59 tackles and 1 interception if he moves on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs:

QB: This one is painfully obvious, and how the Bills handle it will depend on how many picks they want to throw at it in the draft. The free agents available are either way too expensive (Cousins, Brees), unlikely to be available (Brees, Keenum/Bridgewater, Garoppolo) or underwhelming injury risks (Bradford, Bridgewater). Unless the Bills make a trade for Alex Smith, they need to either invest in moving up for a QB in the draft, take their chances with at their own pick, or keep Tyrod. Pairing the Bills' two firsts only gets them up to #6 or #7 per the value chart, which still leaves them behind QB needy teams like the Browns, Giants, Broncos, and maybe the Jets. Competition to move up will only make the cost more expensive, bringing those 2nd round picks into play as well. There are options here, but all will make some fans angry.

RB: Definitely need better depth behind McCoy to try to keep him healthy through the last two years of his contract (career?). I'm a bit biased as he is a former Ram, but I like Benny Cunningham as a potential option in FA. Guys like Hill, Morris, and West could also be options, but I would prefer someone with better catching ability to be McCoy's true backup. Drafting a RB seems to be an annual occurrence on day 3.

WR: I'm not sold on Benjamin as a #1. He's put up stats (when healthy), but his athletic ability seems to be size more than anything else. As noted, Zay is a better fit in the slot, leaving an outside starting position open. Bills could definitely use some speed here, but not just a straight-line burner. I like Deonte's hands, hopefully the Bills keep him around for depth.

TE: OK here for now with Clay and O'Leary (ERFA) IMO. Clay has 2 years left on his contract, and isn't realy cuttable until next offseason.

OL: I'm not as worried about OT, as I don't see Glenn as a cut option ($11M cap hit to cut him this winter). If he's back, that puts Dawkins back to RT as originally intended. RG needs immediate attention (unless the new OC changes back to a power-blocking scheme, where Miller was a better fit). Hopefully there isn't a knee-jerk reaction to cut Richie, which would add LG to the needs.

DL: Big need at DT to fill the gaping hole left by trading Dareus, not to mention Kyle's looming retirement (next year if not this year). DEs could use competition if not replacement (notably Lawson, but it was his first full season).

LB: Upgrades needed here as well, notably at MLB, where Preston Brown isn't a great fit (more of a 3-4 ILB than a 4-3 MLB). Could probably use another OLB as well, as Alexander is getting up there.

CB: Gaines was solid when healthy, but is a FA. Johnson and Wright are depth at best IMO (and both UFAs). This position could completely change around Tre.

S: Poyer and Hyde are solid and locked up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried trading up for a QB, but couldn't get a taker in the top 3 (Denver traded up to 3, picks went Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield). Stayed put other than a late trade down to add a pick. Can't imagine doing better in the 1st round than Payne and Smith...but I also doubt Lamar lasts into the late 2nd (but he did here).

Your score is: 19284 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21: DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama (A-)
Round 1 Pick 22: Roquan Smith, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: D.J. Reed, CB, Kansas State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (IND): Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14 (G.B.): Skai Moore, OLB, South Carolina (B)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One late trade down to add a pick. Top QBs were all gone by 2.21, went with Litton in the late 3rd.

Your score is: 18389 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24: Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 31: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall (A)
Round 6 Pick 1 (CLE): Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (A)
Round 6 Pick 24 (LAR): Skai Moore, OLB, South Carolina (B-)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried trading up for a QB, but couldn't get a taker in the top 3 (Denver traded up to 3, picks went Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield). Stayed put other than a late trade down to add a pick. Can't imagine doing better in the 1st round than Payne and Smith...but I also doubt Lamar lasts into the late 2nd (but he did here).

Your score is: 19284 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22: Roquan Smith, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (IND): Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14 (G.B.): Skai Moore, OLB, South Carolina (B)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

Other than Simmie Cobbs I'm a big fan of all these picks, some definitely steals

as for Cobbs I'm weary of him, for whatever reason there always seems to be an Indiana receiver that goes in the 2nd or 3rd round every few years and every single time they end up doing nothing in the NFL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One late trade down to add a pick. Top QBs were all gone by 2.21, went with Litton in the late 3rd.

Your score is: 18389 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24: Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 31: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall (A)
Round 6 Pick 1 (CLE): Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (A)
Round 6 Pick 24 (LAR): Skai Moore, OLB, South Carolina (B-)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

I'm a fan of this whole draft, we really added some explosive talent in this scenario, Calvin Ridley will turn out to be good, and Sony Michel paired with Shady just isn't fair to the defenses, but one reservation about him, until this past season he had a lot of injury issues and because we're the Buffalo Bills those will flare up.

I didn't get to see Litton play much but I'm a fan of taking a shot on him in the 3rd round, especially with how much offensive talent we got to add thanks to using our 2nd round picks elsewhere

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm now thinking I don't want a receiver in round 1....why?? Well...

Corey Davis
Mike Williams
John Ross
Corey Coleman
Will Fuller
Josh Doctson
LaQuan Treadwell
Amari Cooper
Kevin White
DeVante Parker
Nelson Agholor
Breshad Perriman
Phillip Dorsett

since the last time we took a receiver in the first round those are the receivers picked in round 1....that is awful!!! Cooper is the only one that has panned out somewhat well and even he's a disappointment compared to what everyone expected from him, Agholor might be the 2nd best on this list and he didn't do anything until this year.

ironically the last time 1st round receivers really panned out was 2014 the year we took Watkins, naturally Watkins didn't work out for us but Evans, Beckum, Cooks and Benjamin all worked out well. Not that it matters with some nice wheeling and dealing we ended up with Benjamin anyway

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty excited for the draft, last year we made the best pick in round 1 after trading down even and found several key contributors throughout the draft. For the first time in a while, I have good faith that we'll make the right moves.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty excited for the draft, last year we made the best pick in round 1 after trading down even and found several key contributors throughout the draft. For the first time in a while, I have good faith that we'll make the right moves.

Although, Bills could've stayed put, drafted Watson and solved their QB issues. Now, this season is almost guaranteed to be a step back while a new QB learns the ropes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm now thinking I don't want a receiver in round 1....why?? Well...

Corey Davis
Mike Williams
John Ross
Corey Coleman
Will Fuller
Josh Doctson
LaQuan Treadwell
Amari Cooper
Kevin White
DeVante Parker
Nelson Agholor
Breshad Perriman
Phillip Dorsett

since the last time we took a receiver in the first round those are the receivers picked in round 1....that is awful!!! Cooper is the only one that has panned out somewhat well and even he's a disappointment compared to what everyone expected from him, Agholor might be the 2nd best on this list and he didn't do anything until this year.

ironically the last time 1st round receivers really panned out was 2014 the year we took Watkins, naturally Watkins didn't work out for us but Evans, Beckum, Cooks and Benjamin all worked out well. Not that it matters with some nice wheeling and dealing we ended up with Benjamin anyway

Tough to call them awful, other than "awfully susceptible to injury". Most of those guys have missed significant time to injury. Oh, and I would put Parker right with (if not ahead) of Agholor, his emergence was just held back by Cutler this year. Fuller was also blowing up when Watson was healthy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, Bills could've stayed put, drafted Watson and solved their QB issues. Now, this season is almost guaranteed to be a step back while a new QB learns the ropes.

Our mindset last year was that we were going to give Tyrod another chance to show he's the guy with more targets. For what we were doing we couldn't have possibly done better in the first round

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to call them awful, other than "awfully susceptible to injury". Most of those guys have missed significant time to injury. Oh, and I would put Parker right with (if not ahead) of Agholor, his emergence was just held back by Cutler this year. Fuller was also blowing up when Watson was healthy.

You are right about that, though I guess it would fit the same for our injury luck. I thought Agholor was better because he actually put together quality production throughout this year, Parker has flashed the potential to be good but really hasn't consistently put it together. Parker also gave no effort this year

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that, though I guess it would fit the same for our injury luck. I thought Agholor was better because he actually put together quality production throughout this year, Parker has flashed the potential to be good but really hasn't consistently put it together. Parker also gave no effort this year

Cutler happened (and Landry re-emerged as a target hog), which killed Parker's stats. Agholor has a huge advantage in TDs though. I see Parker as more of a #1, with Agholor as a deep threat and/or slot guy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our mindset last year was that we were going to give Tyrod another chance to show he's the guy with more targets. For what we were doing we couldn't have possibly done better in the first round

CBs are so much easier to find than QBs though (and the Bills haven't had a true #1 since Bledsoe).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler happened (and Landry re-emerged as a target hog), which killed Parker's stats. Agholor has a huge advantage in TDs though. I see Parker as more of a #1, with Agholor as a deep threat and/or slot guy.

It's certainly possible, but he just hasn't put it all together yet...maybe next year, I know Cutler did hurt the first season that he was mostly healthy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBs are so much easier to find than QBs though (and the Bills haven't had a true #1 since Bledsoe).

That is true I guess, maybe one of these days we will figure that out