• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Early 53 Man Roster Projection

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride

Bum deal for Hawkins. Must have been a very severe tear. I was hearing great things from the starting O-lineman when talking about Hawkins. Could be Senquez Golson 2.0 if we never get to see his hard work materialize on the field.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride

Bum deal for Hawkins. Must have been a very severe tear. I was hearing great things from the starting O-lineman when talking about Hawkins. Could be Senquez Golson 2.0 if we never get to see his hard work materialize on the field.
he should be ok.........unless hes injury prone........

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should be ok.........unless hes injury prone........
He's played in 5 games so he's already miles ahead of Golson lol. Started the week 17 game in Cleveland when Tomlin sat all the vets IIRC? I hope he'll rebound. Everything I've heard from the players to the coaches had me very optimistic about his future with the team, esp with the clock ticking on the starting group.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played in 5 games so he's already miles ahead of Golson lol. Started the week 17 game in Cleveland when Tomlin sat all the vets IIRC? I hope he'll rebound. Everything I've heard from the players to the coaches had me very optimistic about his future with the team, esp with the clock ticking on the starting group.
Yeah I think he’s gonna be good

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome back Malleck.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkins' fate as a second contract Steeler is looking pretty dim now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkins' fate as a second contract Steeler is looking pretty dim now.
If Okorafor is all that we've been hearing & reading about, then Hawkins will be a distant memory by next offseason. Sucks for Hawkins, but thats life in the NFL. Some other team could get really lucky if they swipe him up and he finally stays healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guys Galambos & Thomas are makin waves at camp!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post PHI preseason game 53 man projection.

Kozora: Steelers 53 Man Roster Prediction (Post Eagles Game) - Steelers Depot

Obviously a long way to go still, but the coaches probably have their minds close to made up...a few interesting position groups.

WR...5, AB, Juju, James Washington, DHB, Hunter....some are starting to think Rogers opens the season on PUP. No Patterson? No Tucker? I think one of these young guys will make it as the 6th....especially with if TE ends up being only 3. Ben has been a Hunter supporter since early on...if that's still the case, he probably makes it again. DHB is still viewed highly on STs...tough call. If he doesn't have any major setbacks, Patterson won't survive being stashed on PS.

ILB...5, Matthews has probably this team, my question is do you need 5? Whether it's Bostic or Dirty Red to start, I think Edmunds is going to have a package probably in lieu of the "Mack".

OLB...5, Has Adeniyi made this team? Another showing like the PHI game and he will imo.

CB...6...he has Brian Allen and Sensabaugh making it...Sens has been earning it..with Marcus Allen injured, they may only go with 4 S and that would probably make 6 CBs, or 5 ILBs stick.

DL...6...right now McCullers seems to be ahead of Frazier who might be heading to the PS.

@FaCe-LeE-uS ...your thoughts?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post PHI preseason game 53 man projection.

Kozora: Steelers 53 Man Roster Prediction (Post Eagles Game) - Steelers Depot

Obviously a long way to go still, but the coaches probably have their minds close to made up...a few interesting position groups.

WR...5, AB, Juju, James Washington, DHB, Hunter....some are starting to think Rogers opens the season on PUP. No Patterson? No Tucker? I think one of these young guys will make it as the 6th....especially with if TE ends up being only 3. Ben has been a Hunter supporter since early on...if that's still the case, he probably makes it again. DHB is still viewed highly on STs...tough call. If he doesn't have any major setbacks, Patterson won't survive being stashed on PS.

ILB...5, Matthews has probably this team, my question is do you need 5? Whether it's Bostic or Dirty Red to start, I think Edmunds is going to have a package probably in lieu of the "Mack".

OLB...5, Has Adeniyi made this team? Another showing like the PHI game and he will imo.

CB...6...he has Brian Allen and Sensabaugh making it...Sens has been earning it..with Marcus Allen injured, they may only go with 4 S and that would probably make 6 CBs, or 5 ILBs stick.

DL...6...right now McCullers seems to be ahead of Frazier who might be heading to the PS.

@FaCe-LeE-uS ...your thoughts?
WR... Gotta keep Patterson around, at least while Rogers heals on PUP. I originally had DHB & Hunter in a head 2 head battle and so far it doesn't appear they are in one. DHB doesn't seem to be in any danger, and Hunter isn't really doin much at all but had a good camp connection with Ben. Maybe they envision him taking on a bigger role once Ben takes snaps. Honestly I think Washington excites me the most out of anyone not named AB. Juju is a stud and will get his, but watching Washington in the preseason is flat-out amazing me. The way that guy bodies receivers in the air & on the ground is incredible. Can't wait to see him play with Ben.

ILB... V-Will, Bostic, Red, Thomas, & Fort. Coaches seem to love Thomas. Last couple weeks they have been rotating him in at OLB since that group was short-handed. Goes to show what the coaches think of the kid. I think 5 is a reality for this group, even with the extra-Safety packages. I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of growing pains with the ILB position.

OLB... Nothing I have seen from this group really excites me. Huguenin & Adams are ballers but they simply aren't finishing plays. They are getting pressure though so thats a plus. Dupree looked decent last night. Really hoping for Watt & Dupree to be all they can be this season. Adeniyi has great raw talent like Adams. Hoping to see him push for the 53 but I have him projected to land on the PS.

DB... Aside from the INT, Sens has been playing sound football. Brian Allen & Deshaun Phillips have been stinking it up.

DL... Yes it does appear that Frazier is at the bottom of the pecking order. Haven't heard or seen much to provide much optimism.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR... Gotta keep Patterson around, at least while Rogers heals on PUP. I originally had DHB & Hunter in a head 2 head battle and so far it doesn't appear they are in one. DHB doesn't seem to be in any danger, and Hunter isn't really doin much at all but had a good camp connection with Ben. Maybe they envision him taking on a bigger role once Ben takes snaps. Honestly I think Washington excites me the most out of anyone not named AB. Juju is a stud and will get his, but watching Washington in the preseason is flat-out amazing me. The way that guy bodies receivers in the air & on the ground is incredible. Can't wait to see him play with Ben.

ILB... V-Will, Bostic, Red, Thomas, & Fort. Coaches seem to love Thomas. Last couple weeks they have been rotating him in at OLB since that group was short-handed. Goes to show what the coaches think of the kid. I think 5 is a reality for this group, even with the extra-Safety packages. I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of growing pains with the ILB position.

OLB... Nothing I have seen from this group really excites me. Huguenin & Adams are ballers but they simply aren't finishing plays. They are getting pressure though so thats a plus. Dupree looked decent last night. Really hoping for Watt & Dupree to be all they can be this season. Adeniyi has great raw talent like Adams. Hoping to see him push for the 53 but I have him projected to land on the PS.

DB... Aside from the INT, Sens has been playing sound football. Brian Allen & Deshaun Phillips have been stinking it up.

DL... Yes it does appear that Frazier is at the bottom of the pecking order. Haven't heard or seen much to provide much optimism.

WR...I'm not sure why I've had this uneasy feeling at WR all of a sudden, hearing that Rogers will probably start week 1 on PUP, but that should be the least of my concerns. Agree, I know he's a former Vol, but the only thing Hunter can do is be the deep threat...I would go with Patterson as well.

ILB...I think Bostic will be the starter, but if Thomas can keep improving, this kid might end up getting a few snaps on DEF. I've heard they like him more and more....truth be told, I think his off the field issues kept him from getting drafted...he doesn't spec out as a UDFA size or combine results....might've gotten lucky with this kid.

OLB...Adeniyi has a shot for the 53.

DL...Maybe Frazier getting drafted was the spark that McCullers needed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR...I'm not sure why I've had this uneasy feeling at WR all of a sudden, hearing that Rogers will probably start week 1 on PUP, but that should be the least of my concerns. Agree, I know he's a former Vol, but the only thing Hunter can do is be the deep threat...I would go with Patterson as well.

ILB...I think Bostic will be the starter, but if Thomas can keep improving, this kid might end up getting a few snaps on DEF. I've heard they like him more and more....truth be told, I think his off the field issues kept him from getting drafted...he doesn't spec out as a UDFA size or combine results....might've gotten lucky with this kid.

OLB...Adeniyi has a shot for the 53.

DL...Maybe Frazier getting drafted was the spark that McCullers needed.
WR... The thing about Hunter is he is essentially a basketball player in cleats. He’s amazingly athletic but doesn’t combat catch very well. At this level he isn’t going to be very useful unless the QB puts the ball on the money every time for him. He can high point the ball well, but if a DB puts any contact on him then he doesn’t fair very well. I think this could be a huge year for him if he can put it all together.

ILB... Watched some more tape from the GB game and it was even more evident how bad this group is outside of Williams. Too often did they misread or blow assignments. Bostic lost gap contain multiple times and does not look good in coverage. I shouldn’t be surprised since we basically knew this was going to be the result when they first signed him. I really hope that Butler has big plans for these safeties to make a difference in the secondary or else this defense is going to be pitiful.

OLB... Honestly I like Adeniyi’s upside a lot more than Chick. He is a much better pass rusher and he sets the edge really well against the run. Granted that’s against 3rd team O-lineman that were likely UDFAs. Still would love to see him stick around on the 53 but he still has a lot to prove. He could be a great project for the future.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR... The thing about Hunter is he is essentially a basketball player in cleats. He’s amazingly athletic but doesn’t combat catch very well. At this level he isn’t going to be very useful unless the QB puts the ball on the money every time for him. He can high point the ball well, but if a DB puts any contact on him then he doesn’t fair very well. I think this could be a huge year for him if he can put it all together.

ILB... Watched some more tape from the GB game and it was even more evident how bad this group is outside of Williams. Too often did they misread or blow assignments. Bostic lost gap contain multiple times and does not look good in coverage. I shouldn’t be surprised since we basically knew this was going to be the result when they first signed him. I really hope that Butler has big plans for these safeties to make a difference in the secondary or else this defense is going to be pitiful.

OLB... Honestly I like Adeniyi’s upside a lot more than Chick. He is a much better pass rusher and he sets the edge really well against the run. Granted that’s against 3rd team O-lineman that were likely UDFAs. Still would love to see him stick around on the 53 but he still has a lot to prove. He could be a great project for the future.

Thanks...WR...generally not worried overall, but it'll be interesting to see w/ Patterson...doubt they can stash him.

ILB...we know it's not a finished project there, but hopefully they (player opposite VWil) can hold up in base. I fully expect them them go a lot of 3 S this year...that appears to have been the draft day strategy...putting their better players on the field in nickel...we're going to have to see how it works.

OLB...I've seen my 1st looks at Adeniyi...he his a more natural pass rusher than I was expecting.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS... Well...post GB game, apparently there are a few that think Patterson has not done enough and Tucker might be the 6th WR due to his ST work and a likely to pass thru to the PS.

The youth at the position my be enough to keep Hunter, but Tucker and Patterson should both make it and Hunter move on.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS... Well...post GB game, apparently there are a few that think Patterson has not done enough and Tucker might be the 6th WR due to his ST work and a likely to pass thru to the PS.

The youth at the position my be enough to keep Hunter, but Tucker and Patterson should both make it and Hunter move on.
Given the limited size at the position, I personally would keep Hunter. DHB is a solid route runner, but he's not a high-pointer like Hunter. But it all depends on whether or not they use him. If they keep Hunter on the 53 just to keep him inactive for >80% of the season then I'd rather they just get rid of him. They need contributors, not bench warmers with upside.

I'd be fine with whomever they choose so long as they have a role. Hunter & Patterson seem like the best upside. I like Tucker, but his ceiling is limited.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the limited size at the position, I personally would keep Hunter. DHB is a solid route runner, but he's not a high-pointer like Hunter. But it all depends on whether or not they use him. If they keep Hunter on the 53 just to keep him inactive for >80% of the season then I'd rather they just get rid of him. They need contributors, not bench warmers with upside.

I'd be fine with whomever they choose so long as they have a role. Hunter & Patterson seem like the best upside. I like Tucker, but his ceiling is limited.

I think he makes it b/c the room is so young and as you said he his a long body WR...but, they need to use him...he's still got deep speed and as a 4th WR...he's going to have some size mismatches....just generally speaking on the OFC...I think Ben has wanted to spread the ball around more...I think he gets his wish now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes it b/c the room is so young and as you said he his a long body WR...but, they need to use him...he's still got deep speed and as a 4th WR...he's going to have some size mismatches....just generally speaking on the OFC...I think Ben has wanted to spread the ball around more...I think he gets his wish now.
Not to mention the no-huddle is going to demand fresh bodies. There should be a heavy rotation at WR if that’s the case.