• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft Weekend thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcglinchey is highly overrated, he would fit right in on our team though, he wiffs way too much.

we may get a 7th for him or a ham sandwich

A ham sandwich is better than watching him dive on the ground and whiff at the QB along/ with Offsides and Unsporstmanlike conduct penalties... I think it's 99.9% that he's not a Seahawk next year...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will trade down multiple times given we have no 2nd and 3rd round picks. I expect us to trade down to mid 2nd and snag a 3rd and 4th rounder in the process.

That said, I'd almost just prefer we just take someone at 18. We haven't drafted mid 1st round in a while and there's a lot of talent at guard and D-Line this year, which we both desperately could use.

That said, it's not the way Schneider drafts. I'm expecting a trade down. I'd love to snag Sam Hubbard (EDGE) or either of the Notre Dame lineman (McGlinchey/Nelson). But knowing our FO we'll trade down into the mid 2nd and draft a wide receiver :noidea:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda sad we gave up our 2nd and 3rd picks, it's kinda hard to bring in good young talent that way... But like Seahawks fans are saying, I bet we trade down and get more picks, we seem to do that every year... UNLESS someone we really want is there... It's just kind of a bummer though, the year we don't make the playoff and can have a decent draft we #@$^ ing trade away a 2nd and 3rd ...

Yeah, that's the risk rewards of going all in. I think the FO should have traded for Brown much earlier in the year.
They'll trade back in the first and nab a pick or two.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a strong foundation in the secondary and have prepared ourselves well for life after Sherman, Kam and possibly Thomas... Look at our draft from last year... Turns out that this could very well be a great draft... One of the better drafts we've had in a while... We were able to draft 6 guys in rounds 2-3...

On the DL, if McDowell can play up to expectations next season then that would be a bonus since he hasn't even played since we drafted him... Be like picking up a new player next year through the draft... N. Jones looks like a solid starter for us as well... Could be a new DL with Clark, Jordan, Reed and McDowell as our starters with Jones providing strong depth... I don't see Avril or Bennett back with the team... I would like the team to pursue another veteran DL via FA and take a few pass rushers in the draft as well..

Shaq is a stud and the talent/depth we have at Safety in Delano and Tedric could pay dividends... McDougald could fill in for Kam at SS with Hill as the backup and Tedric will be able to take over for Thomas at FS if he does indeed leave next year... Hawks could trade him as well to stock up on some picks, but I doubt that... Tyson has been decent depth for the team as well...

Pocic looks like he could be a solid OL for us down the road and Carson could be solid RB, although I don't see him featured as our main back... I think we still need a starting RB personally but Carson would provide a solid 1,2 punch... Darboh, jury is still out on him... We didn't see him enough to get a good feel from him... Richardson could be gone next year so he may get his shot...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-1-1_11-37-58.png

Wouldn't attach in my post above but this could very well turn out to be a great draft...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could say that about every draft. it could also turn out to be a giant turd.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the risk rewards of going all in. I think the FO should have traded for Brown much earlier in the year.
They'll trade back in the first and nab a pick or two.

I think you're right....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a strong foundation in the secondary and have prepared ourselves well for life after Sherman, Kam and possibly Thomas... Look at our draft from last year... Turns out that this could very well be a great draft... One of the better drafts we've had in a while... We were able to draft 6 guys in rounds 2-3...

On the DL, if McDowell can play up to expectations next season then that would be a bonus since he hasn't even played since we drafted him... Be like picking up a new player next year through the draft... N. Jones looks like a solid starter for us as well... Could be a new DL with Clark, Jordan, Reed and McDowell as our starters with Jones providing strong depth... I don't see Avril or Bennett back with the team... I would like the team to pursue another veteran DL via FA and take a few pass rushers in the draft as well..

Shaq is a stud and the talent/depth we have at Safety in Delano and Tedric could pay dividends... McDougald could fill in for Kam at SS with Hill as the backup and Tedric will be able to take over for Thomas at FS if he does indeed leave next year... Hawks could trade him as well to stock up on some picks, but I doubt that... Tyson has been decent depth for the team as well...

Pocic looks like he could be a solid OL for us down the road and Carson could be solid RB, although I don't see him featured as our main back... I think we still need a starting RB personally but Carson would provide a solid 1,2 punch... Darboh, jury is still out on him... We didn't see him enough to get a good feel from him... Richardson could be gone next year so he may get his shot...

True, that's a positive, McDowell will kinda be like another draft pick...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could say that about every draft. it could also turn out to be a giant turd.
This rookie class has contributed more than what we've seen in a while though. Griffin, Naz Jones, and Chris Carson look like key pieces going forward. Pocic could also be a solid starter for a long time. 4 "good" starters from 1 draft is outstanding. Then we may also see McDowell develop.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rookie class has contributed more than what we've seen in a while though. Griffin, Naz Jones, and Chris Carson look like key pieces going forward. Pocic could also be a solid starter for a long time. 4 "good" starters from 1 draft is outstanding. Then we may also see McDowell develop.

naz jones looks like the best pick to me. griffin is decent but not a game changer. pocic isnt a starter in the NFL, carson might be good but not outstanding. mcdowell may not ever play. the rest are total question marks at this point.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ted thompson is stepping down as packers GM, what are the chances they steal john schneider? can they legally do that or do they have to compensate?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naz jones looks like the best pick to me. griffin is decent but not a game changer. pocic isnt a starter in the NFL, carson might be good but not outstanding. mcdowell may not ever play. the rest are total question marks at this point.

Shaq, "decent"? Are you kidding me? Pocic not a starter? He was basically the only bright spot on the OL when he finally got more PT...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I forgot about Carson. I really do like our RB's. Davis, McKissic, Carson and Procise when healthy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ted thompson is stepping down as packers GM, what are the chances they steal john schneider? can they legally do that or do they have to compensate?

I think JS signed a contract last year so I don't see him going unless he resigns which I give less then 1%.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq, "decent"? Are you kidding me? Pocic not a starter? He was basically the only bright spot on the OL when he finally got more PT...

ya decent, he got beat a lot and didnt make very many plays.

pocic is garbage, dude gets pushed around and beat constantly.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that should be added... DAM the Eddie Lacey signing ended up meaning NOTHING! I don't think were gonna keep Rawls either... Carson is gonna be our main guy, I say keep Davis, he was decent, that should be a good 1-2 punch next year....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that should be added... DAM the Eddie Lacey signing ended up meaning NOTHING! I don't think were gonna keep Rawls either... Carson is gonna be our main guy, I say keep Davis, he was decent, that should be a good 1-2 punch next year....

Disagree entirely. Chris fucking Carson? He looked good in PRESEASON and then played decent against a shit San Fran team and Indianapolis. His worst game which was barely over 3 yards was against a good rush defense, which granted is a miracle he got over 2 yards with our shit line, but it's not like he did anything relevant whatsoever.

On top of that he'll be coming off a major injury.

Instead that super cheap guy we drafted with a 5th round pick ALEX COLLINS (who I graded an A btw) should've just been kept on the roster but instead he put up a near 1,000 yard season with a below average line in Baltimore.

Whatever.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where we'll disagree (on Pocic, I do agree with you on Griffin, I think that was a solid pick).

Anyway, Pocic was garbage and got playing time because our OLINE was suffering injury and depth issues. Pocic was a bottom 25% guard during this season. PFF and general game footage show this. He's a rookie granted, but I can't go automatically into the offseason saying we have a solution at guard. Sure maybe he works his ass off and becomes the best guard in the league, but there's nothing that left me at the end of this season thinking that.