• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the most realistic options at 13...

Payne and Vea...

Who else?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the most realistic options at 13...

Payne and Vea...

Who else?

Payne, Vea. Fitzpatrick (good player, and I would not mind having him if we have seriously addressed the D-line before the draft)

Trade down and take Guice.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne, Vea. Fitzpatrick (good player, and I would not mind having him if we have seriously addressed the D-line before the draft)

Denzel Ward and Quenton Nelson seem like good options too but not sure if theyll be there.

And I hear that Lamar Jackson guy looks good. *ducks*

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denzel Ward and Quenton Nelson seem like good options too but not sure if theyll be there.

And I hear that Lamar Jackson guy looks good. *ducks*

Yea Ward does look good actually. And if Nelson were there and they made the pick, I could not be mad about it.

Jackson.... actually for that I would break my diet and eat popcorn slathered in Butter and wash it down with PBR every Sunday. As we bailed on Cousins... I would love to see them draft Jackson now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Ward does look good actually. And if Nelson were there and they made the pick, I could not be mad about it.

Jackson.... actually for that I would break my diet and eat popcorn slathered in Butter and wash it down with PBR every Sunday. As we bailed on Cousins... I would love to see them draft Jackson now.

If we draft Jackson...I am getting drunk.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Jackson...I am getting drunk.

Im not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, Im no Smith fan so we're gonna need a young QB at some point and Jacksons a solid prospect. But at the same time Grudens seat is getting warm and a backup QB doesnt help much. And then you have new coach coming into a rebuilding team with the young QB of the future already there and Jackson likely learning a new offense.

Either way, theres no way they take a QB in the first after the Smith trade so worry not. You'll get to see all the Alex Smith you want over the next couple years :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, Im no Smith fan so we're gonna need a young QB at some point and Jacksons a solid prospect. But at the same time :D seat is getting warm and a backup QB doesnt help much. And then you have new coach coming into a rebuilding team with the young QB of the future already there and Jackson likely learning a new offense.

Either way, theres no way they take a QB in the first after the Smith trade so worry not. You'll get to see all the Alex Smith you want over the next couple years :D
We could use wr or rb :D

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't signing Haskins be seriously addressing the D-line? If yes, why in the bleep did we have that discussion in the other thread if you're fine with taking Fitzpatrick?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't signing Haskins be seriously addressing the D-line? If yes, why in the bleep did we have that discussion in the other thread if you're fine with taking Fitzpatrick?

1. its Hankins, not Haskins.
2. NO it wouldnt be seriously addressing the D-line. It would be a half measure, which we seem to do alot. As Kiem put it, he would be a piece, but Hankins alone does not FIX the D-line. The D-line is two GOOD players away from being solid and having good depth.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. its Hankins, not Haskins.
2. NO it wouldnt be seriously addressing the D-line. It would be a half measure, which we seem to do alot. As Kiem put it, he would be a piece, but Hankins alone does not FIX the D-line. The D-line is two GOOD players away from being solid and having good depth.
1. Excuse the f out of me.
2. Then who in the flying f else - in addition to Hankins - should they sign in free agency to satisfy you that they've addressed the defensive line?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Excuse the f out of me.
2. Then who in the flying f else - in addition to Hankins - should they sign in free agency to satisfy you that they've addressed the defensive line?

How many times do I need to say, sign some one and draft the D-lineman as well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roquan should be in the conversation too

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I need to say, sign some one and draft the D-lineman as well.
I feel like I'm caught in an Abbott and Costello loop here. You just said..."Fitzpatrick (good player, and I would not mind having him if we have seriously addressed the D-line before the draft)". So what does seriously addressing the D-line before the draft mean? I get that you're saying signing Hankins wouldn't be enough, so WHO else would they have to sign in order to have "seriously addressed the D-line before the draft"?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I'm caught in an Abbott and Costello loop here. You just said..."Fitzpatrick (good player, and I would not mind having him if we have seriously addressed the D-line before the draft)". So what does seriously addressing the D-line before the draft mean? I get that you're saying signing Hankins wouldn't be enough, so WHO else would they have to sign in order to have "seriously addressed the D-line before the draft"?

IM not seeing two FA that would FIX the line AND be affordable.

Thus I feel the fix would be sign either Hankins or Logan, then draft the D-lineman.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read on Guice and where he came from

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that on Guice. Hopefully he goes in the 1st round - if the Skins don't get him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that on Guice. Hopefully he goes in the 1st round - if the Skins don't get him.

IM actually hoping Bruce shocks me and we deal up into the second round.

Get Payne or Vea in the 1st
Guice in the 2nd
and Ronnie Harrison as the other player picked in the 2nd rnd

Payne Guice and Harrison would have me wondering what drugs Doug gave Bruce to keep him locked in the closet while the grown folks run the draft.