• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Daytona 500

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you are correct. I been following NASCAR since 1970, been to a lot of tracks, Pocono the most. Went from Mark Martin to Tony Stewart and now to Kevin Harvick. I have seen this happen countless times, sometimes in person. Some good fights. It will happen again.

I'd love to make it out to Pocono.

I've been to Atlanta, Bristol and Talladega probably a dozen times a piece.

Been to Darlington an Daytona twice(Only the 400 for Daytona)

And Charlotte once.

We were about to take our seats at Homestead last year when a family emergency forced us to leave before it started and head back home.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up, but Austin Dillon will not be winning the season title this year. Sorry Dillon fans, but he dabbed and dabbers never win anything. Ask Lewis Hamilton in 2016 if you don't believe me.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up, but Austin Dillon will not be winning the season title this year. Sorry Dillon fans, but he dabbed and dabbers never win anything. Ask Lewis Hamilton in 2016 if you don't believe me.

He has to win at a non restrictor plate track and not on fuel mileage before he's really even a serious threat to win races, much less a title contender.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daytona, atlanta, talladega, & darlinton.. want to go to Bristol though

Go to the night race if you're going to make the trip.

The day race is fun, but the night race is a completely different animal from the stands.

But I will admit, it was a lot better both at the track and on tv before they fucked around with the banking.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to win at a non restrictor plate track and not on fuel mileage before he's really even a serious threat to win races, much less a title contender.

That said. Austin Dillon has found a way to win on fuel mileage and at a restrictor plate track. Chase Elliott can't find a way to win in far superior equipment.

Chase Elliott= most overhyped driver of all time.

And I say this living about 10 miles from Dawsonville.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one and only time I was to Talladega, about 20 years ago, I got suntan lotion in my eye for the Sunday race. Sort of ruined the day for me. I had the same seats at Pocono for years, up near the top under the press box. It was nice because you got the shade there fairly early in the afternoon, but it still was not really easy to see the back stretch the way that track is configurated. Now I have moved further away from that area.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one and only time I was to Talladega, about 20 years ago, I got suntan lotion in my eye for the Sunday race. Sort of ruined the day for me. I had the same seats at Pocono for years, up near the top under the press box. It was nice because you got the shade there fairly early in the afternoon, but it still was not really easy to see the back stretch the way that track is configurated. Now I have moved further away from that area.

When I was a kid, we used to go to both Talladega races every year.

I was just shy of 10 when Dale Sr died, but he was my favorite as a kid. Got to see him win in person 4 times. 3 times at Talladega, and his second to last career win at Atlanta when he edged Bobby Labonte in a photo finish. We had the same seats the next year at Atlanta when Kevin Harvick edged out Jeff Gordon in an eerily similar finish for his first career win.

Most Dale Sr fans became Dale Jr fan. I've been a Harvick fan ever since.

Not sure who I'll go for after he retires. Possibly Austin Dillon, maybe Cole Custer assuming he'll be Harvick's replacement.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox already has a commercial out about Dillon.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Allisons cuz one of them used to date one of my floor mates in college so i got to meet Davey.. back when i was a kid i dated Rusty Wallace's , Miller genuine draft back up driver .. ive never seen a daytona race from the stands ..only in the in field

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Allisons cuz one of them used to date one of my floor mates in college so i got to meet Davey.. back when i was a kid i dated Rusty Wallace's , Miller genuine draft back up driver .. ive never seen a daytona race from the stands ..only in the in field
what do you mean "back up driver"?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Dale Earnhardt did it too, that’s why they called him “the intimidator”. And it won’t be the last time for sure. Like the lady said, “if you ain’t rubbin you ain’t racin.”

Any fool can wreck another driver, the reason Earnhardt was different is because he could take the same shit back most of the time.

Kind of like the pass in the grass etc. They give it back and it didn't matter.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, we used to go to both Talladega races every year.

I was just shy of 10 when Dale Sr died, but he was my favorite as a kid. Got to see him win in person 4 times. 3 times at Talladega, and his second to last career win at Atlanta when he edged Bobby Labonte in a photo finish. We had the same seats the next year at Atlanta when Kevin Harvick edged out Jeff Gordon in an eerily similar finish for his first career win.

Most Dale Sr fans became Dale Jr fan. I've been a Harvick fan ever since.

Not sure who I'll go for after he retires. Possibly Austin Dillon, maybe Cole Custer assuming he'll be Harvick's replacement.

lol, everything about this post describes my NASCAR fandom as well. With the exceptions of watching Dale win 4 times and Harvick's win in Atlanta.

When Harvick calls it quits, I'm definitely all in on Austin Dillon. Mostly because he's from the Triad and drives for RCR.