• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible, just pet it for awhile first before diving in

tenor.gif

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commits getting shook already scheduling OVs not in Lincoln. Was bound to happen with or without an AD I think

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commits getting shook already scheduling OVs not in Lincoln. Was bound to happen with or without an AD I think

kids scheduling visits was gonna happen anyway, especially after the debacle against NIU... we'll see what happens next. Going to be a very interesting fall now.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska got a commitment from David Alston today... 3-Star OLB out of Minnesota (#1 ranked player in Minnesota according to Rivals FWIW). Good athlete, ideal body type for a 3-4 OLB. And before anyone asks, no this has nothing to do with Parsons. Parsons is obviously a take no matter what.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of recruiting olbs good knews

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska commit Brendan Radley-Hiles’ diary: A weekend at Memorial Stadium

After a big weekend in Lincoln, Neb., I got back to IMG late Sunday night around 12:30 a.m. My teammates and I probably didn’t go to bed until about 2 a.m., though.

The visit was great, and I had a great time. I was able to have my mom and my brother with me as my two official guests, but they weren’t the only two family members that came. While my one sister couldn’t come because she is pregnant, my other sister actually brought my nephew so I got to see him. He lives in Atlanta, but they were in Kansas City visiting friends so they drove up. My other brother also flew himself out for the game, so we all got to be together. It was really cool.

FullSizeRender-31_lv5k8f.jpg

Brendan Radley-Hiles with his family at Memorial Stadium. (Brendan Radley-Hiles/courtesy)
And my family also had a great time. They told me Nebraska is great, and they also got to see my cousin Tyjon Lindsey. My mom hadn’t seen him play since his junior year of high school so that was really exciting.

While Tyjon didn’t get his touchdown while we were there, we did get to see his big block that allowed Stanley Morgan Jr. to score on an 80-yard touchdown pass play. In fact, I had just walked down when I saw it happen on the big screen. I just cringed my teeth like, “Come on, Tyjon. Make the block.” I saw it coming and then it happened. I was like, “Yep, that’s him.” Everyone was going crazy but I knew he could do it.

Knowing Tyjon, that moment showed his traits as a player. Tyjon values blocking. When he doesn’t get the ball, Tyjon values his teammate getting the ball just as much. Blocking has always been a characteristic trait of his, because he’s never selfish.

As for the rest of the game, I know losses are tough. But it was still so good to see my recruiting class because we didn’t treat it like we wouldn’t see each other again before we get on campus. It was more us linking up again. It was almost like a family reunion.

When it comes to the game itself, the outcome just shows how Nebraska — its coaches and its players — treat a loss. It shows your true character. Everyone is judged on how they get back up because everyone is going to fall, so it’s about how you get back up at the end of the day. I’m excited to see what happens this week, which happens to be against Ohio State. Wisconsin was just a little hiccup, but Nebraska will be all right.

Plus, I was able to see myself out there making the big plays. That’s why you go on visits, after all. You want to be able to visualize yourself in these situations. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said the same thing when I was there. It’s important to visualize yourself making the big plays in games, because that’s what it’s all about. I approach every visit I take that way. I try to see myself in that stadium making big time plays.

Being my fifth or sixth visit to Nebraska, the Huskers have really become a part of me now. This is who I am. It’s like I’ve already been on the roster in a way. It’s a big family. That’s just what it is.

IMG_2312_e19vae.jpg

Brendan Radley-Hiles on his official visit to Nebraska. (Brendan Radley-Hiles/courtesy)
We even took photos on Saturday and during the process of taking those pictures and being around my brothers, my future classmates and my current IMG teammates — it hadn’t hit me just yet. It was when I was on the plane back home while I was looking at the photos that I really realized just how far I’ve come. To be in this position and to put on the helmet and jersey and to have my brothers right next to me, it was crazy to think that I’m literally two and a half months from being in college. Who would have thought I’d be in college one day?

It’s kind of weird because last year I went on Tristan Gebbia’s official visit to Nebraska and I remember thinking, “I have a whole year! This will be so long.” Now? It’s literally 60 days away. It’s that close.

As the end of high school gets closer, I think of my “little brother” at IMG, who is junior wide receiver, Cameron Coleman. He’s from St. Louis, and he also has a Nebraska offer. When I look at him, I’m Tristan, Tyjon and Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and he’s now me. This is how the tables turned. I used to look up to them to see the ending of their recruiting processes and now he looks up to me to show him the way.

And when I talk to Darnay Holmes, who is now a freshman defensive back at UCLA, he tells me that he’s going to show me the ropes to be a freshman All-American. I never expected anything from him, but he set the bar so high that I have to go get it. That’s just how I was raised.

I played with him one year at Calabasas (California), and we did everything together. He almost redefined my work ethic. I was always a hard worker, but he really put it to the test and put me to work when I was around him. He wasn’t only one of the best defensive backs in the nation, he also had a 4.1 or 4.2 GPA his whole life. Competing with him on and off the field made me a better player.

Being able to match that a year later is a goal of mine. I feel like I’m living up to my own standards and expectations that he helped set, and I hope he’s proud of me.

I just hope to now do the same for those younger than me. It’s just crazy how close I am to being in college, though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Riley reels in Parsons I'm on board for seeing next year through no matter how the rest of this season goes.

Absolute game changer.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue that... still a lot of time to go but Parsons also wants to enroll early so a decision sooner rather than later would do him well. Problem is... no one has heard anything about his visit at all. No recruiting sites, nothing. He hasn't talked to anyone, this tweet is the most anyone's heard him talk about Nebraska lately. Common sense still has him going to Penn State unless Diaco and Co really sold him on being a game changer and starting right away next season. Kid has the type of bravado that might be open to that type of swooning

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue that... still a lot of time to go but Parsons also wants to enroll early so a decision sooner rather than later would do him well. Problem is... no one has heard anything about his visit at all. No recruiting sites, nothing. He hasn't talked to anyone, this tweet is the most anyone's heard him talk about Nebraska lately. Common sense still has him going to Penn State unless Diaco and Co really sold him on being a game changer and starting right away next season. Kid has the type of bravado that might be open to that type of swooning

If I'm Riley right now I'm promising every blue chip player on our radar that they'll start right away. He pretty has nothing to lose at this point.

Shit I'd lie, steal, cheat. Whatever it takes :dance:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Mike Riley I'd tell him Scott Frost is going to be their head coach that get them to Nebraska probably get Mike Riley another contract extension then we fire him a week later

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keyshawn here at OMA. Must have partied it up all weekend. If I actually talked to people I'd go ask him about the season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts are starting to predict big flips in recruiting.

They Bookie and Moore are most likely.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3