• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Coma B draft thread

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone bedsides me give AD any thought?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... But it was a very brief. I had more interest in Murray but even that was pretty low. The RB market is too diluted & it favors youth at the moment. Nobody wants to pay for an expensive RB with a ton of experience when they can get equal production at a cheaper cost. I think Murray will catch on somewhere, but it may not be until August when his pricetag is drastically lower.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I was to busy dominating this draft. :dhd: I saw he was available but to risky. Rather take a 3rd string RB then go with AP who might make a team and be their 2nd string RB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since I'm bored enough I'll do a half-assed Coma writeup...

QB: Bortles, Tannehill
*Well the mini BB gun was BPA for me. Didn't feel like anyone else presented me with any consistency so I'll take it. But since my faith was minimal, I took the plunge on a backup earlier than most the league (2nd taken). Worthy of streaming.

RB: Booker, Martin, Carson, Ware
*Sort of kicking myself with this group. I went more for homerun gambles than I did capable flex starters. I tend to do that every year and end up regretting it. Booker is slated to start, but its his job to lose if Royce Freeman beats him. Oakland didn't mess around this offseason with acquiring Martin so I think they have plans for him. Been hearing good things so far this offseason, but its all fluff so far. Carson was BPA at the position and I was desperate at that point. The pool was hot garbage. Hoping that Carson can recapture some kind of contributing role in SEA. He looked good prior to injury, and I'm not so sure Penny is going to win the role. Ware is a pure handcuff gamble. An injury to Hunt will swing the door wide open.

WR: Shepard, Sanu, Ginn, Amendola, Enunwa
*I think I got good value out of Shepard & Sanu. Ginn has a great track record but age is against him. I'm hoping that Amendola can stay healthy and pick up where Landry left off. Fools gold probably, but been hearing good things out of OTAs. Enunwa was a stud in '16, then disappointed in '17 after injuring his neck. Would love it if he could recapture his momentum.

TE: McDonald.
Goin with a homer pick. Vance has been workin his tail off this offseason because he was very disappointed with his injury plagued year in PIT. When healthy he dominates in that offense.

D/ST: Saints
*Knee-jerked this pick as soon as I saw Harold take the Panthers. Had my eyes on the Saints as early as the 2nd Rd believe it or not. I was stressin the D/ST slide for at least 2 rounds.

K: Butker
*Thought about this guy in Suicide. Highly rated for such a young kid. We'll see.

Coma is always a crapshoot, but I think I missed the boat on finding those flex-type RBs that can contribute double digit FF games. I will need at least 2 of them to win starting roles for me to have a good group. I feel like my WRs, D/ST & K are my strongsuits. My QB & TE will be hit or miss but I'm hopeful. The RB group, of course, is my question mark.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow time right now, so do a mini break down of my draft.

QB: Got a couple of starting vets in Dalton and Flacco, so feel secure with the position. Which in coma is all you can reasonably hope for.

RB: Now this position is always tough in coma, because RBs get sucked up in suicide. Ty Montgomery and TJ Yeldon are two RBs that will see some carries and or targets so I have them as my floor. The others RBs are rookies or one year players with no known role this early on, so it remains to see how it works out. Joe Williams fell flat on his face and ended up in Shanahans doghouse, but Shanny likes to use multiple backs and he fought to get Williams, so got to think Williams will be given a chance at a role this season.
Jordan Wilkins is in a crowded backfield, but in his favor he's the only one equipped to run between the tackles so I got some hope that he gets carries every week. Kalen Ballage is nothing more then a dart throw, but you never know. Over all think my RBs will be on par with others at least.

WR: With R. Matthews and Kearse I have two players I believe will start for their teams and in coma that's a plus. Wallace and T. Williams will get some snaps and targets. Think it's a solid group, but not outstanding.

TE: Clay has a limited ceiling and floor, he'll do for coma.

D/ST: Think I did well getting the Panthers here.

As it stands right now, think I have a competitive team, byt as always it will come down to luck with injuries IMO.