• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Broncos Schedule

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’ve never been to San Francisco get out there! A Broncos game is the perfect reason to visit, but the place is a good destination regardless. It’s stupid expensive though. The game itself should be pretty good. The 49ers definitely appear to be a team on the rise and I have a hard time believing this Broncos team is going to look as bad as they did last year. The Broncos never seem to stay down for lon stretches and still have what looks to be a very good defense. A little contribution from the offense and we may just have a team this year.

Go to SF!

:agree:

I would make time to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was awesome. You can also get a booklet for around $90 that allow you to go do a lot of different activities by just giving them the stub out of the booklet. Fisherman's Wharf was really cool too.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I would make time to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was awesome. You can also get a booklet for around $90 that allow you to go do a lot of different activities by just giving them the stub out of the booklet. Fisherman's Wharf was really cool too.

I lived in Monterey for 2 years and it’s an awesome little town. Fond memories.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone going to San Francisco?

Thinking about changing it up this year and going to San Fran over Denver. Have a friend who is a 49ers fan and another who is a Raiders.

Thinking about hitting up the SF/Broncos game on sat then the Raiders/Steelers game on Sunday night.

Going to Cincy for sure.

If not SF then probably have to be the Chiefs or Rams game in Denver I go to this year. The early games don't work out.

I would be interested in a SF trip. Was there a couple years ago. I have a SF friend at work who would also be interested.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’ve never been to San Francisco get out there! A Broncos game is the perfect reason to visit, but the place is a good destination regardless. It’s stupid expensive though. The game itself should be pretty good. The 49ers definitely appear to be a team on the rise and I have a hard time believing this Broncos team is going to look as bad as they did last year. The Broncos never seem to stay down for lon stretches and still have what looks to be a very good defense. A little contribution from the offense and we may just have a team this year.

Go to SF!

I'm going to try and make it work.

Never been to San Fran. My parents have gone there a few times recently and rave about it.

Would you be going to the game?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested in a SF trip. Was there a couple years ago. I have a SF friend at work who would also be interested.

I will keep in touch with ya about it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about raiding Denver this year...

Wouldn't that be an Oakland thing to do? Raiding?

Come on out. Opposing team's fans are treated pretty well at Mile High for the most part. Of course with division rivals, there are no guarantees.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about going to the Raiders game again, but same game I went to last year, and it was the last game we won before we finally beat the Colts (Felt like 3 years inbetween those wins)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My options are probably going to be

KC at Den
LA Rams at Denver
Denver at San Fran

Really wanted to do the Pitt at Denver but over Thanksgiving is tough because I have an Iowa/Nebraska tradition with friends on that friday after thanksgiving.

Denver at Cincy (for sure going, locked in)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that be an Oakland thing to do? Raiding?

Come on out. Opposing team's fans are treated pretty well at Mile High for the most part. Of course with division rivals, there are no guarantees.

I was actually pretty impressed this last year when I went to the Broncos/Patriots game. I had about 20 Pats fans in my section and they were about as annoying as you would expect from Pats fans. They showed very little class and honestly there were a couple of times I had my fists clinched because they kept getting inches from my face to remind me of the score. Yet the Bronco fans in the section kept their cool.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely don't have much to complain about with this schedule. Much better set up than the last few years for the Broncos.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to try and make it work.

Never been to San Fran. My parents have gone there a few times recently and rave about it.

Would you be going to the game?

Unfortunately no. I live on the east coast now. Closest game to me is Balitimore, but honestly I enjoy watching on my massive hi-def screen more. If I can’t be in Denver, I’d rahter just save a bundle and be home.

I probably could’ve caught the Broncos @ Redskins on Christmas Eve last year for under $5 though!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking another look at this schedule and the Broncos really did catch a couple breaks. That week 10 bye is awesome. Getting the Chiefs in KC before November is good news too. It’ll still be a hard game but it could be worse.

I’m thinking:

Vs AFC West: 4-2
vs AFC North: 2-2
Vs NFC West: 2-2
Vs 4th place: 2-0

That would put the Broncos at 10-6 which should be good enough for a WC spot. I hate to say it but I think the Chargers are winning the West at 11-5 or better this year. The Chiefs I give 7-9 based on losing some defensive pieces and the transition to an unproven QB. As for the Raiders I highly doubt Gruden is going to show up and magically make them a perennial contender. He’s still got a lot to fix and his first year back likely is a 5-11 or 6-10 finish.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have been unable to not hit one of those funks where they lose games they shouldn't. I think they hit one of those again this year and finish in the 9-7.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen!

Didn't want to start a thread for this, but I just bought tickets to the PITvDEN game on 11/25 and am looking for advice & recommendations. I haven't been to Denver since I was a kid, so I am looking for any & all recommendations that any of you have for the city (hotels, restaurants, bars, nightlife, tours, tourist attractions, etc) & gameday (tailgating, pre&post game events, etc). As of right now the plan is to arrive in Denver on Thursday 11/22, and leave on Monday 11/26. Haven't looked into hotels yet.

Thanks in advance! :suds:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen!

Didn't want to start a thread for this, but I just bought tickets to the PITvDEN game on 11/25 and am looking for advice & recommendations. I haven't been to Denver since I was a kid, so I am looking for any & all recommendations that any of you have for the city (hotels, restaurants, bars, nightlife, tours, tourist attractions, etc) & gameday (tailgating, pre&post game events, etc). As of right now the plan is to arrive in Denver on Thursday 11/22, and leave on Monday 11/26. Haven't looked into hotels yet.

Thanks in advance! :suds:

Should be a good trip for you but you never know what kind of weather you might be traveling into that time of year. It can be in the 70's with sunshine or it could be cold with snow. Typically, our Fall weather is pretty damn nice and we don't get a ton of snow until mid to late winter.

If you haven't been here since you were a kid, it would be worth your time to rent a car and get at least 4-6 hours up in the mountains. If you don't want to drive far, there are also places close in along the Front Range like Roxborough State Park, Red Rocks, Table Mountain and such. If you have time, it's really fun to hit towns like Frisco, Breckenridge or Vail.

Denver has a fun downtown, specifically LoDo (lower downtown). Coors field is down there and there are a ton of great restaurants and bars in the area. Connected to that is a renovated Union Station. Also a lot of fun places with great food.
On the West side of I-25 is an area called the Highlands. It's also jammed with great restaurants and bars and a nice view looking back at downtown.

I would avoid downtown hotels, as they're all pretty expensive. In my opinion, it would be worth it to grab a room out in the suburbs and rent a car or take light rail. Denver's light rail system has grown a lot over the years and it's pretty easy to get around.

Game day is what you would expect. Get to the parking lots early, as tailgating is a blast. There's a restaurant called Brooklyn's next to the south lots that gets really busy before the games. They do have an outdoor patio. I've been there many times on game day and had some interesting conversations with opposing team's fans. You'll find if you're respectful, most Denver fans will treat you well. You'll have a lot of brethren in town anyway, as we all know that the Steelers faithful travel well.

Drink a ton of water when you get here. The altitude is the real deal. The first time you take in any alcohol, you'll feel it's impact much faster too.

Enjoy the game and GO BRONCOS!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you like to do.

For a place to stay I usually go to VRBO and rent a house as it is usually the same price or cheaper then a hotel and a ton more room, but you would want a rental car for this. As far as getting to the game I always use Broncos Ride. For a few bucks per person you will be take to the game and back and be cheaper then parking. The downside is if you are wanting to do a lot of tailgating this will be tough to work. Below is a link to the Broncos Ride web page:
RTD

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good trip for you but you never know what kind of weather you might be traveling into that time of year. It can be in the 70's with sunshine or it could be cold with snow. Typically, our Fall weather is pretty damn nice and we don't get a ton of snow until mid to late winter.

If you haven't been here since you were a kid, it would be worth your time to rent a car and get at least 4-6 hours up in the mountains. If you don't want to drive far, there are also places close in along the Front Range like Roxborough State Park, Red Rocks, Table Mountain and such. If you have time, it's really fun to hit towns like Frisco, Breckenridge or Vail.

Denver has a fun downtown, specifically LoDo (lower downtown). Coors field is down there and there are a ton of great restaurants and bars in the area. Connected to that is a renovated Union Station. Also a lot of fun places with great food.
On the West side of I-25 is an area called the Highlands. It's also jammed with great restaurants and bars and a nice view looking back at downtown.

I would avoid downtown hotels, as they're all pretty expensive. In my opinion, it would be worth it to grab a room out in the suburbs and rent a car or take light rail. Denver's light rail system has grown a lot over the years and it's pretty easy to get around.

Game day is what you would expect. Get to the parking lots early, as tailgating is a blast. There's a restaurant called Brooklyn's next to the south lots that gets really busy before the games. They do have an outdoor patio. I've been there many times on game day and had some interesting conversations with opposing team's fans. You'll find if you're respectful, most Denver fans will treat you well. You'll have a lot of brethren in town anyway, as we all know that the Steelers faithful travel well.

Drink a ton of water when you get here. The altitude is the real deal. The first time you take in any alcohol, you'll feel it's impact much faster too.

Enjoy the game and GO BRONCOS!
Depends on what you like to do.

For a place to stay I usually go to VRBO and rent a house as it is usually the same price or cheaper then a hotel and a ton more room, but you would want a rental car for this. As far as getting to the game I always use Broncos Ride. For a few bucks per person you will be take to the game and back and be cheaper then parking. The downside is if you are wanting to do a lot of tailgating this will be tough to work. Below is a link to the Broncos Ride web page:
RTD
Great & thoughtful posts! Lots of good recommendations. Much appreciated!

Getting out into the sticks is a "want to" but with the family it might be hard to swing. I'll be bringing my fly-fishing gear just in case though. I have a friend that lives in the area that raves about the fishing.

The suburb hotels with close access to the light rail sounds like the way to go. But I think we will be renting a car. I'd prefer to get to the stadium early. This shouldn't be a problem since its an afternoon game.

Thanks again! :suds:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have been unable to not hit one of those funks where they lose games they shouldn't. I think they hit one of those again this year and finish in the 9-7.

I hope you’re right. From where we sit now they definitely look like the best team in the division. That 0-4 start last year doomed them but I think they can get out to a far better start this year, barring injuries.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you’re right. From where we sit now they definitely look like the best team in the division. That 0-4 start last year doomed them but I think they can get out to a far better start this year, barring injuries.
Their defense is outstanding if they can keep Verrett healthy
And their top 2 picks last year barely played so they basically have 2 top picks this year they did not have last year. Who knows if this is the year Rivers declines

I like SD then the other three teams fight it out