• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
■ “Trout,” said a longtime National League scout. “Analytics may favor Mookie, I love both, but Trout never cools.”

No, analytics do not favor Mookie.

“I’d go with Trout,” said a National League evaluator. “Close though. Betts is a year younger and has a better OPS over the last two years.”

No, he doesn't, and it's not particularly close.

Boston. Where they create their own reality. :doh:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
■ “Trout,” said a longtime National League scout. “Analytics may favor Mookie, I love both, but Trout never cools.”

“I’d go with Trout,” said a National League evaluator. “Close though. Betts is a year younger and has a better OPS over the last two years.”

Mookie is great, but I don't see him comparing to Trout.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

luckily NY never does this:suds:

It’s time to acknowledge Didi Gregorius as an elite MLB shortstop

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see that Rock got a job with the Boston Globe.....Article is for lining a bird cage......

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright SHOWALTER, its time.

All your 30-something strikeout fools need to be cast off. Lets get young and let whatever kids they have play.

You dont even get to hide behind poor starting pitching this year. The starters have been okay.

It is your pet players who all strikeout relentlessly while blocking any youth players.

And if you cannot, its time for you to go as well.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whackadoos, posting about a player who was schitt on by reeetartee. what do you expect from what was once an every day player that was turned into a platoon player. if i was ells i would stay hurt, hmmmmmm maybe thats just what he is doing.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, whoever that NL scout is is a fucking retard. I love Betts and I think he's absolutely been a top 10 (perhaps 5) player over the last three years, but no one's in Trout's league. Trout's only 26 and he already has 56.1 WAR under his belt. As long as he meets the 10 year requirement, he's pretty much a HOF lock. Betts has a chance to go down as one of the greatest players to ever wear a Red Sox uniform, but Trout has a chance to go down as one of the greatest players to ever wear a baseball uniform. Harper's probably the closest thing to Trout (and he could be a better hitter), but he doesn't really have the track record yet IMO.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly has no ability.....

I never said he doesn't have any ability, just that he wasn't as sharp as the no-hit bid would suggest. 5 walks in 5 innings is a lot. Sometimes a batter has crap command and the balls put in play find gloves.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he doesn't have any ability, just that he wasn't as sharp as the no-hit bid would suggest. 5 walks in 5 innings is a lot. Sometimes a batter has crap command and the balls put in play find gloves.
*Pitcher, not batter. Ugh.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 former detriot tigers key to red sox hot start.
J.D.MART. Tricky Ricky porcello.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say JD has been a major component in the Red Sox hot start. But it's sure good to see him heating up.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never suggested he was sharp....The kid has good stuff and looking at the Yankees pitching, I'd gladly take him....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALEX COBB

3 1/3 innings 7 earned runs
3 2/3 innings 7 earned runs
20 hits, 7 extra base hits, 2 Ks

Sweet free agent signing off to a great Orioles career.

Somehow we miss UBALDO JIMENEZ now.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say JD has been a major component in the Red Sox hot start. But it's sure good to see him heating up.

Idk, a 145 wRC+ is pretty damn good. It's in line with what he was hitting from 2014-17. It is nice to see them getting contributions elsewhere, particularly Hanley. It will be interesting to see how the option situation unfolds if he continues to hit. I expect him to regress, but I do think a healthy Hanley can hit in line with 2016. JBJ has been making a lot of good contact and I expect his numbers to improve. That .245 BABIP will only go up and his infield flyball rate will only go down. I expect Devers to have some struggles, but I don't think it's unreasonable for him to finish the season with a .273/.338/.500 line.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, a 145 wRC+ is pretty damn good. It's in line with what he was hitting from 2014-17. It is nice to see them getting contributions elsewhere, particularly Hanley. It will be interesting to see how the option situation unfolds if he continues to hit. I expect him to regress, but I do think a healthy Hanley can hit in line with 2016. JBJ has been making a lot of good contact and I expect his numbers to improve. That .245 BABIP will only go up and his infield flyball rate will only go down. I expect Devers to have some struggles, but I don't think it's unreasonable for him to finish the season with a .273/.338/.500 line.

But JD's numbers have jumped to that level because he has been hitting very well recently. When they finished with the Yanks to go to 10-2 his OPS was .726 with only 2 dingers, one was meaningless in a blowout. He's playing great now, no surprise, but to say he was a key to the hot start just isn't necessarily true. They got off to this hot start because of their starting pitching first, Bogarts early and of course Betts.

Hanley has been a huge surprise, what a boost that would be. JBJ is what he is, a great center fielder who is an incredibly streaky hitter. I'm fine with that from the 9 spot in this lineup. Devers, now that's a guy I love. The ball just jumps off his bat, I expect him to continue to improve.