• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The addition of Walker likely means that both Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar will begin the 2018 season in the minors, with Drury lined up at the hot corner and Walker at second base.

I dont like that, apparently Tyler Wade has earned the 2nd base job this spring

And FWIW, Brandon Drury has not looked good

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like that, apparently Tyler Wade has earned the 2nd base job this spring

And FWIW, Brandon Drury has not looked good

He's hitting, at least. And Walker's game is ideal for Yankee stadium.

Wonder if this ultimately means they're going to use 1 of Torres/Andujar to get more starting pitching.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if this ultimately means they're going to use 1 of Torres/Andujar to get more starting pitching.
I'm praying that doesn't come true....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hope not.....If youre passing on Lance Lynn or Alex Cobb for pennies, id hope they wouldnt surrender Gleyber or Andujar in a deal

Even Neal Walker getting $5million vs Moustakas getting 6.5, is not looking very good

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I did not know Ellsbury was making 21 mill a year! No wonder why geetartee got his azz canned. Wtf, I have never heard of a player in any major sport making that kind of money, who wasn’t a jerk, riding the pine . That call for his firing had to come from the grave.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I did not know Ellsbury was making 21 mill a year! No wonder why geetartee got his azz canned. Wtf, I have never heard of a player in any major sport making that kind of money, who wasn’t a jerk, riding the pine . That call for his firing had to come from the grave.
Wonder Boy gets paid $84M over the next 4 seasons.....They should take him skydiving without a parachute.....Cashman took a big swing and missed badly.....

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ellsbury is a very good player, not worth 21 mill, but in this day & age , money has no value in sports.

i just don't understand both parties here, but then again, WTF, yankees giving him that contract, and the fact no one now wants to pay it...

what did we just want him away from the sox? all i have to say is wow!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
caught a little of the game mets /yanks, saw the play wade made when he turned his wrist over.. did not want to comment on it b4 i knew he was not having surgery for his bone coming through his skin, WTF.... holt schitt, he gets an oscar for that act! and he doesn't get up and throw the runner out at plate? hey i get it its spring training, but how did he know at such a young age trying to win a position not show he he ready! playing hurt is how you get to the show!!! at least it was in my day! what a puss

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope not.....If youre passing on Lance Lynn or Alex Cobb for pennies, id hope they wouldnt surrender Gleyber or Andujar in a deal

Even Neal Walker getting $5million vs Moustakas getting 6.5, is not looking very good

Not sure about Lynn, but Cobb turned down a qualifying offer, so whoever signs him has to give up their #1 draft pick.

And they're getting Walker for $4M plus incentives. That's a steal, bro.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
caught a little of the game mets /yanks, saw the play wade made when he turned his wrist over.. did not want to comment on it b4 i knew he was not having surgery for his bone coming through his skin, WTF.... holt schitt, he gets an oscar for that act! and he doesn't get up and throw the runner out at plate? hey i get it its spring training, but how did he know at such a young age trying to win a position not show he he ready! playing hurt is how you get to the show!!! at least it was in my day! what a puss

Kid looks like a different player this spring. Cashman said he saw him evolving into a Ben Zobrist type, and I thought Cashman was smoking crack. But he's playing with a ton more confidence than he was last season, and the results are self-evident. Another 2 hits last night including a ringing double.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ready for prime time:suds:

Yankees optioned INF Gleyber Torres to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Torres, one of the top prospects in all of baseball, was batting just .130/.200/.217 through 23 at-bats this spring in the Grapefruit League. He's still shaking off some rust after missing the second half of the 2017 season following Tommy John surgery, but the ultra-talented 21-year-old should be ready to make his MLB debut by the middle of the 2018 campaign.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ready for prime time:suds:

Yankees optioned INF Gleyber Torres to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Torres, one of the top prospects in all of baseball, was batting just .130/.200/.217 through 23 at-bats this spring in the Grapefruit League. He's still shaking off some rust after missing the second half of the 2017 season following Tommy John surgery, but the ultra-talented 21-year-old should be ready to make his MLB debut by the middle of the 2018 campaign.

He was probably always going to be down for the month of April anyway, but the dueling acquisitions of Drury & Walker made it easy.

Andujar still hanging in the big league camp, but his days are probably numbered as well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was probably always going to be down for the month of April anyway, but the dueling acquisitions of Drury & Walker made it easy.

Andujar still hanging in the big league camp, but his days are probably numbered as well.

I assume Cobb puts us over the tax?

Thats a guy I wouldnt mind

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the money, it's the draft pick.

Oh yeah

I dont mind CC OR Montgomery, having BOTH makes me a bit nervous, mostly because I dont love Sonny Gray

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah

I dont mind CC OR Montgomery, having BOTH makes me a bit nervous, mostly because I dont love Sonny Gray

Someone is going to underperform, someone is going to miss starts, it's inevitable.

Which is why I'm a little nervous for some of the prospects. They like Fulmer from Detroit, and lord knows the Tigers could use a little farm system boost. That's what I think the end game is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is going to underperform, someone is going to miss starts, it's inevitable.

Which is why I'm a little nervous for some of the prospects. They like Fulmer from Detroit, and lord knows the Tigers could use a little farm system boost. That's what I think the end game is.

My super dream scenario is the Giants dont see the results they want by mid season, which is possible with that roster, and that tough division

And they make Bumgardner available, i think its plausible, he is the one guy that can re-stock that farm system, which is brutal

Thats the type of deal I equate to verlander last season, who absolutely was more responsible for winning the WS than anyone in baseball

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My super dream scenario is the Giants dont see the results they want by mid season, which is possible with that roster, and that tough division

And they make Bumgardner available, i think its plausible, he is the one guy that can re-stock that farm system, which is brutal

Thats the type of deal I equate to verlander last season, who absolutely was more responsible for winning the WS than anyone in baseball

I had no idea he was so cheap ($12M this year and next) . That would be amazing, but that's gonna cost a shit ton.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea he was so cheap ($12M this year and next) . That would be amazing, but that's gonna cost a shit ton.

Yes, they always talk about what it could bring back because of how team friendly the contract is

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks did a great job with the Walker signing. $4M for a guy that's been worth ~2 WAR pretty much every year since becoming an everyday player is a steal. Walker's been a steady offensive 2B and has never had an OPS+ lower than 106 and has been an above average offensive 2B every year (per wRC+ and OPS+)