• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have really enjoyed the Sox historic season, seems they just can't lose. But i just don't see it in October. Their lack of legit set up men will cost them dearly. After Sales the rest of the starters are way to inconsistent, Porcella is literally 50/50 in his recent starts and Price is a bad playoff pitcher historically.

I think they only have the Astros in all of baseball to worry about, and I think they will beat them

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have really enjoyed the Sox historic season, seems they just can't lose. But i just don't see it in October. Their lack of legit set up men will cost them dearly. After Sales the rest of the starters are way to inconsistent, Porcella is literally 50/50 in his recent starts and Price is a bad playoff pitcher historically.

Matt Barnes has be a very good set up man this year. Ryan Brasier has been absolutely lights out in the bullpen. I would like it if the Sox had a lefty in the bullpen but that isn't the end of the world.

As for the starters, the Sox have one guy who is close to unhittable. David Price has pitched well in his last 5 or so starts. Porcello has been inconsistent. Rodriguez and Wright should be coming back in the next couple of weeks.

So the post-season starters will be Sale, Price and Porcello. If Porcello is shaky then he gets the hook early.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barnes has be a very good set up man this year. Ryan Brasier has been absolutely lights out in the bullpen. I would like it if the Sox had a lefty in the bullpen but that isn't the end of the world.

As for the starters, the Sox have one guy who is close to unhittable. David Price has pitched well in his last 5 or so starts. Porcello has been inconsistent. Rodriguez and Wright should be coming back in the next couple of weeks.

So the post-season starters will be Sale, Price and Porcello. If Porcello is shaky then he gets the hook early.

The only team Price seemingly can't beat is the Yankees, and I'm not even sure he sees them at all in October, we are watching a sinking ship in the Bronx

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasier is a journeyman who has caught lightening in a bottle, the clock could strike midnight in October. Barnes has been good but not a good as his numbers. I just don't trust any of them. When they won titles they had very deep bullpens who got them out of a 2 on 2 out jam in the 5th, then shut it down through the end of the game regularly. Despite the numbers I just don't see this bullpen doing that, I hope Joe Kelly never sees the ball in the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team Price seemingly can't beat is the Yankees, and I'm not even sure he sees them at all in October, we are watching a sinking ship in the Bronx

You are too down on them. Despite the recent troubles, the Yankees are still playing .600 ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasier is a journeyman who has caught lightening in a bottle, the clock could strike midnight in October. Barnes has been good but not a good as his numbers. I just don't trust any of them. When they won titles they had very deep bullpens who got them out of a 2 on 2 out jam in the 5th, then shut it down through the end of the game regularly. Despite the numbers I just don't see this bullpen doing that, I hope Joe Kelly never sees the ball in the playoffs.

When the Sox won World Series they had starters like Derek Lowe go to the bullpen and be lights out bullpen pitchers.

Guys like Kelly aren't going to get any important work in the postseason. Instead it will be guys like Wright or Valasquez or Eovaldi coming out of the pen.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are too down on them. Despite the recent troubles, the Yankees are still playing .600 ball.

Understood, but outside of the record, an Ace who is probably as unreliable as anyone from here on out. A lineup trotting out 3-4 guys nightly that are barely bench worthy caliber, a bullpen that has one guy in Betances that you have faith in

Heads above water because the schedule has been recently kind, but that wildcard is far from locked up with trips out West coming

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Sox won World Series they had starters like Derek Lowe go to the bullpen and be lights out bullpen pitchers.

Guys like Kelly aren't going to get any important work in the postseason. Instead it will be guys like Wright or Valasquez or Eovaldi coming out of the pen.

I could see Eovaldi with his stuff becoming an October hero out of that pen

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that's a pretty good point. I just remember Sox teams with bullpen guys like Timlin, Okajima etc playing prominent roles.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're too down on them. Bring back the dirt from yesterday morning. Thanks

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too down on them. Bring back the dirt from yesterday morning. Thanks

When your "ace" can't stop a team that's 2nd from the bottom in run scored in the entire league, I'd say that's a pretty good reason to be down.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what happened to the Gleyber Torres from the 1st half?

Cuz 2nd half Gleyber is leaving a LOT to be desired.

Basically engraving the ROY plaque for Miggy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your "ace" can't stop a team that's 2nd from the bottom in run scored in the entire league, I'd say that's a pretty good reason to be down.

Why are you surprised? I expected him to be bad. This has been the trend since early July for him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't really expect Severino to outpitch DeGrom right?

If AJ Cole doesn't pitch like ass and give up 3 HRs then the Yankees likely find a way to get the W

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you surprised? I expected him to be bad. This has been the trend since early July for him.

I didn't-thought he had started to get it together in his last start and would build on that against an anemic offense.

Instead, that anemic offense basically torched him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Britton is fucking awful.

Dude had a 3.45 in 16 games with the O's. ERA since coming to the bronx is now approaching 8

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't really expect Severino to outpitch DeGrom right?

If AJ Cole doesn't pitch like ass and give up 3 HRs then the Yankees likely find a way to get the W

Cmon Severino was garbage

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, that's enough of Greg Bird