• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles aren't putting together a team that is going to compete anytime soon. There's little point in keeping Machado and/or trying to resign him.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you trade someone, it becomes a lot harder to get them back.

That is just human nature. They might harbor ill will, or more likely they might fall in love with the new team (Wifey might as well even more problematic).

If you want Machado, just offer him the full extension and see if he bites.

Baltimore seems to think there is no other option but to trade away the best asset they have had in 30 years.

I think at this point, it will all be about top dollar in free agency. If the Orioles pony it up, he returns. But there is no way you keep him for a meaningless 2 months without getting some assets in return. Manny and his family probably wouldn't have time to do a full move to a new city in the two months anyway. Whatever family he has likely stays in Baltimore until they know where he ends up in free agency.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point, it will all be about top dollar in free agency. If the Orioles pony it up, he returns. But there is no way you keep him for a meaningless 2 months without getting some assets in return. Manny and his family probably wouldn't have time to do a full move to a new city in the two months anyway. Whatever family he has likely stays in Baltimore until they know where he ends up in free agency.

manny want be back they tried to talk to him 2 years ago . we lose games because we field a team with a lf that is our future 1 st baseman . beckham is a waste playing D .davis and Trumbo should never see the field again our cf should be in rf . we have 6 that should be in the minors or just cut . we have no speed but that could change with 3 call ups . I have seen so many outs turned into hits . I have been shocked how bad the hitting has been all year long. I hope since manny want be back just clean the all out britton and jones . I do think jones would come back but he want be in cf

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees need to come out hot to start the second half. a sweep of the Mets would be a great start. I dont think thats too much to ask for. after all they are the Mets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees need to come out hot to start the second half. a sweep of the Mets would be a great start. I dont think thats too much to ask for. after all they are the Mets

We just need to keep on winning series. Simple as that Red Sox are not going to keep on winning 9 of 10.

Favorable start to the 2nd half as we play 9 of 12 at home and those games are against the Mets, O's, & Royals. The 3 game set in Tampa will be tough.

Bad thing is the Red Sox start of the 2nd half is just as favorable. The only difference is they play 1 more series on the road than the Yanks. They play the Tigers, O's, Minny, and Philly. Only tough series will be the Phils.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manny want be back they tried to talk to him 2 years ago . we lose games because we field a team with a lf that is our future 1 st baseman . beckham is a waste playing D .davis and Trumbo should never see the field again our cf should be in rf . we have 6 that should be in the minors or just cut . we have no speed but that could change with 3 call ups . I have seen so many outs turned into hits . I have been shocked how bad the hitting has been all year long. I hope since manny want be back just clean the all out britton and jones . I do think jones would come back but he want be in cf
Manny also wants a lot of money and the Orioles aren't likely going to be able to meet his demands. I'd be extremely shocked if he went back to an Orioles team that's going to try to rebuild and not contend for at least a couple of years.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster seems to think Manny is signing in Philly

That entire front office had a hand in drafting and developing him

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARCHER/EOVALDI AND ROMO TAKE YOUR PICK:suds:

Chris Archer hasn't had an ERA below 4 since 2015

He is literally the only name being floated that would be a downgrade from Sonny Gray

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to keep on winning series. Simple as that Red Sox are not going to keep on winning 9 of 10.

Favorable start to the 2nd half as we play 9 of 12 at home and those games are against the Mets, O's, & Royals. The 3 game set in Tampa will be tough.

Bad thing is the Red Sox start of the 2nd half is just as favorable. The only difference is they play 1 more series on the road than the Yanks. They play the Tigers, O's, Minny, and Philly. Only tough series will be the Phils.

Division is a wrap

MLB, steroids and payroll saw to that

Just gotta hope to win the WC game in the Bronx, cause we own the Astros, Tribe, and demolish every non Sale starter on the Sox, and that's assuming his arm is still attached by October

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scherzer

NL fraud

Rick Porcello and Aaron Judge own that ass

And Mike Trout is pretty good

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Archer hasn't had an ERA below 4 since 2015

He is literally the only name being floated that would be a downgrade from Sonny Gray
I'd have no problem with the Yankees making a run at Felipe Vasquez of the Pirates.....A lefty power arm would make their pen lethal....Could make up for the limited options out there for starting pitching.....Probably cost a pretty penny......

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Sonny Gray & Neil Walker still suck.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem with the Yankees making a run at Felipe Vasquez of the Pirates.....A lefty power arm would make their pen lethal....Could make up for the limited options out there for starting pitching.....Probably cost a pretty penny......

Love it, he's a beast, not sure why he'd be available

Buster Olney said a sleeper for the Yanks is Carlos Martinez if St Louis gets off to slow 2nd half start

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it, he's a beast, not sure why he'd be available

Buster Olney said a sleeper for the Yanks is Carlos Martinez if St Louis gets off to slow 2nd half start
It was just a thought....Looking at teams that will be out off pennant races soon and his contract is pretty reasonable.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a thought....Looking at teams that will be out off pennant races soon and his contract is pretty reasonable.....

Britton doesn't strike me as the same dominant guy, think someone is gonna overpay for him