• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its gotten to be enough with him, his self promoting for the HOF probably pushed him in, he never shut up about it, it was almost like "Im tired of hearing this asshole"

I'll never forget him popping up Yaz with the tying run at 3rd in the 1 game playoff, but going after Rivera like he did last year and Cashman this year is definitely depleting my goodwill.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH NO YOU DIDN'T:mad2:

I was always on the Reggie side of the Munson fights as a kid, but after growing up and looking back Reggie was an ass or a straw stirring the drink.

Reggie was a huge ass.

But I'll give him this-when the lights were on, there was no one better.

I remember his first game back in NY as an Angel when the Yankees opted not to re-sign him. Everyone in the ballpark knew he was going deep.....and he did.

Then 50,000 people started chanting "Steinbrenner sucks". LOL good times.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No wonder you're all mixed up. You got a white man's first name, a Spanish man's second name and a black man's third name."
-Mickey made this comment to Reginald (Reggie) Martinez Jackson in July of 1977

"Out of what, a thousand?"
Mickey Rivers, responding to teammate Reggie Jackson's claim he had an IQ of 160

"You'd better stop readin' and writin' and start hittin'!"
-Mickey Rivers' quip back at Reggie Jackson when Jackson told Rivers, in front of reporters, that he should learn how to read and write.

Last edited:

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things never change. LOL

Used to crack me up how he'd walk up to the plate like he was 80 years old, then fly down the line when he made contact.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No wonder you're all mixed up. You got a white man's first name, a Spanish man's second name and a black man's third name."
-Mickey made this comment to Reginald (Reggie) Martinez Jackson in July of 1977

"Out of what, a thousand?"
Mickey Rivers, responding to teammate Reggie Jackson's claim he had an IQ of 160

"You'd better stop readin' and writin' and start hittin'!"
-Mickey Rivers' quip back at Reggie Jackson when Jackson told Rivers, in front of reporters, that he should learn how to read and write.

A few years back, we had old Yankees come in and sign autographs at the souvenir shops

Mickey was a sad case, my brother had to pay for his hotel and a cab, he was absolutely broke

And Doc Gooden was doing lines in the bathroom

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things never change. LOL

Used to crack me up how he'd walk up to the plate like he was 80 years old, then fly down the line when he made contact.
Steinbrenner used to give him an advance on his paycheck due to his gambling.....He'd always ask why it was short money....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back, we had old Yankees come in and sign autographs at the souvenir shops

Mickey was a sad case, my brother had to pay for his hotel and a cab, he was absolutely broke

Damn, I hate to hear that. Mickey still shows up for old timers days most years. Wonder if they kick him a few bucks for that. I hope so.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steinbrenner used to give him an advance on his paycheck due to his gambling.....He'd always ask why it was short money....

If you read "The Bronx Zoo", him and Piniella were degenerates. Would bet on anything.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read "The Bronx Zoo", him and Piniella were degenerates. Would bet on anything.
I used to see Roy White and Piniella years ago at the Meadowlands racetrack.....Were regulars....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The hotel was probably the basement in Stan's.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jon Heyman, the Yankees will be one of the many teams in attendance tomorrow when former two-time Cy Young award winner Tim Lincecum throws for scouts in Seattle. Lincecum didn’t pitch at all last season, but apparently he has the itch again, and he’s attempting a comeback.

I'm in!

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jon Heyman, the Yankees will be one of the many teams in attendance tomorrow when former two-time Cy Young award winner Tim Lincecum throws for scouts in Seattle. Lincecum didn’t pitch at all last season, but apparently he has the itch again, and he’s attempting a comeback.

I'm in!
I just booked a flight to Seattle.....My elbow is much better now than it was during my college days....I'm making a comeback!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in!

I remember in his prime reading some stuff on scouts saying he would never last in the league with his throwing motion, how hard he threw and his weight

Spot on

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember in his prime reading some stuff on scouts saying he would never last in the league with his throwing motion, how hard he threw and his weight

Spot on
He looked like Wiley Wiggins that played Mitch Kramer in Dazed and Confused......