• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goose gonna goose.

He gets more mental as he gets older. No recognition of the fact that the reason he wasn't invited this year is because every year he comes in and makes a spectacle of himself.
I'm a huge Gossage fan, but good Lord is he losing it.....He has to let it go once and for all....Banging his "2+ inning" drum constantly....Now he joins Bradshaw as another idol that flips their lid every couple of weeks....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Gossage fan, but good Lord is he losing it.....He has to let it go once and for all....Banging his "2+ inning" drum constantly....Now he joins Bradshaw as another idol that flips their lid every couple of weeks....

Loved Goose back in the day, but he's certifiable now. He ain't gonna get very far bashing Cashman these days either.

"Cashman doesn't believe in coaching" LOL Ok Goose.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My older brother is a huge old school Goose fan and texted me this morning in celebration of the comments

I cant agree anymore, it was once amusing, now it has all become too whiny....

he should be banned from ST, he has been taking cheap shots at Cashman either directly or indirectly (with the nerd comments) for a while...

His whole self promoting for the HOF, and the complete lack of respect he continues to show Mariano, when you know Mo would do nothing but praise Goose...

Its just become too much now, and his statements couldnt be more in-accurate, which makes him look that much worse

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers and catchers today boys.

Lets hope this is day 1 leading to number 28. Haven't been this excited for a new season in a while.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers and catchers today boys.

Lets hope this is day 1 leading to number 28. Haven't been this excited for a new season in a while.

Yeah, the perfect storm of excitement, young unknowns, new manager, see what guys like Judge and Bird can do after last season......So many great subplots

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read all the young guys are reporting today, 3 days earlier than mandatory. Love that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read all the young guys are reporting today, 3 days earlier than mandatory. Love that.

Whats your thoughts on bringing back Eddie Nunez, which seems to be pretty possible?

or are you all in on Andujar

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats your thoughts on bringing back Eddie Nunez, which seems to be pretty possible?

or are you all in on Andujar

Well, I don't think that Andujar or Torres are going to be breaking camp with the big club, so if the alternative is Tyler Wade and Danny Espinosa I'm OK with bringing Nunez back on a 1 year deal. I can't believe he hasn't been signed yet to be honest.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't think that Andujar or Torres are going to be breaking camp with the big club, so if the alternative is Tyler Wade and Danny Espinosa I'm OK with bringing Nunez back on a 1 year deal. I can't believe he hasn't been signed yet to be honest.
Yup, one year at most and I don't miss his .650 fielding % either.....Guy could be a butcher at Sparks Steakhouse....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only position im not sure on, backup 1st base, which seems to be nitpicking, but with Birds history...Maybe its Wade heading into camp?

Man I want Bird to play 140-150, I think he will be the best all around hitter on this team

Until Gleyber becomes Carlos Correa of course

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, one year at most and I don't miss his .650 fielding % either.....Guy could be a butcher at Sparks Steakhouse....

LOL. Little bastard can hit though.

A lot more than I can say for Wade or Espinosa. Lot of Yankee people saying don't sleep on Wade based on his Milb numbers, but man that kid looked completely overmatched last year in the bigs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if you guys saw how insanely jacked Aaron Hicks is

Hope it isnt detectable

Aaron-Hicks-min.jpg

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only position im not sure on, backup 1st base, which seems to be nitpicking, but with Birds history...Maybe its Wade heading into camp?

Man I want Bird to play 140-150, I think he will be the best all around hitter on this team

Until Gleyber becomes Carlos Correa of course

Not Wade. He's never played an inning there in pro ball. Tyler Austin will probably be the guy if it's necessary.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Fowler expected to win the opening day job for the A's in CF

Jorge Matteo rising through the ranks

No word on Kaperlin

Thats the one deal for Gray i thought we gave up a lot, and could end up getting us in the end

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No word on Kaperlin

Thats the one deal for Gray i thought we gave up a lot, and could end up getting us in the end
Two of the three were injured at the time....The Fowler kid looked like a player before that horrific accident....The Kaprielian guy looked like a body builder and keeps getting hurt....That approach isn't advised today as the Mets can attest with Thor....I think Gray is capable of a bounce back year, but so far I've been underwhelmed....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No word on Kaperlin

Mateo is the one who I think could haunt them down the road. Kaprelian always looked good, but I thought TJ surgery was looming-not sure if he had it or not.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the three were injured at the time....The Fowler kid looked like a player before that horrific accident....The Kaprielian guy looked like a body builder and keeps getting hurt....That approach isn't advised today as the Mets can attest with Thor....I think Gray is capable of a bounce back year, but so far I've been underwhelmed....

Right, I mean, even after trading those guys and graduating Judge/Montgomery/Frazier, they're still the #2 farm system in baseball.

I still do that trade 10 times out of 10.