• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana sucks every other year anyway.

Could be a benefit he isn't pitching.

Morrison wasn't much of an addition imo. He hit all those homers last year, but in a career year he still didn't hit .250.

Santana has been pretty good his whole time as a twin.

Unfortunately he’s missed a full year worth of games due to drugs and injuries.

That and he he has zero passion so he’s worthless in the clutch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@richig07

Covey's regression begins.

Holding a guy to a standard where he can't have one non-quality start vs a really good lineup is a bit unfair. No? Seeing a team like CLE in two consecutive starts is rough. 4 ER is far from a blow up.

I already had said he'd never finish with an ERA in the low 2's. That'd be quite silly to think. He's not Verlander...

YET! :D

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding a guy to a standard where he can't have one non-quality start vs a really good lineup is a bit unfair. No? Seeing a team like CLE in two consecutive starts is rough. 4 ER is far from a blow up.

I already had said he'd never finish with an ERA in the low 2's. That'd be quite silly to think. He's not Verlander...

YET! :D

As much as I don't like it ... you team is on the right path ... In a couple of years, we will be feeling the pain.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't like it ... you team is on the right path ... In a couple of years, we will be feeling the pain.

There's a bit more talent on the Tigers roster than I thought. We'll see what happens at the deadline and going forward.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelvin Herrera netted pretty much a draft pick and two fringey prospects. Feels good, man.

Herrera does have more WS PA's than Trout and Harper combined, so they have that going.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a bit more talent on the Tigers roster than I thought. We'll see what happens at the deadline and going forward.

Not sure if it's talent or just "hunger".

Last year's Tigers (3rd highest payroll in MLB) through 73 games: 32-41

This year's Tigers (19th highest payroll in MLB) through 73 games: 36-37

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's talent or just "hunger".

Last year's Tigers (3rd highest payroll in MLB) through 73 games: 32-41

This year's Tigers (19th highest payroll in MLB) through 73 games: 36-37

You have a far better manager, which helps. Ausmus looked like he ran out of fucks to give last season. Just seemed like he was counting the days until he got out of there.

And yes. Young guys scrapping to prove themselves always tends to go better than a group of "star" veterans waiting for their ticket out of town. You see that a lot at the trade deadline every season. With teams who trade their final 2-3 legitimate pieces away and you think "Oh, wow. They're going to be REAL terrible now."... then they actually play respectable ball for a month.

There is SOME talent there, I'm just not sure what to make of it. Castellanos appears to be a legit late blooming stud. Candelario is doing a good deal better than I thought after he left the Cubs. Martin has been a legit lead-off guy (with some power). I've liked Hicks since last season, glad to see he's coming along in an every day role. The staff has been surprisingly solid. Boyd has come into his own.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is SOME talent there, I'm just not sure what to make of it. Castellanos appears to be a legit late blooming stud. Candelario is doing a good deal better than I thought after he left the Cubs. Martin has been a legit lead-off guy (with some power). I've liked Hicks since last season, glad to see he's coming along in an every day role. The staff has been surprisingly solid. Boyd has come into his own.

Not sure "late blooming" applies to a 26-year old. It's easy to forget how young Castellanos was when the Tigers first brought him up. He's just now getting to the typical peak years you see from hitters (26-30). Few position players are an immediate stud at 20, a la Mike Trout.

Yeah, of the three pitchers we got in 2015 deals (Norris, Fulmer, Boyd), who would have expected Boyd to be pitching the best of the three right now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure "late blooming" applies to a 26-year old. It's easy to forget how young Castellanos was when the Tigers first brought him up. He's just now getting to the typical peak years you see from hitters (26-30). Few position players are an immediate stud at 20, a la Mike Trout.

Yeah, of the three pitchers we got in 2015 deals (Norris, Fulmer, Boyd), who would have expected Boyd to be pitching the best of the three right now.

Yeah, I thought Castellanos was like 28. Forgot he came up so early.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Mondesi will see some time at SS, twice a week. It's something. Get Bonifacio up here and I might have a modicum of fun seeing players develop. This has been as dreadful a baseball season to watch as I can think of as a fan to watch. Very minimal in terms of young players.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Mondesi will see some time at SS, twice a week. It's something. Get Bonifacio up here and I might have a modicum of fun seeing players develop. This has been as dreadful a baseball season to watch as I can think of as a fan to watch. Very minimal in terms of young players.
What you think of the trade yesterday?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty shitty to be honest. They probably really liked the pitcher and maybe were a bit spooked by Herrera's last outing is my guess.
I just saw it on the ticker last night while watching a Babyfaced Bryce Harper. Had no knowledge of any of the prospects, which means nothing really.

Seemed early to cash in the chips on a closer. Sucks for me, cuz I have to assume Greene is worth less.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it on the ticker last night while watching a Babyfaced Bryce Harper. Had no knowledge of any of the prospects, which means nothing really.

Seemed early to cash in the chips on a closer. Sucks for me, cuz I have to assume Greene is worth less.
Definitely a buyer's market.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar is quietly putting together a great season. He has 31 doubles already, which would put him on a pace for 73 for the season. Earl Webb's record of 67 has stood since 1931. It's not time to start a record watch yet, as others have been on pace for the record at this time of the season, but it's still impressive.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL in general blows. Three and a half months to go before we know if it's the Angels or Mariners that get the second WC. And that race has an 8 game lead. Minny is 15 back in the Win column in that one.

If you mean it blows because it's seemingly already decided, I wouldn't disagree. It's top heavy, for sure, but I think the top three teams in the AL are the three best teams in MLB. On the other hand, the worst three teams in the AL are arguably the three worst teams in MLB.