• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 Official Playoffs Predictions Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Raps
2. Celtics
3. Wiz
4. 76ers
5. Bucks
6. Pacers
7. Heat
8. Hornets

1. Rockets
2. Warriors
3. Jazz
4. Thunder
5. Nuggets
6. Spurs
7. Wolves
8. Lakers

Raps over Hornets
Celts over Heat
Pacers over Wiz
Bucks over 76ers

Raps over Pacers
Celts over bucks

Raps over Celts

Rockets over Lakers
Warriors over Wolves
Jazz over Spurs
Nuggets over Thunder

Rockets over Nuggets
Warriors over jazz

Rockets over Warriors

NBA CHAMPION

TORONTO RAPTORS

Finals MVP Kawahi Leonard

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest seed anyone has predicted for OKC is 3rd. Someone else had them as 4th.

Last season they finished a game behind the 3rd seeded Blazers.

I don't think we're that high on them.

We basically think they'll be the same or slightly better than they were last season which isn't a crazy thought

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest seed anyone has predicted for OKC is 3rd. Someone else had them as 4th.

Last season they finished a game behind the 3rd seeded Blazers.

I don't think we're that high on them.

We basically think they'll be the same or slightly better than they were last season which isn't a crazy thought

After the Warriors and Rockets, it's hard to overrate or underrate any of the expected playoff contenders in the West. You can make just about as strong a case for any of those teams to finish as high as 3rd or as low as 9th or 10th.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Warriors and Rockets, it's hard to overrate or underrate any of the expected playoff contenders in the West. You can make just about as strong a case for any of those teams to finish as high as 3rd or as low as 9th or 10th.

Yep exactly. It may be very similar to last season where only like 4 or 5 games separate 3-10 in the West

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly. It may be very similar to last season where only like 4 or 5 games separate 3-10 in the West

Should make the season even more fun. The proverbial "bad loss in January" that teams just shrug off, could end up deciding whether a team makes the playoffs or not. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should make the season even more fun. The proverbial "bad loss in January" that teams just shrug off, could end up deciding whether a team makes the playoffs or not. lol
Well yeah, deciding if you make the playoffs to get smoked by the Warriors or Rockets in the first round

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte will be the #6 seed in the east, while retread Miami won't sniff the playoffs. Those are the only predictions I'm making this summer...I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by everything else.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte will be the #6 seed in the east, while retread Miami won't sniff the playoffs. Those are the only predictions I'm making this summer...I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by everything else.

You hate Miami so much lmao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I could literally see the Lakers finishing as high as 3rd in the West or being out of the playoffs and, as you point out, that could be said for pretty much everyone not named the Warriors or Rockets.

Even at that, the Rockets are probably a Harden injury away from missing the playoffs themselves.
I just dont think the Lakers will finish as high as 3rd just because LeBron's teams take some time to gel when he has moved before--- and he isnt playing with another al lstar- but i wouldnt say its impossible.

As i said- I am kind of settling in on the Jazz and Thunder being a tick ahead of the other Western Conference group that we have been talking about. I think the Thunder, without having the issue of George's contract over their heads, without having to try and shoe-horn Anthony into the team who was a bad fit, with a year of continuity, should be a really good team. And of course I think the Jazz with Mitchell and Gobert and a very deep team around them, a good coach, will be the 4th best team.

Of course OKC and the Jazz could finish below 3 and 4 but i think they are the 3rd and 4th best teams right now- i just think they are slightly ahead of the rest of the group.

but we shall see.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont think the Lakers will finish as high as 3rd just because LeBron's teams take some time to gel when he has moved before--- and he isnt playing with another al lstar- but i wouldnt say its impossible.

Yeah, I'm definitely not predicting they'll finish 3rd. For that to happen, they'll need some help by having 1 or 2 other teams underachieve/suffer an injury to an important player.

Like you said, it's going to take a minute to get everyone on the same page. Plus, I expect that they will try to limit Lebron's minutes and have him sit out a game or 2 here and there as well.

The one thing I will say is that it's possible that the Lakers get things figured out a little sooner because they don't have another all star player. So, Lebron will be the undisputed leader of the team. When he went to Miami and returned to Cleveland, he was the leader, but they had other guys who were used to being their teams #1 option. Because of their youth, the Lakers don't have that guy.

On the other hand, if they are playing like they are in awe of Lebron and defer to him too much, it could end up taking just as long or longer to gel.

Definitely will be interesting to see what happens.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking it over - No. For one, I might not be here. Second, there's only one bitch I'd like to use my undefeated avi record on, and this particular individual as it currently stands is too pussy to back up all his smack.

Yet you're not willing to back up your 'Hornets will finish 6th' smack?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round
Boston over Detroit
Toronto over Milwaukee
Philly over Indiana
Miami over Washington

2nd round
Boston over Miami
Toronto over Philly

ECF
Toronto over Boston

1st Round
Warriors over Blazers
Rockets over Nuggets
OKC over Utah
Spurs over Lakers

2nd round
Warriors over Spurs
OKC over Rockets

WCF
Warriors over OKC

Finals
Warriors over Raptors
I agree with most of what you said but I see the Rockets making it to the wcf and just may upset the Warriors you never know

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of what you said but I see the Rockets making it to the wcf and just may upset the Warriors you never know

The Rockets can make it to the WCF if they stay healthy...but beating the Warriors?

Assuming Boogie returns to anywhere near pre-injury form, the Warriors got better. If he doesn't, they stayed the same.

The Rockets on the other hand, got worse. I don't see them beating a healthy Warriors. Especially if Boogie plays well.