• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Top Prospects

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFL roster news:

So far, these are the guys the Giants are sending to the AFL, Tyler Beede, Tyler Cyr, Aramis Garcia, Steven Duggar.

I'd wager that all of those guys see the majors in 2014.

Giants can send 3 more players. Some decent guesses are Rodolfo Martinez, Reyes Moronta, Joan Gregorio, Michael Cederoth, Heath Quinn, C.J Hinojosa. Giants like to send guys that missed a lot of time for various reasons. I don't include Arroyo because it sounds like the Giants are sending him to a Caribbean league, which are a bit more competitive. We'll see.

Winter Leagues: Scottsdale Scorpions: Roster
I would guess Cederoth and Gregorio are near locks. Although, seeing as Gregorio is a near lock for the SF bully, maybe they would prefer he rest??

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFL roster news:

So far, these are the guys the Giants are sending to the AFL, Tyler Beede, Tyler Cyr, Aramis Garcia, Steven Duggar.

Giants can send 3 more players. Some decent guesses are Rodolfo Martinez, Reyes Moronta, Joan Gregorio, Michael Cederoth, Heath Quinn, C.J Hinojosa. Giants like to send guys that missed a lot of time for various reasons. I don't include Arroyo because it sounds like the Giants are sending him to a Caribbean league, which are a bit more competitive. We'll see.

Does the fact that Gregorio is serving a suspension impact whether he can be assigned to the AFL?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFL roster news:

Chris Shaw was just added, which is somewhat surprising, but also sweet! This year's AFL team is stacked. Shaw was added as a LFer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.com updated their top 30 prospect list for the Giants. They are:

1. Christian Arroyo, ss
2. Chris Shaw, lf
3. Tyler Beede, sp
4. Heliot Ramos, cf
5. Bryan Reynolds, cf
6. Austin Slater, rf
7. Steven Duggar, rf
8. Aramis Garcia, c
9. Sandro Fabian, rf
10. Heath Quinn, rf
11. Andrew Suarez, sp
12. Joan Gregorio, sp
13. Seth Corry, rp
14. Ryder Jones, 3rd
15. Jacob Gonzalez, 3rd
16. C.J. Hinojosa, ss
17. Shaun Anderson, sp
18. Kyle Crick, rp
19. Garrett Cave, rp
20. Garrett Williams, sp
21. Sam Coonrod, sp
22. Jordan Johnson, sp
23. Melvin Adon, sp
24. Miguel Gomez, 2nd
25. Kelvin Beltre, 2nd
26. Matt Krook, sp
27. Reyes Moronta, rp
28. Rodolfo Martinez, rp
29. Stephen Woods, sp
30. Bryan Johnson, lf
Arroyo - missed significant time to injury.
Beede - missed significant time to injury.
Ramos - missed significant time to injury.
Slater - missed significant time to injury.
Duggar - missed significant time to injury.
Suarez - missed significant time to injury.
Gomez - missed significant time to injury.

That's 6 of our top 11 prospects, according to BA. Personally, I also had Gomez in the top 10 as well, but the point is made.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sandisfan

Care to explain the face Palm? Do you disagree with the fact that the Giants prospects have been destroyed by injury this year? I am interested to hear your alternate take...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo - missed significant time to injury.
Beede - missed significant time to injury.
Ramos - missed significant time to injury.
Slater - missed significant time to injury.
Duggar - missed significant time to injury.
Suarez - missed significant time to injury.
Gomez - missed significant time to injury.

That's 6 of our top 11 prospects, according to BA. Personally, I also had Gomez in the top 10 as well, but the point is made.
Well, I'd say a couple of those guys didn't miss significant time but, in Ramos' case, the injury was significant and took him out for the remaining week and a half of the season and could have an impact on his future.

On Suarez, I think you are thinking of Albert. Andrew, I thought, was healthy for the whole year. He made 24 starts between Richmond and Sacramento. (Interesting side note, apparently Andrew Suarez pitched for both Richmond and Sacramento on April 7th. I saw this on his game log on Baseball Reference and followed the box score links for both on MILB.com. His player page on MILB.com confirms this too. The guy traveled that day, unless, of course, this was a make up game with Sacramento).

With Beede, he was looking a bit sketchy before he went down with an injury. That, of course, wouldn't have altered this chance to get called up considering his prospect status, his proximity to SF and the state of the team in SF.

I think Duggar and Slater were hurt the most from their playing time being lost to injury.

Among the rest of the 30, Rodolfo Martinez also had a significant injurys that sidelined him most of the season.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sandisfan

Care to explain the face Palm? Do you disagree with the fact that the Giants prospects have been destroyed by injury this year? I am interested to hear your alternate take...
I've gotten a couple of facepalms on posts I've made (don't remember by which poster) and just assumed it was their reaction to the information I shared, not necessarily in disagreement to me. Some people may not understand that is considered a negative response to the poster.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd say a couple of those guys didn't miss significant time but, in Ramos' case, the injury was significant and took him out for the remaining week and a half of the season and could have an impact on his future.

On Suarez, I think you are thinking of Albert. Andrew, I thought, was healthy for the whole year. He made 24 starts between Richmond and Sacramento. (Interesting side note, apparently Andrew Suarez pitched for both Richmond and Sacramento on April 7th. I saw this on his game log on Baseball Reference and followed the box score links for both on MILB.com. His player page on MILB.com confirms this too. The guy traveled that day, unless, of course, this was a make up game with Sacramento).

With Beede, he was looking a bit sketchy before he went down with an injury. That, of course, wouldn't have altered this chance to get called up considering his prospect status, his proximity to SF and the state of the team in SF.

I think Duggar and Slater were hurt the most from their playing time being lost to injury.

Among the rest of the 30, Rodolfo Martinez also had a significant injurys that sidelined him most of the season.
Didn't Suarez miss time at the beginning of the year? Am I getting confused with last year?

I probably took a bit of a liberty regarding Ramos, but it was a major injury and it was a couple weeks out of a short season, so, while a liberal take, I will stand behind the statement.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten a couple of facepalms on posts I've made (don't remember by which poster) and just assumed it was their reaction to the information I shared, not necessarily in disagreement to me. Some people may not understand that is considered a negative response to the poster.
I don't care about the rating that much. I just want some conversation. :)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Suarez miss time at the beginning of the year? Am I getting confused with last year?

I probably took a bit of a liberty regarding Ramos, but it was a major injury and it was a couple weeks out of a short season, so, while a liberal take, I will stand behind the statement.
He pitched throughout the season with no breaks. Albert Suarez missed the first three and a half months of this season. Andrew did not miss any time last year either.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pitched throughout the season with no breaks. Albert Suarez missed the first three and a half months of this season. Andrew did not miss any time last year either.
That may be what I was thinking about.

Ok, remove Suarez from this discussion.

Still. Our prospects have been decimated this year.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the Rivercats website:

4/7 vs Tacoma W 6-3 (Completion on 7/8 at 7:30 pm ET)

Lots of oddities in the box score, like Shaw hitting his first HR of the season in AAA, even though he started the season at AA. Check out Shaw's game log for the beginning of the 2017 season.

upload_2017-9-19_14-2-34.png

Reactions: LHG

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sandisfan

Nothing about being judgemental about what you wrote......

Just facepalm as in, just this teams luck lately. I was thinking about posting about how players who get injured early in their careers a more likely to be injury prone but but obviously that isn't always the case just more likely. I didn't feel like writing out a post so just took the short cut to add the facepalm. NO problems with what you wrote.