• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Longhorns Schedule with honest opinion/analysis/percpective - discussion inside........

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what happens when you predict Texas to only win 3 games?

You know what happens?

OP!

You just made the list!

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOONER!

I hope this thread is wrong.

I hope they're REAL good this year. So good in fact, that we have to beat them twice. :happy:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Immediate Input from the elite

@ktg8trgrl
@TemptressToo
@Winged_Wheel88
@moxie
@packerzrule
@SteelersPride
@outofyourmind
@B_dub
@romeo212000
@tnapucco
@KansasSooner
@Jtrain80
@BoomerNTX
@Wishbone
@MarkOU
@sooner78wakeboard
@Scapegoat
@Proud_Okie
@Wheat
@Goldbug
@Pariah
@Nosferatu
@Used 2 B Hu
@tabascojet
@Inimical
@Manster7588
@Cyder
@Ewa PGH Fan
@Rex Racer
@pitman
@BoiseMike19
@BTHOtu
@Jtrain80
@Psych-Ward
@bamabear82
@BritishDolfan
@BigRedMoe
@gobigred
@gohusk
@Brasky
@huskers1217
@Tomhusker
@Carnzo
@Peter Gozintite
@Edisto_Tiger
@KingKoolKat75
@Payton
@58crash
@Eugene Baker III
@AlaskaGuy
@Guns N Guitars
@fordman84
@TheRangerDude
@beardown07
@omarsrevenge
@HaroldSeattle
@HammerDown
@yoga≈surfing
@thedddd
@TheDayMan
@lilchi721
@USCDoom
@Battlelyon
@darken65
@mcnabb7542
@Debbie Does
@Rex Racer
@ill
@Wild Turkey
@Inquisitor95
@popeyecv64
@Dolemite censored
@nathans8823
@7Samurai13
@Bayou Tiger
@RobToxin
@RobBase
@Codaxx
@belcherboy
@4down20
@GoldRusher
@There is A Moose at 3rd
@Cowboyinexile
@Wedgie
@potzer25
@Harry Seaword
@MISKO
@fordman84
@JuiceTheGator
@douggie
@fullxtension
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@NEhomer
@obxyankeefan
@LambeauLegs
@handicappers
@Balljim55
@DetroitDevil
@SJ76
@Tin Man
@Nasty_Magician
@bocomo007
@Guy Incognito
@OregonDucks
@Think McFly Think
@Darrell Green Fan
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@Pack 500
@wlk3
@MilkSpiller22
@blstoker
@Shanemansj13
@femurov
@Mebert
@jeffro151
@DoobeeDoobeeDoo
@mr.hockey4242
@Bolts
@broncosmitty
@da55bums
@steveringo
@Wamu
@CalamityX11
@purguy12
@VFL1995
@DJ
@old1r1sh
@trojanfan12
@CitySushi
@tlance
@BigKen
@TheRobotDevil
@True Lakers Fan
@ehb5
@Clayton
@shopson67
@Ellis269
@fullxtension
@Johnnydollaz89
@Arizona_Sting
@ATL96Steeler
@pantherfanforever11
@Tubbs1518
@cdumler7
@IndyAndy
@FlyerFinFan
@#1BostonFan
@The Crimson King
@gandydancer
@Darkstone42
@Wings
@Gold Rush 86
@FantasyBelowZero
@wildturkey
@gkekoa
@JMedlock5186
@DrewScott
@Ritzarmy
@Full Potato
@Shower Fart
@Chris p Bacon

I know you didnt ask, but I'll pitch in- Let's look at my past few years predictions: 2014, 10 wins. 2015, 10 wins. 2016, 10 wins.

Damn, just cant make a decision. Let me think on it a bit.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for giggles, the mighty Jawhawks will beat the Longhorns again and Kansas will own the state of Texas for only the second time since the Chisolm Trail...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somehow USC will play like crap and find a way to lose. the score will be something like 55-52. Prompting all the talking heads to proclaim Texas is Back! They will be ranked in the top ten until they lose to Iowa State a couple of weeks later. That should prompt El Jexan to start about 20 threads about how much A&M sucks...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for giggles, the mighty Jawhawks will beat the Longhorns again and Kansas will own the state of Texas for only the second time since the Chisolm Trail...
I support this message :thumb:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't normally post this, but this is for Goldbug.

So Tatum chose Texas, because of the DC. Orlando vs Stoops.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't normally post this, but this is for Goldbug.

So Tatum chose Texas, because of the DC. Orlando vs Stoops.

I don't think Mike Stoops helps a lot in many cases. Maybe this was one of them? But these verbals can change. The best thing Bob Stoops can do now is lay a beatdown on the Horns in October. Make everybody think twice about where the two programs are. But that's easier said than done. What I don't want to happen is see Herman start coaching dirty against Oklahoma. The RRSO has always been clean (but HARD) play between the schools. I don't want him to turn chicken shit and coach like Colorado used to play against us. if that happens, all bets are off on where things would go next. It's going to be an interesting playing season and recruiting season too this year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mike Stoops helps a lot in many cases. Maybe this was one of them? But these verbals can change. The best thing Bob Stoops can do now is lay a beatdown on the Horns in October. Make everybody think twice about where the two programs are. But that's easier said than done. What I don't want to happen is see Herman start coaching dirty against Oklahoma. The RRSO has always been clean (but HARD) play between the schools. I don't want him to turn chicken shit and coach like Colorado used to play against us. if that happens, all bets are off on where things would go next. It's going to be an interesting playing season and recruiting season too this year.

That is an odd reaction. I have no delusions that Tatum is a done deal. He is OU's backyard. I was just pointing out that a recruit shares the same opinion about Mike Stoop, as you do

Plus I was anticipating one of your Mike Stools rants. I love those

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an odd reaction. I have no delusions that Tatum is a done deal. He is OU's backyard. I was just pointing out that a recruit shares the same opinion about Mike Stoop, as you do

Plus I was anticipating one of your Mike Stools rants. I love those

I looked it up and saw Tatum is a 4 star but I'm not that worried about it. We've lost good recruits to Texas (and other schools) before and we seemed to survive it. As for Mike Stoops, it's only a matter of time before OU fans once again see that the best part of that guy ran down his mother's leg. When we can't stop Ohio State, or Texas or Ryder Truck Driver Academy the OU fans will start asking why he's still got that job.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up and saw Tatum is a 4 star but I'm not that worried about it. We've lost good recruits to Texas (and other schools) before and we seemed to survive it. As for Mike Stoops, it's only a matter of time before OU fans once again see that the best part of that guy ran down his mother's leg. When we can't stop Ohio State, or Texas or Ryder Truck Driver Academy the OU fans will start asking why he's still got that job.

There it is. Now I am happy

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far be it from me to be a MIKE FUCKING STOOPS apologist...but, numbers don't lie. From the OU board:

"Defensive improvement, did we have any? How would you feel if I told you that we did surprisingly well the last 3 games of the season? Did it feel like an improvement? It didn't to me, but then I went half-nerd and looked at numbers.

Ok St - 20 pts - 403 yds
avg....38.7 pts....492 yds
.........= -49%..+..-19% = -68% / 2 = -34% avg

@ WVU - 28 pts - 485 yds
avg......32.6 pts...507 yds
..........= -14%..+..-5% = -19% / 2 = -8.5% avg

BU - 24 pts - 504 yds
avg..34.9 pts..523 yds
......= -32%..+..-4% = -36% / 2 = -18% avg

Those are the last 3 games. The top line is the opponents point and yard totals in their OU game, the bottom line is their season average and this average INCLUDES the OU game in its data...kinda important.

As you can see all opponents were held under their season average for yards and points when facing OU. For points we held Jr. to almost half the total number of points they had averaged for the season. This was coupled with our defense also allowing them almost a fifth less yards than their season average.

The glaring stat to me is the fall-off at WVU on point differential. Put that on what you will, but it's telling also that each of the games in succession show decreased allowed yards. That is a trend, apply optimism here. Don't forget that those season average numbers include the OU game counting towards their average, so take their OU game out and those season average numbers for both points and yards would have been more swollen.

We aren't anywhere near where we need to be, but I sense great things to come.
---
...and now the bowl game. Keep in mind that trash touchdown late in the 4th AND the average INCLUDES the bowl game. Same as above, take the bowl game out and the averages for points and yards would have been greater.

Auburn - 19 pts - 339 yds
avg......31.2 pts..440.8 yds
...........= -40%.+.-24% = -64% /2 = -32% avg

Adding the last 4 games up, our defense affected those teams to an average -23% total offensive output (pts & yds).

So are we to assume that all of these teams decided to have crappier offensive games when playing OU?

Hate to say it...but Mike and Bob figured some things out. Now is this going to translate to success next year? Fuck I hope so."

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OU defense played really well at the end of last season. But we know what happens with Mike every season. He suffers a brain fart and completely forgets how to change the game plan in the second half of a game or two and "Poof!" we're in a shootout that never should have happened. We've been low on talent which was a problem. But our talent level is up now. Let's hope he's figured some things out and we can get back at Ohio State then roll through the season holding teams down while our offense gets back up to speed. The days of waiting patiently are drawing to a close for Bob and he knows it. He's been good for OU. Now we all want him to win a couple of NC's before he retires.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me if I'm wrong with any of this
I'm being totally realistic here.

L Maryland - Texas will be a "mistake machine" and will throw this easily winnable game

W San Jose State - What the fuck could go wrong in this game.

L @ USC - Longhorns get curb stomped/no explanation needed.

L @ Iowa State - If this game were in Austin, then Texas wouldn't lose so big, but it's not

L KSU - Snyder has Texas number/this won't change. KSU will win this one for outgoing coach Snyder.

L Oklahoma in Dallas - Texas will get clownstomped so hard, we'll have to bus in more clowns.

L Oklahoma State - Texas won't be able to keep up/ might be worse than that 66-3 thing with UCLA

W @ Baylor - Texas finally gets on track. Whatever that means. Its Baylor for fucks sake.

L @ TCU - No fat boy whining here. TCU all the way with Kenny Thrill at QB.

W Kansas - I mean WTF. How many times can you lose to Kansas. Odds favor the Longhorn/squeeker.

L @ West Virginia - That transfere QB that WVU has will set all kinds of records in this game.

W Texas Tech - Coach Bro will be gone by this game and Tech will be wondering when it all ends.

So Texas will manage to beat the 3 worst teams on their schedule.
Herman tries to regroup and seasons end telling the world that Bowl Games are overrated.

That OU homerism has blinded your judgment my friend.

Texas will beat Maryland by 50+. Past that.... Looks about right to me.

FatDaddy6003

CBS Survivor
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,741.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W Maryland - I'll call it Beginners luck and it will set the tone for the season.

W San Jose State - Last week win carries over

L @ USC - To big of a away game for Herman's first year with the Horns.

W @ Iowa State - A win but a close one (home field advantage keeps Horns in check)

L KSU - Snyder has Texas number/this won't change. 100% agree

W Oklahoma in Dallas - I think this will be a upset...Like a 31-28 win with a last second FG

L Oklahoma State - RRSO Hangover

W @ Baylor - Baylor is using nothing but walk on by this time and cant even move the ball

L @ TCU - No fat boy whining here. TCU all the way with Kenny Thrill at QB. 100% agree

W Kansas - Breaks the losing streak at DKR

W @ West Virginia - Herman keeps the Horns winning

W Texas Tech - real close but pulls off the win

So 7-5 will be the final outcome give or take 1 a lose (RRSO is a toss up)