• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Season Thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins against Denver and Atlanta don't seem so big now. Our defense was turning the ball over like pancakes at a birthday party early in the year. Weird, and not like he was playing well early on, if at all... and he certainly isn't a "locker room guy", but ever since Dareus was traded, our defense has disappeared.

I say this, because our offense has to be able to be balanced, and Taylor, as much as it pains me to admit, doesn't excel at pre-snap reads. I love his avoidance of turnovers, but the intermediate passing game is nowhere to be found, and if our run game isn't going well, and/or our defense isn't turning it over, it's over. Nothing I hate more than a throw that goes to the line of scrimmage.

Pocket presence could be lacking, but no way to determine that without a pocket. Right side collapses nearly every time. But his decisiveness is certainly lacking, so I am happy to be proven wrong about the move to Peterman.

The worst run defense game I've ever watched. Three and outs on half the drives may have had something to do with that, but there was no point in the game where the Saints struggled... probably had a harder time in practice.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins against Denver and Atlanta don't seem so big now. Our defense was turning the ball over like pancakes at a birthday party early in the year. Weird, and not like he was playing well early on, if at all... and he certainly isn't a "locker room guy", but ever since Dareus was traded, our defense has disappeared.

I say this, because our offense has to be able to be balanced, and Taylor, as much as it pains me to admit, doesn't excel at pre-snap reads. I love his avoidance of turnovers, but the intermediate passing game is nowhere to be found, and if our run game isn't going well, and/or our defense isn't turning it over, it's over. Nothing I hate more than a throw that goes to the line of scrimmage.

Pocket presence could be lacking, but no way to determine that without a pocket. Right side collapses nearly every time. But his decisiveness is certainly lacking, so I am happy to be proven wrong about the move to Peterman.

The worst run defense game I've ever watched. Three and outs on half the drives may have had something to do with that, but there was no point in the game where the Saints struggled... probably had a harder time in practice.

Yep, that turnover rate was unsustainable and it was only a matter of time before it came crashing back down.

Like Dareus or not, he would at least occupy 1-2 OL per play, opening up lanes for LBs to crash in and stop the run. Even if the Bills have a decent replacement, that player will not be drawing double teams. Big hole to fill in the draft this spring.

It seemed for at least one drive Sunday the Saints broke off 10+ yard gains nearly every play. That was about the time I switched over to the Red Zone channel for good; I could only take so much punishment.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that turnover rate was unsustainable and it was only a matter of time before it came crashing back down.

Like Dareus or not, he would at least occupy 1-2 OL per play, opening up lanes for LBs to crash in and stop the run. Even if the Bills have a decent replacement, that player will not be drawing double teams. Big hole to fill in the draft this spring.

It seemed for at least one drive Sunday the Saints broke off 10+ yard gains nearly every play. That was about the time I switched over to the Red Zone channel for good; I could only take so much punishment.

Lol... as always, I watched it twice! I love pain I guess.

And yeah, the defense was the worst I've ever seen. Taylor is a good QB when the defense and the run game are on. When they're not, his limitations are exposed. I hate admitting that. I wanted him to get better and be a no brainer for the next five years. A la, Russell Wilson-like. Even though he's the best QB we've had (maybe Orton... which is saying something I guess), since you know who, Taylor has not broken through to the other side.

Peterman looked tall in the pocket... I'll give him that. Can't evaluate him in that game scenario, but if he has pre-snap reading talent, I'll be very happy.

Pre-snap Reads. Decisiveness. Accuracy. Why is that too much to ask after 20 years?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... as always, I watched it twice! I love pain I guess.

And yeah, the defense was the worst I've ever seen. Taylor is a good QB when the defense and the run game are on. When they're not, his limitations are exposed. I hate admitting that. I wanted him to get better and be a no brainer for the next five years. A la, Russell Wilson-like. Even though he's the best QB we've had (maybe Orton... which is saying something I guess), since you know who, Taylor has not broken through to the other side.

Peterman looked tall in the pocket... I'll give him that. Can't evaluate him in that game scenario, but if he has pre-snap reading talent, I'll be very happy.

Pre-snap Reads. Decisiveness. Accuracy. Why is that too much to ask after 20 years?

Agreed, but I would give Bledsoe more credit than that.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glenn is out so we'll see how Peterman can play with turnstiles on the right side

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers defense isn't great but they don't stink and play hard, so Peterman gets his introduction against a decent opponent. It will prep him for the following week against a brutal defense of the Chiefs. It's really too bad that both games are on the road which does make it a bit more difficult.

Then it's hoime against the Patriots. If the team can't get up for that and offer some token resistance, then all of the attempts at upgrading will be for naught.

I really thought this team was going to offer some real competition for the Patriots this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers defense isn't great but they don't stink and play hard, so Peterman gets his introduction against a decent opponent. It will prep him for the following week against a brutal defense of the Chiefs. It's really too bad that both games are on the road which does make it a bit more difficult.

Then it's hoime against the Patriots. If the team can't get up for that and offer some token resistance, then all of the attempts at upgrading will be for naught.

I really thought this team was going to offer some real competition for the Patriots this year.

That makes one of us.

Brady has two losses against us if I'm not mistaken. The first, week one when Lawyer Milloy was released by the Pats and signed by the Bills within a week. The second, a week 17 'doesn't matter' game which I don't believe Brady finished.

Competition as in a non blow out? Ok.

I remember dogging Brady hard when Bledsoe went down. Hard. Jokes on me would be a severe understatement.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes one of us.

Brady has two losses against us if I'm not mistaken. The first, week one when Lawyer Milloy was released by the Pats and signed by the Bills within a week. The second, a week 17 'doesn't matter' game which I don't believe Brady finished.

Competition as in a non blow out? Ok.

I remember dogging Brady hard when Bledsoe went down. Hard. Jokes on me would be a severe understatement.

Talking about the past has no bearing on the future. I'm not sure where you're headed.

The Bills and Chiefs started off the season blazing. The Bills have lost their last 3 and the Chiefs have lost 3 of their last 4. As I type, the Chiefs are losing to the 1-8 Giants.

The Patriots were 2-2 and have won their last 5. They also have a road record of 12 straight roads wins going into today.

All I said was that the Bills needed to to do well the next two weeks and could be a problem for them because they're on the road.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the past has no bearing on the future. I'm not sure where you're headed.

The Bills and Chiefs started off the season blazing. The Bills have lost their last 3 and the Chiefs have lost 3 of their last 4. As I type, the Chiefs are losing to the 1-8 Giants.

The Patriots were 2-2 and have won their last 5. They also have a road record of 12 straight roads wins going into today.

All I said was that the Bills needed to to do well the next two weeks and could be a problem for them because they're on the road.

Just saying I never expect to beat the Pats.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not going to beat the Patriots...

we also will not beat the Chargers in their empty stadium

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess we should start talking about QB prospects in the draft this year

one QB is too scared to throw the ball to anyone

the other apparently throws the ball to opposing teams

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we going back to Taylor yet. He has as many picks in a half as Taylor has all year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to him too bad for us.

Pretty much

we have a ton of draft picks and I still don't think we'll fill all our needs

we're still years from playoff contention

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much

we have a ton of draft picks and I still don't think we'll fill all our needs

we're still years from playoff contention

Whats the point of going back to Taylor now. Also the mismanagement of the front office has been terrible too. You trade away everyone from your secondary you trade a talented WR thats a bit injury prone for two injury prone WR. So its tough to over come these things. The writing is on the wall though Taylor will be gone next year so yea we are aways from competing.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point of going back to Taylor now. Also the mismanagement of the front office has been terrible too. You trade away everyone from your secondary you trade a talented WR thats a bit injury prone for two injury prone WR. So its tough to over come these things. The writing is on the wall though Taylor will be gone next year so yea we are aways from competing.

Honestly other than an ACL issue Benjamin hasn't been too injury prone, no matter who we have they're injury prone

The offensive line is just complete and utter rubbish, especially on the right side

we gave up a touchdown because Bosa literally ran right around Jordan Mills

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly other than an ACL issue Benjamin hasn't been too injury prone, no matter who we have they're injury prone

The offensive line is just complete and utter rubbish, especially on the right side

we gave up a touchdown because Bosa literally ran right around Jordan Mills

Definitely the OLine needs a lot of work and there is word that they are going to trade Glenn. We also have to get some depth and our offense is still going to struggle if we dont get some WR and OLine.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the OLine needs a lot of work and there is word that they are going to trade Glenn. We also have to get some depth and our offense is still going to struggle if we dont get some WR and OLine.

We absolutely can't afford to trade Glenn, we badly need him on this team

healthy preferably